What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

The one thing that gives me some hope that this will amount to something is that these revelations and those to come as part of the impeachment process have not all been leaked over the past two years during a "very special investigation".  Nothing appeared in the Mueller report that hadn't already been leaked in a controlled fashion to the public.  Hence the collective shrug when nothing substantively new came out in the report.

This is different.  It is new, being acted on quickly and at least the first phase of the process is controlled by the opposition.

I hope they make the case of Trump's malfeasance related to the whistleblower complaint and then tie it all back together with the President's conduct during and findings of the Mueller investigation.  Shine a harsh fucking light all over Trump's recurring criminal idiocy.  Make it so that even if the President's fluffers in the Senate choose to protect his sorry ass, they will have to face a reckoning at the polling booth next fall.

• Like 2

I don’t know about y’all but I’m starting to think this Bill Barr fella might be a little bit corrupt. 

Seriously what the fuck is the AG talking to the president of Ukraine about a potential prosecution in Ukraine? Is Barr now the attorney general of Planet Earth?

These guys are such corrupt clowns. We’d be better of if the actual mafia was running the country instead of these complete idiots. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t know about y’all but I’m starting to think this Bill Barr fella might be a little bit corrupt. 

Seriously what the fuck is the AG talking to the president of Ukraine about a potential prosecution in Ukraine? Is Barr now the attorney general of Planet Earth?

These guys are such corrupt clowns. We’d be better of if the actual mafia was running the country instead of these complete idiots. 

Well they'd at least be better at covering it up.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

when a republican administration has lost the National Review... boy

Well, what you have to understand is that the National Review is a bunch of RINO libtard soyboy cucks.  Probably also Kenyan muslims.

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

FALSE.  unless Trump actually said “I am hereby extorting you for my own personal and political gain,” using those exact words, and you can produce an audio and video of it, with multiple Republicans attesting to its authenticity, then it is COMPLETE EXONERATION.”

-signed, 

All Republicans 

PS.  even if you do have the authenticated audio and video of it, then it’s a fake, so STILL COMPLETE EXONERATION 

And this is correct.

Of course, add the layer that he just said a few minutes ago - the one thing we KNOW is that Biden and his son are super-corrupt, and must be investigated.  That's the REAL crime here.  That's the message.

And....stop me if you've heard this before (just kidding, you can't stop me, I'll keep saying it)....it's gonna work.

The timing!

They better have 27 witnesses, 8 cameras recording, and a notary public at this hootenanny.

Someone will write a speech for him to follow and it will end with trump sycophants declaring all is fine and this is proof he didnt commit other crimes since he wasnt caught on camera this time.

Approaching this as a litigator . . . 

On the one hand, you always want more evidence so as to make super-duper-sure you've got 'em nailed.

On the other hand, you sometimes fear doing too much discovery because you might find something that actually hurts your case.

In this instance, the Democrats' case is hurt by delay.  They have the smoking gun.  "Javelins" is the quid; the "favor" is the quo; the "though" is the pro.  It's all there in two consecutive sentences.  There's no need to guild the lily.  You have him on straight-up bribery.  Don't delay--hold your hearings next week and vote the week after.

But at the same time, you always want more.  And it seems that things are moving too fast for the White House to effect a cover-up (and they're too stupid to do so, anyway).  So if this whistleblower report is that bad, maybe the Democrats want to let it all come out before striking.

This one is really a bit tough to manage.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Approaching this as a litigator . . . 

On the one hand, you always want more evidence so as to make super-duper-sure you've got 'em nailed.

On the other hand, you sometimes fear doing too much discovery because you might find something that actually hurts your case.

In this instance, the Democrats' case is hurt by delay.  They have the smoking gun.  "Javelins" is the quid; the "favor" is the quo; the "though" is the pro.  It's all there in two consecutive sentences.  There's no need to guild the lily.  You have him on straight-up bribery.  Don't delay--hold your hearings next week and vote the week after.

But at the same time, you always want more.  And it seems that things are moving too fast for the White House to effect a cover-up (and they're too stupid to do so, anyway).  So if this whistleblower report is that bad, maybe the Democrats want to let it all come out before striking.

This one is really a bit tough to manage.

Whatever the wrong way to go about it is.....they'll do that.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1