Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Helobious said:
I don’t care if every waiter I have calls me a dirty wetback & says that my mom is a whore. Just get my correct food to me on time and I’ll be a happy man. I’ve never understood people that care so much about the attitude/friendliness/sociability of waiters & waitresses. I’m there to eat food, not make a best friend. 

Also, I don't need any small talk and don't need my water refilled after every 3 sips.

The Vicster! Vicerino!

01f65739c56224f1b894a3275215e331.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I don’t care if every waiter I have calls me a dirty wetback & says that my mom is a whore. Just get my correct food to me on time and I’ll be a happy man. I’ve never understood people that care so much about the attitude/friendliness/sociability of waiters & waitresses. I’m there to eat food, not make a best friend. 

Yeah, um, if you're curt or rude to me then you're not getting as good of a tip. Be professional, give me correct information, fill my order and deliver it accurately and on time. And no, it's not the kitchen's fault if my order isn't served as requested. Maybe you screwed up my order, maybe they did, but you're my last line of defense. It's your job to make sure it's right before bringing it to me. If it comes out wrong then that's at least partially on you. 

I like friendly, gregarious servers but don't sit down at my table or booth and try to get chatty. You're not in my party. Let's take care of our business in a timely manner. And I'd much rather you refilled my water after every three sips than let me sit there with an empty glass for even a minute. Also, your job isn't done until I've paid my bill and left. Don't make me sit there waiting for my check long after I've finished dining. That makes me especially surly when I've gotten good service for the entire meal and then they seem to forget about me when I'm ready to settle up and gtfo. 

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don't make me sit there waiting for my check long after I've finished dining. That makes me especially surly when I've gotten good service for the entire meal and then they seem to forget about me when I'm ready to settle up and gtfo. 

Just walk out after 5 minutes like college, that’ll learn ‘em. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Just walk out after 5 minutes like college, that’ll learn ‘em. 

I actually did that several years ago but it was more like after 10 minutes or so. It was a little place I went to fairly regularly, maybe once every month or two. I couldn't see my waitress anywhere. She wasn't waiting other tables. I even got up and looked through the open door into the kitchen but didn't see her. I don't know if she went on break or what. Eventually I said 'fuck it' and walked out. 

That had to be at least five years ago. I finally went back a couple months ago. 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, Helobious said:

Chappelle’s bit about ordering a chicken combo from a racist makes me laugh every time.

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The thread dedicated to the ATT chick confirms my belief that most of the world will enthusiastically embrace mediocrity.  

not sure which is worse, the "her eyebrows are a little thin, 4/10, wouldn't bang her" re: models crowd or the "I'm not saying she's a supermodel but she's pretty hot" re: chimpanzee-looking actresses crowd

Edited by SwanderedTalent

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"what people think on social media" is not newsworthy, meaning it's not news

if you're a journalist writing a story about how social media ripped Politician X for saying something about a sporting event or a restaurant, kill yourself

This has been a pet peeve of mine too. Comic book dot com is does this a lot with Kevin Smith Instagram posts. Create an article with very little supplemental writing, with his post in the middle of it. 

SB Nation is a big offender of this too. This for example:

They created an article and shared it on Twitter, where the link takes you to a tweet that takes you back to Twitter. What's the fucking point? Just retweet it. Yes I know it's for pageviews and advertisers but it's still annoying. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

this isnt even actually unpopular:  all calendars should be set by default to start the week on Monday

This.

Our fucking calendar is set to start on Sunday which screws me up every time I either need to enter my vacation days or approve one of my employees days off.

I can never remember either.

It's Masters week so I'll come hard with this hot take:

The food at Augusta National is horrible and for the most part, the people/patrons are horrible too. It's the cheesiest cheeseball-fest going.

McDonald's has better breakfast and the Egg Salad/Pimento Cheese on whitebread is as basic and lame as it sounds. I saw the Bar-B-Que (fyi, if you are spelling it in some jack wagon sort of way like this, it's a red flag it will suck) from the Bar-B-Que sandwiches being thawed out in their frozen plastic bags.

I suspect it is lore and the reputation of the food being cool or good is because a) it's cheap (but it's cheap because it's not good and cheap, it's not like you are getting amazing food at less than what it costs to produce) and b) because the dipshits who are patrons are on an emotional high stemming from a combination of their fat, lumpy bodies having to tuck in their Dri-fit golf shirt into shorts as they do the most walking they will do all year and just being there. I'm reminded of people who conflate good experience and good food like those who think Fletcher's corn dogs with being an amazing foodstuff simply because they are excited to be at TX/OU.

Also, Augusta is such a dump. Georgians call it Disgusta for a very good reason. 

@ me or Fight me if you disagree.

Edited by Rougarou
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The food at Augusta National is horrible and for the most part, the people/patrons are horrible too. It's the cheesiest cheeseball-fest going.

McDonald's has better breakfast and the Egg Salad/Pimento Cheese on whitebread is as basic and lame as it sounds. I saw the Bar-B-Que (fyi, if you are spelling it in some jack wagon sort of way like this, it's a red flag it will suck) from the Bar-B-Que sandwiches being thawed out in their frozen plastic bags.

I suspect it is lore and the reputation of the food being cool or good is because a) it's cheap (but it's cheap because it's not good and cheap, it's not like you are getting amazing food at less than what it costs to produce) and b) because the dipshits who are patrons are on an emotional high stemming from a combination of their fat, lumpy bodies having to tuck in their Dri-fit golf shirt into shorts as they do the most walking they will do all year and just being there. I'm reminded of people who conflate good experience and good food like those who think Fletcher's corn dogs with being an amazing foodstuff simply because they are excited to be at TX/OU.

Also, Augusta is such a dump. Georgians call it Disgusta for a very good reason. 

I love the Masters, but I've never been lucky enough to go. So I guess I'll defer to your expertise on this. 

Just now, lateshow said:

I love the Masters, but I've never been lucky enough to go. So I guess I'll defer to your expertise on this. 

Let the record reflect I'm not saying I'm not one of those fat lumpy golf-obsessed souls doing the most amount of walking I'll do all year! I'm just trying to do a little reflection and self-criticism here.

Rants...this is how it's done. Lol

On 4/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, Rougarou said:

I'm reminded of people who conflate good experience and good food like those who think Fletcher's corn dogs with being an amazing foodstuff simply because they are excited to be at TX/OU.

This is where you lost me. 

8 hours ago, threesheets said:

I might be outing myself as a true,  degenerate drinker, but if I'm drinking,  I'd rather be indoors no matter what time of day or how nice the weather outside.  

And I don't really need windows either.  

I guess what i'm saying is patio drinking annoys me.

Hello darkness, my old friend.  

Username checks out in the end

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have no interest in Game of Thrones. I've never even considered watching a second of it. While admitting I am operating, therefore, from a position of ignorance, I'm baffled by why people think and talk about it as much and in the depth they do. It seems like any time (1x/month) I visit The Ringer, half the articles are analysis of what has happened and might happen on a make-believe TV show. 

I watch plenty of series-style TV on Netflix/Prime. We're watching The Expanse right now. So I don't post the above meaning to imply "I am way too smart/cultured/(whatever) for silly TV". It's just THAT silly TV and the slavering reaction it gets that baffles me.

Then again, maybe I do kind of mean that, because I'm also baffled there are grown men who are excited that more Star Wars movies are coming out. Excited. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1