Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

We started watching thrones when it blew up back in like 2015 because my wife was bed ridden...binging is almost too much because theres so many characters and side stories. I still have no idea who's who besides the obvious ones. It's a good show but a shit ton of scifi shit that I would normally not be interested. It's worth the watch but you have to invest about a year in spacing out episodes to digest wtf happened or you end up like me. It's not a show you can have one eye on the tv..and the other on surly

Doesnt hold a candle to breaking bad.

Me either. Or Breaking Bad or any other popular drama series. The last TV series I watched was The Sopranos. I’m also not a big movie watcher. The last movie I went to that wasn’t a kids movie (I have a 10 year old son) was the King’s Speech. I only went to that one because my wife is an Speech Language Pathologist and she wanted to see her profession glamorized.

35 minutes ago, Hate said:

Me either. Or Breaking Bad or any other popular drama series. The last TV series I watched was The Sopranos.

that's part of why I said I'm not like a big "I don't watch TV" type-- I do. I watched both those series and loved 'em. I guess it's the sword-and-sorcery stuff that causes the confusion for me.

Me either. Or Breaking Bad or any other popular drama series. The last TV series I watched was The Sopranos. I’m also not a big movie watcher. The last movie I went to that wasn’t a kids movie (I have a 10 year old son) was the King’s Speech. I only went to that one because my wife is an Speech Language Pathologist and she wanted to see her profession glamorized.

I thought that’s why she wanted to see Pretty Woman.
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 8:06 AM, Rougarou said:

It's Masters week so I'll come hard with this hot take:

The food at Augusta National is horrible and for the most part, the people/patrons are horrible too. It's the cheesiest cheeseball-fest going.

McDonald's has better breakfast and the Egg Salad/Pimento Cheese on whitebread is as basic and lame as it sounds. I saw the Bar-B-Que (fyi, if you are spelling it in some jack wagon sort of way like this, it's a red flag it will suck) from the Bar-B-Que sandwiches being thawed out in their frozen plastic bags.

I suspect it is lore and the reputation of the food being cool or good is because a) it's cheap (but it's cheap because it's not good and cheap, it's not like you are getting amazing food at less than what it costs to produce) and b) because the dipshits who are patrons are on an emotional high stemming from a combination of their fat, lumpy bodies having to tuck in their Dri-fit golf shirt into shorts as they do the most walking they will do all year and just being there. I'm reminded of people who conflate good experience and good food like those who think Fletcher's corn dogs with being an amazing foodstuff simply because they are excited to be at TX/OU.

Also, Augusta is such a dump. Georgians call it Disgusta for a very good reason. 

@ me or Fight me if you disagree.

I put it to you, Rougarou - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

2 hours ago, Hate said:

My wife is as well. The drawback to that profession is she can quickly tell if I have had too much to drink.  

You havent seen breaking bad??

Man consider yourself lucky. Watch it

11 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I've never watched a single minute of Game of Thrones.

I'm usually one of those "the books were better, but it's okay for what it is" kind of people. The fact that I have zero interest in reading the GOT books is enough to tell me that I have less than zero interest in watching the show. I can't wait for the phenomenon to be over.

I find myself giving zero fucks about Notre Dame. Not in any sort of malicious way, just in a "Why am I supposed to care about this?" way. It's not like it was the Armadillo or anything.
I think the fact that its 900 years old is fascinating but yea..24 hours ago I didn't care about it at all.

Still sorta don't but the recovery stories have me keeping an eye the thread

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I find myself giving zero fucks about Notre Dame. Not in any sort of malicious way, just in a "Why am I supposed to care about this?" way.

Seriously... Always ranked in the preseason top ten, yet not worth the national attention by December. 

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

"I don't watch xxxx show", "I don't play fantasy football", "I hate bowl season", "March Madness is overrated"

like clockwork... 

I haven't watch Game of Thrones because (1) I don't have HBO (2) I have plenty of other crap I watch. Not looking down on it, it sounds like a decent show. 

But yeah, bowl season sucks now.

9 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I find myself giving zero fucks about Notre Dame. Not in any sort of malicious way, just in a "Why am I supposed to care about this?" way. It's not like it was the Armadillo or anything.

This. I did have a lot of friends rush to Instagram to post their awesome Paris vacation selfies though.

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I don't care at all. Not one bit. And not going to pretend to care about it now like so many on social media. I mean it sucks a structure that old burned down but it doesn't move me in either way. I saw some people claim this was one of the worst days of their lives lol. All for that social media attention I guess.

I'm usually one of those "the books were better, but it's okay for what it is" kind of people. The fact that I have zero interest in reading the GOT books is enough to tell me that I have less than zero interest in watching the show. I can't wait for the phenomenon to be over.
Agreed. Never saw a single Harry Potter movie either. Most of us with this opinion are of a certain age though. Just can't get into that dungeons and dragons type shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, Rougarou said:

who think Fletcher's corn dogs with being an amazing foodstuff

I was with you until this. Also you went a bit heavy on the Master's but this is that thread. 

Also I'm pretty sure Breaking Bad is the only serial that I've ever gotten start to finish through, and done so twice. Most serials end up boring the shit out of me or I get distracted after two or three seasons. This is including things like the Sopranos, the Wire, GoT, what have you. 

I enjoy all of those shows and recognize their quality, I just get burnt out after awhile. 

Breaking Bad I could sit down and watch the entire series front to end again if for some reason I had 4-5 days to kill watching TV.

Edited by ztejas
gr

same. I applaud Shady Mccoy for tweeting a spoiler. Hilarious.

reminds me of this drive by

Meh. I'm not much into them either but to purposely spoil it for people who are really into is a douchebag move big time. Everyone likes what they like.

I mean go post the spoilers in the thread on here and see how well it goes over for Endgame.

Better yet, just create a thread on random sections on this board that has the spoilers in the title. That's the equivalent of what those douchebags in this clip are doing.

Guest Lobo

So, scripted shows are only for white people though.  Or wait.  I dunno.  

I do think the NFL, Pro Wrestling, MMA, NASCAR, NBA, and the PGA have one thing in common.  People of different colors and income levels are mostly just suckers that need to be spoon-fed the illusion they have station and agency.  They all look down on one another, but they're just the same group lumped together under the guise of mobility.  

Edited by Lobo

38 minutes ago, TXs said:

Ppl with shitty cars are the shittiest drivers on the road. 

I think it's the opposite. People with the high dollar sports cars and the douchebag Beamer/Mercedes owners are always weaving in and out of traffic and driving like a fucktard.

• Like 1