Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

20 hours ago, smuggs said:

Pregame warm up before something nicer goes on the grill:

1) Cheap-ass NY strip to medium rare.

2) Slice into chunks, stick toothpicks in them.

3) French's yellow on a paper plate with 6 or 8 squirts of Lea & Perrins on top.

4) Dip chunks of cheap-ass NY strip into mustard/Worcestershire.

5) Profit.

So ultra lazy Steak Diane

On 3/25/2019 at 9:28 AM, 52-80 said:

this phase of clint eastwood's 'grumpy old man' career is a boring schtick.  maybe it was funny for the first movie or 2. 

It's just an extension of his "grumpy middle-aged man" schtick.

30 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

We agree no on steak. However, when available A1 is my first choice for a burger condiment.  It's also a great add to chop steak. Also, if the fries are big ones like sliced potatoes fries I'll dip them in A1.

I agree on all of that.  Chop steak is my one spot where I'll break the "no steak sauce" rule, and it's also one of my favorite burger condiments (whatever BBQ sauce I'm into at the time fits that bill as well).

The place I usually go for steak puts out a side of garlic bread, and I'll usually dip that in A1 as well.

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

We agree no on steak. However, when available A1 is my first choice for a burger condiment.  It's also a great add to chop steak. Also, if the fries are big ones like sliced potatoes fries I'll dip them in A1.

A1 on the crispy, buttery potato skins left after you finish your baked potato is pure greatness. 

• Like 3

The key to good chopped steak is well done grilled onions.  

Then you take your mashed taters and plop them on top of the steak and onions, then pour the gravy over the lump of greatness.  

Gravy, taters, onions and delicious cow in every bite.   

Then you use your roll roll to slop up the remnants when finished 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

doesnt matter now since its off the air, but i cannot stand jon stewart's brand of satire on his CC show.  john oliver...funny enough.  colbert...funny enough.  stewart... annoying

That's a weird opinion since Colbert and Oliver both came up through The Daily Show and all three of them employ similar brands of satire. You certainly can't question Stewart's eye for talent. 

Then you take your mashed taters and plop them on top of the steak and onions, then pour the gravy over the lump of greatness.  

This guy fucks

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Sop, sop up the remnants....that's the preferred nomenclature. 

Slop up is what happens when the remnants fall off the roll onto my shirt while sipping up.

2 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Sop, sop up the remnants....that's the preferred nomenclature. 

Slop up is what happens when the remnants fall off the roll onto my shirt while sipping up.

Yeah I know.   I saw that after it was too late to edit.   I also double roll rolled 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

milk chocolate (not chocolate milk) is bad, and if you like it you should feel bad

Milk chocolate serves the purpose of letting the unwashed masses have chocolate while not actually eating much chocolate, so there’s more to go around of the good chocolate

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I hope you're not counting white chocolate too - that shit is soapy garbage. 

The one good thing you can say about white chocolate is that if it is in the mix with a bunch of other chocolates, someone will take the white chocolate, leaving more of the good stuff for the rest of us.

But that's all I got.

13 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The one good thing you can say about white chocolate is that if it is in the mix with a bunch of other chocolates, someone will take the white chocolate, leaving more of the good stuff for the rest of us.

But that's all I got.

I have to go with the dark always (no racist).

It also has some health benefits.....supposedly.

I don’t care if every waiter I have calls me a dirty wetback & says that my mom is a whore. Just get my correct food to me on time and I’ll be a happy man. I’ve never understood people that care so much about the attitude/friendliness/sociability of waiters & waitresses. I’m there to eat food, not make a best friend. 

• Like 1

I don’t care if every waiter I have calls me a dirty wetback & says that my mom is a whore. Just get my correct food to me on time and I’ll be a happy man. I’ve never understood people that care so much about the attitude/friendliness/sociability of waiters & waitresses. I’m there to eat food, not make a best friend. 
Also, I don't need any small talk and don't need my water refilled after every 3 sips.