2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

7 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

35 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I thought that was posted here this afternoon.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If it was, I missed it. Went back a few hours on here and didn’t see it.

It's in the article above.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

I just want to add that Lubbock is nicer than Alamogordo.

All of New Mexico is a fucking shit hole. Scenery be damned. While Lubbock may very well be the armpit of Texas, I would much rather be there than Alamogordo, Tucumcari, Truth or Consequences or even marginally better Las Cruces and Santa Fe (fuck Santa Fe, full of uppity retired rich fucks that relocated there after retirement, and want to be New Mexican).

• Like 1

Scanning Headlines.... Just Saw this 😂😂😂

Kirk Bohls  American-Statesman Staff

January 8th, 2020

Bohls: Roschon Johnson should stay at running back; Texas should keep assistant Craig Naivar

And then...  

Brian Davis  American-Statesman Staff

January 8th, 2020

Davis: Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar, interim coordinator for Alamo win, will not be retained

Edited by LTtxfan

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I think a lot of what UNC got busted for was bullshit online classes, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Mack pushed for the 90s precursor version, whatever that might be.  Shortly after Mack arrived and started winning at Texas is when “Youth and Community Studies” became a thing and coincidentally most of our football and basketball players started majoring in it.  

I’m glad we at least didn’t push that further to outright fraud, but it seems clear Mack wanted more accommodating athlete majors than what we already had, and he got it.

The Sports Illustrated article on the Fred Akers firing made it clear that a big factor in his downfall was that Texas wasn’t playing the bullshit majors-for-athletes game like most other schools. Michigan was one school they mentioned by name that had ultra-easy majors for athletes. 

2 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

I know there are more proven guys out there, but I am not totally against the idea of hiring George to coach LBs.  

We could do a whole lot worse. Having a guy who could suit up and instantly be our best linebacker is an interesting concept.

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

The 'psychelics coach' with drug-fueled career advice

Following the popularity of 'microdosing' psychedelics to improve productivity, some are turning to these substances for career clarity.

Paul Austin and Matt Gillespie are trying to retrace their steps along a path shrouded by redwood trees.

All things considered, the conditions for being lost in the forest are pretty ideal: there’s still about an hour of daylight left, and the weather is unusually pleasant for December in Oakland, California.

Plus, the two 29-year-olds are in noticeably good spirits. Austin, a psychedelics coach, feels confident his guidance helped his client, Gillespie, make some real progress today. And Gillespie, brushing his palm across a tree as he takes another muddy step forward, seems all but concerned about the unplanned detour.

“How often do you let yourself get lost?” he asks. It’s tough to tell if Gillespie is really that enchanted by the redwoods around him – or if he’s still feeling the dose of psychedelic drugs he took a few hours back...

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200106-can-drugs-help-you-choose-a-new-career

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

All of New Mexico is a fucking shit hole. Scenery be damned. While Lubbock may very well be the armpit of Texas, I would much rather be there than Alamogordo, Tucumcari, Truth or Consequences or even marginally better Las Cruces and Santa Fe (fuck Santa Fe, full of uppity retired rich fucks that relocated there after retirement, and want to be New Mexican).

TIL there’s a city called Truth or Consequences, NM. 

What the fuck?

only 2 good things have come out of New Mexico - green chilies and Colt McCoy

You sound like you would fit in well in either Cuba, NM or Farmington, NM.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This is going to be a really big next four days. I can feel it.

If all roles aren't filled by Monday, I'm sending in a strongly worded letter. If they're not filled by Wednesday, I plan on taking my fury out on SydneyCarton with a thorough beating about the head and shoulders. If they're not filled by Friday, I am driving to Austin with Sydney's body in the trunk and then catapulting his limp, decomposing, lifeless body over the walls of Belmont as an opening salvo for a "fans vs the man" all out war. 

With the dead period set to end on the 17th it would make a ton of sense to get these hires done by the end of the weekend.  If we don't there's a major problem.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is going to be a really big next four days. I can feel it.

If all roles aren't filled by Monday, I'm sending in a strongly worded letter. If they're not filled by Wednesday, I plan on taking my fury out on SydneyCarton with a thorough beating about the head and shoulders. If they're not filled by Friday, I am driving to Austin with Sydney's body in the trunk and then catapulting his limp, decomposing, lifeless body over the walls of Belmont as an opening salvo for a "fans vs the man" all out war. 

i'll help pay for gas if plan C occurs.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

At least he's being pursued for a promotion.  No clue if this would impact Bijan, but hopefully he'd view it as a positive for Texas/Drayton.  Hopefully TH has a contingency plan in place and that position coach along with Yurcich are in Tucson the day the dead period ends.  Not that any of these position coach hires would reinforce there's a plan and we're going to act swiftly.