Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, CTC2 said:

If you have UM committed to come you sure do fire Herman.  He is just too much trouble.  Flipping off LHN, running on field to fight Gundy, whatever that was that he did at the Mizzu bowl game, his wife on twitter, his personal life, the list goes on and on.  And that's just the things we know about.

Let's be real, if he was a good coach and just won 10+ games every year all of this wouldn't matter one bit.

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The best part of it is where he takes the blame and apologizing for failing them.  You know Mensa won't do that.

Yep, you just know that Augie put more blame on himself than the players because he knew it was up to him to pull the right levers, push the right buttons, and put a boot up asses where needed. 

The closest mensa could do would be some whiny, passive aggressive, sarcastic bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Seriously that's just dumb. Say what you will about his coaching and general attitude about things but no need to bring her into it. She obviously has her husband's back, wow what a huge surprise.
I'm also not sure any of it should reflect on her, anyway. If my boss makes his wife too much a part of our work, I'm pissed at my boss, not his wife. He's the one managing his responsibilities poorly.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, futureman said:

it’ll probably be on signing day, I imagine. 

The irony is the only way Futureman can be right on the Brocks is if he’s wrong on Urban because the only way the Brocks possibly change their mind is if Urban comes to Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
30 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
Seriously that's just dumb. Say what you will about his coaching and general attitude about things but no need to bring her into it. She obviously has her husband's back, wow what a huge surprise.

I'm also not sure any of it should reflect on her, anyway. If my boss makes his wife too much a part of our work, I'm pissed at my boss, not his wife. He's the one managing his responsibilities poorly.

So we should blame John, not Yoko.

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

The irony is the only way Futureman can be right on the Brocks is if he’s wrong on Urban because the only way the Brocks possibly change their mind is if Urban comes to Texas.  

oh no.. the Brocks have seen the light during this epic run we are on :/

22 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
50 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has there been discussion of Ehlinger maybe coming back if we get Urban? The team has a lot of talent and could go a long way with a top coach. I wonder if Sam would consider sticking around to be part of returning Texas to the elite.

Please spare me the "he ain't staying and passing up millions." That's an obvious consideration. Some top flight college QBs have waited a year and include Peyton Manning and Matt Leinart. I think Vince only left because he thought Houston would draft him.

So there is a chance. I'm not predicting shit. I'm just wondering if there are any clues or good analyses.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Has there been discussion of Ehlinger maybe coming back if we get Urban? The team has a lot of talent and could go a long way with a top coach. I wonder if Sam would consider sticking around to be part of returning Texas to the elite.

Please spare me the "he ain't staying and passing up millions." That's an obvious consideration. Some top flight college QBs have waited a year and include Peyton Manning and Matt Leinart. I think Vince only left because he thought Houston would draft him.

So there is a chance. I'm not predicting shit. I'm just wondering if there are any clues or good analyses.

i would think it would be best for him, his body and the team if this was his last season at Texas.  He's a tough guy, and let's be honest..right now the OL doesn't seem like it will be that much better heading into '21.  If you're going to get banged up..get paid for it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

I have a friend close to Sam, and while this topic hasn't been discussed, I do know that Sam is very open about his hate for Tom. If it wasn't for his love of Texas he would have probably left already.

Based on that, I have to think that there is a chance he could return if Urban comes in. Especially if this season doesn't end in a win over OU.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thepop said:

Based on that, I have to think that there is a chance he could return if Urban comes in. Especially if this season doesn't end in a win over OU.

if he comes back he can back up jaquinden.  would be great to solidify the backup job like that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

i would think it would be best for him, his body and the team if this was his last season at Texas.  He's a tough guy, and let's be honest..right now the OL doesn't seem like it will be that much better heading into '21.  If you're going to get banged up..get paid for it.  

No hating on Sam but I think it would be best to move onto Jackson or Card. Their upside is so much higher. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

Agreed. Also, Sam ain’t coming back, it has already been announced that he is playing in the Senior Bowl. He’s been a great leader, and voice of the team, but it is probably best for all involved if he moves on.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

you could just say channeling truth, fuckstick.  jaquinden jackson is starting next year, whether sam comes back or not. 

Recovering from a knee injury, shitty S&C program, needing the most coaching (our QB coaching blows) of all our QB’s currently but he’s the starter next year. It’s incredible how god damn stupid you can be while being the most judgmental prick on surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Recovering from a knee injury, shitty S&C program, needing the most coaching (our QB coaching blows) of all our QB’s currently but he’s the starter next year. It’s incredible how god damn stupid you can be while being the most judgmental prick on surly. 

it’s so nice to know it doesn’t bother you. 

1 hour ago, thepop said:

I have a friend close to Sam, and while this topic hasn't been discussed, I do know that Sam is very open about his hate for Tom. If it wasn't for his love of Texas he would have probably left already.

I want to believe this, I really do.  But if it really were true, Elingher should be telling this to CDC.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

A non-guaranteed 5th or 6th round contract is really worth leaving an extra year of eligibility for?
He’s done nothing but hurt his draft stock this year without Duv catching everything thrown in the same zip code. He’s hurt no doubt. But he’s not making NFL throws on Saturdays. He misses a lot of deep balls and his touch is lacking.

Playing for Urban could catapult him in the draft IMO.

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

alright, here's the banner we need to fly:

"BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS ANOTHER TOP RECRUIT WILL HAVE LEFT TEXAS"

“And hopefully by the time you read this a second time, someone will have their hand so deep in @futureman that they can make him talk like a puppet” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic