Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't see why it's necessary to villify a person that you want to see fired for good reason. For some, this seems to be more an excuse for vitriol than anything like an actual discussion. I don't see why it needs to spill from the Fire Tom Herman thread into any other possible venue. 

I was happy about the Herman hire. After beating Georgia, I thought we just might be where we wanted to be. But no, it's shitfights every week and failure too often. I want to move on. I'll even get behind Meyer. I don't hate Tom Herman.

Holier than thou? Maybe, but it doesn't feel like I'm clearing a very high bar to achieve holiness. 

To be clear: Fire Tom Herman. If Urban is available, I don't care if we win the conference. Herman is not the guy.

Because Tom Herman is a fucking asshole and an excuse maker. His attitude is why people can’t stand him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't see why it's necessary to villify a person that you want to see fired for good reason. For some, this seems to be more an excuse for vitriol than anything like an actual discussion. I don't see why it needs to spill from the Fire Tom Herman thread into any other possible venue. 

I was happy about the Herman hire. After beating Georgia, I thought we just might be where we wanted to be. But no, it's shitfights every week and failure too often. I want to move on. I'll even get behind Meyer. I don't hate Tom Herman.

Holier than thou? Maybe, but it doesn't feel like I'm clearing a very high bar to achieve holiness. 

To be clear: Fire Tom Herman. If Urban is available, I don't care if we win the conference. Herman is not the guy.

Agreed. The personal attacks towards Herman look like nothing more than emotional outbursts from an angry mob. And I too am all for bringing in Urban.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's not necessary to villify [SIC]  a person. But it's Surly, so it's all in fun. And it's Herman, so it's even more fun to poke at the wounded guy who's spent the last four years making sure everyone knows he's the smartest guy in the room and his apparent "failures" are due to bad luck and sabotage from the stupid fans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Agreed. The personal attacks towards Herman look like nothing more than emotional outbursts from an angry mob. And I too am all for bringing in Urban.

“It was kind of Lennie with the rabbit and with George, right; that Lennie wanted so badly to touch the rabbit and play with the rabbit, and he squeezed it so hard, he killed the rabbit,” Herman said. “To me, I know that seems maybe out there a little bit, but I think that’s what the first quarter was. We wanted it so badly that we got in our own way quite a bit, and that’s correctable.”

Quotes like this are stupid as fuck for a head coach. Getting this reference wrong while trying to sound like a genius at a football press conference is even worse. Don’t talk down to me while you don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about. 

Fuck Tom Herman

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, TXpride said:

There’s a lot of context to the anger though. He started with the culture angle making kids eat fucked up food for not winning practices. 4 years later and that culture hasn’t amounted to any sustained success. He constantly mettles with the OC he claims has complete control of the offense. Our special teams is awful. Recruiting is a dumpster fire (legacy parents/kids hate herman). Our game planning is all over the place and the in game adjustments follow the same logic. Then you add in the Missouri side line show, the double birds caught on camera, mentioning searching fans message boards for game planning while blaming those same type of boards for tanking recruiting, and his arrogance towards any type of criticism at all. That shit added together turns into vitriol man. If only half of those things were happening then it would be us over reacting I think. That’s just my two cents though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He constantly mettles with the OC he claims has complete control of the offense.

he mettles with it?  I think you penultimately lack a basic understanding of the english language. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

There’s a lot of context to the anger though. He started with the culture angle making kids eat fucked up food for not winning practices. 4 years later and that culture hasn’t amounted to any sustained success. He constantly mettles with the OC he claims has complete control of the offense. Our special teams is awful. Recruiting is a dumpster fire (legacy parents/kids hate herman). Our game planning is all over the place and the in game adjustments follow the same logic. Then you add in the Missouri side line show, the double birds caught on camera, mentioning searching fans message boards for game planning while blaming those same type of boards for tanking recruiting, and his arrogance towards any type of criticism at all. That shit added together turns into vitriol man. If only half of those things were happening then it would be us over reacting I think. That’s just my two cents though. 

Fair points, I just don't feel that much vitriol. Most coaches are assholes, and pretty much all of them get defensive when criticized. The first part of your post is all I really care about. I do think the culture has improved since we don't get blown out like we did under Charlie/late Mack, but the overall product on the field has obviously been a disappointment.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, futureman said:

he mettles with it?  I think you penultimately lack a basic understanding of the english language. 

Oh for fucks sake, I spelled it wrong. “Meddles”. You’re a fucking beating lol. All I can hope is that you know why people put you on ignore but do inbred regarded people have any self awareness? Nah probably not. Keep being you man, cockroaches and flys have a role on earth too. Lol 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Oh for fucks sake, I spelled it wrong. “Meddles”. You’re a fucking beating lol. All I can hope is that you know why people put you on ignore but do inbred regarded people have any self awareness? Nah probably not. Keep being you man, cockroaches and flys have a role on earth too. Lol 

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5441939

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Stop quoting him, asshole.  I’m gonna start negging people that quote him.

Put him on ignore people!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Serious question bc I’ve never done a drug in my life so I don’t know- do you get high if you put coke in your butthole or vag? 

I have treated patients who have tried using those orifices to get high off of various substances including cocaine. Last I heard it's called "plugging." I don't have firsthand experience. You might ask futureman though.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

I have treated patients who have tried using those orifices to get high off of various substances including cocaine. Last I heard it's called "plugging." I don't have firsthand experience. You might ask futureman though.

If it is through the vag the medical term is IV. If it is through multiple orifices, I only know the soccer term: Arsenal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Serious question bc I’ve never done a drug in my life so I don’t know- do you get high if you put coke in your butthole or vag? 

Eye surgeons at one time used a cocaine cocktail for some smaller outpatient surgeries. Yes, you feel the high seconds after it hits your eyeball.

You don’t get stoned mind you, but if you are in the emergency room at 4am you will suddenly feel like going out to do a little shopping.

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

oh hell yeah it definitely works.  whether it’s acid, molly, everclear soaked tampon, whatever.  you put that shit up your ass and you will feel it. 

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe a little. Probably about as high as you would just gumming it or eating it.

The simplest explanation for not liking Herman? He has me conflicted emotionally when his fake punt nonsense doesn’t work. I mean I always want Texas to win, but when it’s gross like this, the “what ifs” flow and I have strange feelings of happiness as boneheaded failures occur that are hard to understand.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic