Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

The program has fallen so far that internet posters are pretending to know big donors instead of pretending to be big donors. Don't want people to think they're even partially personally responsible for the mess. 

Don’t lump me in with that regard. My source isn’t a bmd.

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Pretty sure I’ve never read anything futureman has been right about...it’s kind of his schtick 

I’m right about urban.  and people are understandably angry.  hell, I’m angry, too.  I want him here.  but he’s not coming to austin.  I can take everyone’s hatred because I know I stand for truth, and the phony pussies like @Dbeasy come in here and spew lies to get people's hopes up, and for what?  a few upvotes?  it’s sad and embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

1) Anyone that doesn’t have futureman on ignore is missing out. I’ve never once missed that idiot’s voluminous insipidity.  

2) Once they realized they weren’t ready to fire Herman after the OU loss due to his camp’s insistence about still making the CCG, nothing could or would ever be firm or meaningful until that possibility was ruled out. 

3) Well, today happened. Now we’re going to find out what is real and what is bullshit. The mere buzz that Meyer’s camp is posturing about not returning to coaching should be an obvious sign that things are getting real. It’s not going to be cheap, so we’ll see if they have the stomach. I wouldn’t read too much into anything from anywhere until public statements are made by parties involved. 

4) I’ve always maintained that the odds of getting Meyer were low. I still see it that way. Texas will try its best to fuck this up and we probably will. 

Why are the odds of getting Meyer low?  Is he not really convinced he wants to come back? Do you think we won't offer enough? Or are there other assurances he wants that our administration isn't willing to make? I have questions, hopefully you have answers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Anyone that doesn’t have futureman on ignore is missing out. I’ve never once missed that idiot’s voluminous insipidity.   Hard to do when every schleprock quotes him

2) Once they realized they weren’t ready to fire Herman after the OU loss due to his camp’s insistence about still making the CCG, nothing could or would ever be firm or meaningful until that possibility was ruled out. 

3) Well, today happened. Now we’re going to find out what is real and what is bullshit. The mere buzz that Meyer’s camp is posturing about not returning to coaching should be an obvious sign that things are getting real. It’s not going to be cheap, so we’ll see if they have the stomach. I wouldn’t read too much into anything from anywhere until public statements are made by parties involved.  I would like to believe

4) I’ve always maintained that the odds of getting Meyer were low. I still see it that way. Texas will try its best to fuck this up and we probably will. I think there's always unusual circumstances and do believe his health is probably a concern.  Could be a timing issue.  What I'd assume is Urbs ain't scared or worried about the pressure of being coach at UT.  This is iether posturing or Shelley and his kidssaid no

Responses in black.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Why are the odds of getting Meyer low?  Is he not really convinced he wants to come back? Do you think we won't offer enough? Or are there other assurances he wants that our administration isn't willing to make? I have questions, hopefully you have answers.

He has a brain tumor and a heart condition. Just ask UF and tOSU. Both conditions are intermittent depending on other influencing factors though.

1 minute ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

An acquaintance’s dad has a friend who is a BMD, box seats and all. Said we’re allegedly offering Meyer $25 million over 3 years with a $25 million budget for assistants. I don’t trust him but who knows.

Sounds pretty trust worthy

he doesn’t.  he just makes shit up, always has. 

CTJ has on multiple occasions posted events regarding recruiting and other football related actions well in advance of their public announcement. You, by comparison, like to post on the Urban thread about fisting yourself and haven’t provided one post of value whatsoever. I wonder who has more credibility.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

CTJ has on multiple occasions posted events regarding recruiting and other football related actions well in advance of their public announcement. You, by comparison, like to post on the Urban thread about fisting yourself and haven’t provided one post of value whatsoever. I wonder who has more credibility.

he also said he was fast and then his buddy posted a pic of him and he’s a short, fat pussy.  he’s always been full of shit.  

11 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

An acquaintance’s dad has a friend who is a BMD, box seats and all. Said we’re allegedly offering Meyer $25 million over 3 years with a $25 million budget for assistants. I don’t trust him but who knows.

Not even close to being correct

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/25/2020 at 6:45 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

But... He doesn't fuck friends wives. He just does blow off of strippers brown eye and gets belligerent. 

Who really knows who or what he fucks. Looks like he would be a swinger , but I do know he fucked Texas/ BMDs  out of some serious cash.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t have any answers that you should trust. There’s allegedly an ongoing back and forth and that’s been the case for a while. It’s gone from hypothetical to real now and that means people are going to have to actually get to the bottom of what they really want and believe. 

Beyond that, my biases are straightforward regarding what I believe and how that impacts my posts and positions. Large organizations have a pathological need to fuck things up, driven by self interests associated to those in some fiefdom of control or those with egos who put their personal glory above the greater good. UT is exemplary of this on every level. 

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Responses in black.

Agreed on futureman quoting. 

Meyer isn’t even vaguely concerned about the stresses of coaching at Texas. His family is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If it is Fickell, I won't be too upset. Isn't he an Urban disciple and can recruit?

Isn't Fickell as much of a Jim Tressell disciple than Urban?

1 hour ago, futureman said:

he wouldn’t.  he’s not leaving clemson for anyone other than bama.  grow up. 

Not even for Bama. He's going to end his career at Clemson.

9 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Wait @futureman lives in HP?  Dude, we’re neighbors.  We should hang out.

Pretty sure he's from HP but now lives in Austin.

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

When you're already financially set 4 life/generations, this would weigh heavy.

can we just name him Head Coach Emeritus and Grand Poobah - Recruiting Co-ordinator?  He can win this conference with other folks doing all  the pressure filled game day stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dilloncp98 said:

Take it fwiw, but the only BMD I have the slightest connection to doesn’t want Urban because he believes he’s a scumbag. The dude was also calling for CDC’s job after OU so I assume he’s an OB guy. I don’t know his stance as of now.

how do stupid people end up with so much money?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dilloncp98 said:

Take it fwiw, but the only BMD I have the slightest connection to doesn’t want Urban because he believes he’s a scumbag. The dude was also calling for CDC’s job after OU so I assume he’s an OB guy. I don’t know his stance as of now.

Just to be clear Urban Meyer is a scum bag and will run a shady football factory like OSU and Alabama.  If we win everyone will turn a blind eye to that but if we lose it will just make things that much lower.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Nahlin has made it clear that if Urban doesn’t come its not Texas’ fault. Everyone is on the same page. Bmd-president-AD. Urban or bust. And it’s a known fact urban wants to coach again. If he doesn’t come it’s not because Texas, it’s because mrs. Meyer.

We will see if it’s true.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic