Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, futureman said:

lulz. no, you don’t. 

Oh my gosh, the guy who wants to fist himself and thinks his trolls are humorous, but in reality are so lame that posters just put him on ignore, is now making up a big donor relationshp for all of us to believe.  Sure dude, we believe you.

• Hook 'Em 2

Don't worry guys, the next coach will turn the culture around, make us more physical on both lines, really develop our skills players, and create the family bond that's been missing here. 

I know we've heard that for the past decade or so, but don't worry. It's really, really, super duper happening this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Oh my gosh, the guy who wants to fist himself and thinks his trolls are humorous, but in reality are so lame that posters just put him on ignore, is now making up a big donor relationshp for all of us to believe.  Sure dude, we believe you.

and you have “proof” lol.  you’re comical. 

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sorry dude but there is no way this is factual.  Either your big donor wasn't fully aware of what we going on, or you are completely full of it. 

Edit: actually there is one scenario where we could both have been right.  Urban is/was ready to come, the administration was moving in that direction with the support of key boosters, but there is a group of boosters nixing it.  

It's my opinion that both of you are full of shit and if you were going off of anything other than what your flavor of the month BMD decided to share with you then you wouldn't be posting it publicly on the fucking internet.

I don't know if Urban is coming here or not. It will not be for a lack of trying, and if he does not come here then I am guessing that means he is done with coaching for at least another good long while.

I am pretty fucking convinced, however, that Herman just lost his job today and that we will have someone else at the helm when we kick off in 2021. If that is not the case - then this program has officially gone past the point of no return and I will quit spending money on and wasting my time following the football team until CDC is sitting in a leather chair somewhere spending his final days hooked up to an IV of 100 proof bourbon.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, troph said:

No a bad / mediocre hire resets the 5 year clock to get someone worth a damn. Firing tom and hiring someone like him is our worst nightmare.

By firing Tom we'll be creating multiple timelines. As of now those mediocre hires only exist in the future so their possibility is not yet actualized so their potential still elevates our current reality of mired in shit. But since it is 2020 we'll probably still choose the darkest timeline.

By firing Tom we'll be creating multiple timelines. As of now those mediocre hires only exist in the future so their possibility is not yet actualized so their potential still elevates our current reality of mired in shit. But since it is 2020 we'll probably still choose the darkest timeline.

Possibilities yes. But if we hire mediocre up and comers and ignore the warning signs we are set back another 5 years. We can’t miss on this one, period.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Don't worry guys, the next coach will turn the culture around, make us more physical on both lines, really develop our skills players, and create the family bond that's been missing here. 

I know we've heard that for the past decade or so, but don't worry. It's really, really, super duper happening this time. 

The cake really is baked this time!

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Possibilities yes. But if we hire mediocre up and comers and ignore the warning signs we are set back another 5 years. We can’t miss on this one, period.

You miss on 100% of the shots you don't take so we've already failed. But if you are constantly shooting you exist in that unknown region where you've neither hit nor missed.

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

We are living the plot of Back to the Future 3.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's my opinion that both of you are full of shit and if you were going off of anything other than what your flavor of the month BMD decided to share with you then you wouldn't be posting it publicly on the fucking internet.

I don't know if Urban is coming here or not. It will not be for a lack of trying, and if he does not come here then I am guessing that means he is done with coaching for at least another good long while.

I am pretty fucking convinced, however, that Herman just lost his job today and that we will have someone else at the helm when we kick off in 2021. If that is not the case - then this program has officially gone past the point of no return and I will quit spending money on and wasting my time following the football team until CDC is sitting in a leather chair somewhere spending his final days hooked up to an IV of 100 proof bourbon.

But how much meat is on the line?

• Haha 1

You miss on 100% of the shots you don't take so we've already failed. But if you are constantly shooting you exist in that unknown region where you've neither hit nor missed.

You’re missing the point. A haphazard choice isn’t the same as a 12 foot jump shot in a basketball game. We cannot fuck this up. If we do it will be 15 years of mediocrity. 15 years.

Both sides of the line are serviceable. DL is the best we've had in several years. If we'd played press man today we would have defensively smothered an unathletic offense. Louisiana Lafayette smothered that offense with man coverage.

If Sam had been coached to take a couple more check downs our offense would have picked up a game winning 1st down. Maybe let Joshua Moore run a slant? 

We were clearly the better team today and got out coached.

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, B00M said:

Both sides of the line are serviceable. DL is the best we've had in several years. If we'd played press man today we would have defensively smothered an unathletic offense. Louisiana Lafayette smothered that offense with man coverage.

If Sam had been coached to take a couple more check downs our offense would have picked up a game winning 1st down. Maybe let Joshua Moore run a slant? 

We were clearly the better team today and got out coached.

The OL has been letting three-man rushes pressure/sack the QB every game since Tech. If you think they're serviceable I have a bridge to sell you.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, troph said:

You’re missing the point. A haphazard choice isn’t the same as a 12 foot jump shot in a basketball game. We cannot fuck this up. If we do it will be 15 years of mediocrity. 15 years.

It’s been 15 years already. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The OL has been letting three-man rushes pressure/sack the QB every game since Tech. If you think they're serviceable I have a bridge to sell you.

Aside from 2 games sam has not been pressured often or sacked often. I had a game by game breakdown in the Sam thread. Feel free to go read it. 

Iowa state had only 2 sacks today and 0 hurries. The last sack was on Sam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

preach, dude is a gay nttiawwt

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’d take Freeze if Meyer turns us down.  Freeze cheats like a motherfucker but wins everywhere he goes.  I’ll take the son of a bitch if we can’t get Meyer.  I don’t want anyone other than these two.  Unless there are other winning cheaters out there.  I want to cheat and skullfuck opponents.  I’m tired of being highfalluting goody two shoes Texas.  I want to be HATED!

Joey Freshwater 

Venables won’t leave his DC position to take another DC position.  However, he’s 49 years old, has been at Clemson since 2012, and knows it’s time to make the move to HC if that’s ever going to happen.  
Hmm. Might be an interesting choice. And might have a little extra desire to take it to the Sooners.

Outside of Urban, no one moves the needle much.

Can he bring great coaches? He will bring some credibility.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

actually my opinion is a combination of common sense and a long relationship with one of the biggest donors in the program.  he was never a realistic option  but his name got $9.95 more clicks.  that’s all it ever was.  sorry to everyone who wanted to believe. 

So who is your big donor saying will be the next coach?

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic