Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Guys, Meyer isn’t coming. He’s not going somewhere else either, for now.

Administration has to come up with another alternative. Ouch.

You can say definitive things like this if you want, but you don’t know shit just like the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You can say definitive things like this if you want, but you don’t know shit just like the rest of us.

I understand your skepticism but I have been pretty consistent for several weeks that he was in play, so to have to post that really sucked.

He’s apparently had a change of heart, unless this is all just a money negotiation. No one has a definitive view obviously but I’ve got extremely good visibility on this one.

Eric Nahlin

Per a very good source that was the end of the Herman era for all intents and purposes.

I do not know when the official call will be made and I won’t handicap Scenario 1 at this time.

If Urban Meyer does decide he wants the job, his Fox duties don’t end until 12-19.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I understand your skepticism but I have been pretty consistent for several weeks that he was in play, so to have to post that really sucked.

He’s apparently had a change of heart, unless this is all just a money negotiation. No one has a definitive view obviously but I’ve got extremely good visibility on this one.

Can’t we just get Urban by offering a few dozen extra million per year, offering his son-in-law a spot on the coaching staff, guaranteeing his son a scholarship spot on the football team, and selling Shelley Meyer on the fact that Texas is a no lockdown state? Is that too much to fucking ask for a championship winning coach? 

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If money negotiation, someone needs to clarify bazillions to him.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Idk why that would just come out now that is officially on the way out...guess we will see. Certainly could be posturing

You immediately hear he decides he doesn’t want to come as soon as it’s apparent that the job is officially open. Yea sounds like the beginning of negotiation to me.

I heard it before the game, but the timing is still a bit suspicious. However, I believe the information I heard. I hope to hell the info is wrong.

1 hour ago, troph said:

Up 4 could go up 7, nah, let’s go for it. Dumb.

That one has me more angry than the fake punt.  We only lost 15-20 yds of field position off of the fake punt.  We lost 3 points off the 4th and 1.  We also failed at converting a lot of those because we start 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  

all that to say, Tom Herman is a fucking idiot and he should burn whatever "binder" he refers to

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Guys, Meyer isn’t coming. He’s not going somewhere else either, for now.

Administration has to come up with another alternative. Ouch.

Edit: unless this is a leak to get more money out of Texas.

Any idea where we'd go if that's the case?

Via TFB:

I have to hedge a little because there can misdirection with these things but a source passed along the following regarding the possibility of Urban to Texas…

***Am told Urban is not currently looking for a coaching job.

***Source also said he does not believe it’s just a play for money.

This does line up with what I noted fairly recently about the Urban Meyer to Texas possibility diminishing.

I’ll continue to check on this. I have a pretty good additional source to Urban’s camp and I’m going to see what I can find out from said source this week.

I’ll also obviously be looking out for some other names – should Texas make a move.

A few weeks ago those names were Mario Cristobal and PJ Fleck. Don’t imagine that will remain though.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic