Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

None of you have any idea what you are talking about. I'm the only one here who knows what he is talking about, and even I don't know what I'm talking about.

Probably the first thing you've posted that I agree with.

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so can we order the fake MNC trophy with a blank date to hand to UM at the press conf. yet?  asking for a friend

What kind of sad, desparate, pathetic people would do something like that?

43 minutes ago, Ryno said:

He offers absolutely zero proof and has less Twitter interactions than rap game Larry. With that said, I’m absolutely sold.

Still more credible than Fistureman.

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

Finalized offer went out this afternoon. Dont know for how much and how long. Dude who told me was on a phone call where they discussed it. Up to Urban now but he has basically told us for over a month now he wants the job. Full "alignment" on our end. 

.....oh yah?

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

Finalized offer went out this afternoon. Dont know for how much and how long. Dude who told me was on a phone call where they discussed it. Up to Urban now but he has basically told us for over a month now he wants the job. Full "alignment" on our end. 

https://tenor.com/view/bustin-my-nut-explode-gif-14913716

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

just as I was about to start working again

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I thought that cant happen while Herman was still employed

8 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Yes. Just when we were losing steam

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I am impressed Mrs. Meyer can post this while house hunting.

Anyway while I certainly hope we get a giant hire like Urban Meyer, Tom Herman needs to go now. That is the most important thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I thought that cant happen while Herman was still employed

This comes up every time there is a coaching search. It is simply a bureaucratic formality thing that the new coach will not "officially" be the coach until the posting requirement is met. It will absolutely not stop anything from moving forward.

11 minutes ago, Caddox said:

For what it's worth, I heard mostly the same thing bolded above from a buddy who knows.

2 hours ago, austintiger said:

At this point I'm not sure your Athletic Department cares all that much about winning football games...as least not as much as making money. The only thing that will get their attention is for that to start to fade. Hopefully your boosters are making it clear if Tom comes back the money dries up. It's the only thing that'll matter.

the similarity to skeletor jones up the road insists on itself

19 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Full enchubened

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'll agree it's not that bad - but I still don't think it's some OMG moment.  I mean I'd still get a hard on if one of my favorite teams hired Jimmy Johnson but I'm an old MF.  UncleBuck is right - it would improve the current ranking.  But to think in the last couple weeks some mass chaos with recruits leaving their commitments all over seems like wishful thinking.  But I'll say it again - there will be no major talent issue...at least until he gets to the playoffs.  Still...just get him and everything will be fine.  Don't sweat the details of when.  Easy for me to say, of course.  I wish you all the worst. 

Jokes aside, I actually don't wish UT the worst.  Prob because a lot of my friends and family are tormented alums.  But I think it would be great for The Game to really mean a lot again.  LR isn't going to be scared of Urban.  It will be a great matchup imo.  

It is bad for the Big 12 and therefore OU for Texas to continue it's mediocrity.  The Big 12 may never recover from another shitty hire at Texas.  As much as you guys may like it, OU winning the conference 7 years in a row is not good for anyone in the Big 12. The lack of quality in the Big 12 is apparent every time you guys lose in the first round of the playoffs.

We are the only ones that can really change that and balance the power, but we prefer to stomp all over our own dick instead.

Tormented alums is right. I can't even talk football with my SEC buddies, it just pisses me off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, UncleBuck said:

We need to create "Insider Scoop" index/database/whatever. Any time anyone says something like "the final offer was sent today" etc..., we alert whoever is responsible for this "Insider Index" or whatever, and they enter the username and the"information provided." Then whenever they come on here next time with some type of scoop, we can access the index and see what they're batting. 

I am as solidly on board with you running this project as I am with a bunch of BMD's financing a huge buyout and hiring Urban Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

spacer.png

it is amazing how subject this board is to believing random ass people coming on here and making up a bunch of vague shit that their random "buddies" who were "on the call" told them but it somehow hasn't made it out to legitimate outlets.  i suppose that's what us being 2-7 against fucking tcu will do.  FUCK it has been a long, shitty decade.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

We need to create "Insider Scoop" index/database/whatever. Any time anyone says something like "the final offer was sent today" etc..., we alert whoever is responsible for this "Insider Index" or whatever, and they enter the username and the"information provided." Then whenever they come on here next time with some type of scoop, we can access the index and see what they're batting. 

Sounds like you just volunteered 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic