Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

spacer.png

it is amazing how subject this board is to believing random ass people coming on here and making up a bunch of vague shit that their random "buddies" who were "on the call" told them but it somehow hasn't made it out to legitimate outlets.  i suppose that's what us being 2-7 against fucking tcu will do.  FUCK it has been a long, shitty decade.  

desperation is a powerful emotion

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

This comes up every time there is a coaching search. It is simply a bureaucratic formality thing that the new coach will not "officially" be the coach until the posting requirement is met. It will absolutely not stop anything from moving forward.

Posting:

We're looking for a head football coach.

Requirements:

At least 3 national championships from two separate coaching institutions and more than 186 career wins.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stannis said:

For what it's worth, I heard mostly the same thing bolded above from a buddy who knows.

Was it Melisandre?  I'm on board with you and her birthing a shadow baby to remove all obstacles to hiring Meyer if that's what it takes. Herman, Shelly Meyer, CDC, a contrarian regent, or futureman's anus, I don't give a fuck who has to die, just get Urban to Austin. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

We need to create "Insider Scoop" index/database/whatever. Any time anyone says something like "the final offer was sent today" etc..., we alert whoever is responsible for this "Insider Index" or whatever, and they enter the username and the"information provided." Then whenever they come on here next time with some type of scoop, we can access the index and see what they're batting. 

@Machinator WE NEED YOU!!!!

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how did you rank Herman when it was announced that he was our new head coach four years ago?

My take was: "I think he's going to piss a lot of people off and I think he's going to win a lot of football games"

I'll take batting .500 there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sidis said:

spacer.png

it is amazing how subject this board is to believing random ass people coming on here and making up a bunch of vague shit that their random "buddies" who were "on the call" told them but it somehow hasn't made it out to legitimate outlets.  i suppose that's what us being 2-7 against fucking tcu will do.  FUCK it has been a long, shitty decade.  

Thank you, Simone.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
1 hour ago, TejasPedro said:
63660804.jpg
Price: $6,950,000 Property Type: Residential Property Style: Mediterranean Beds: 6 Baths: 8 Square Feet: 10,198 Garage: 4 Area of Town: RN Lot Size: 1.004 MLS #: 1252025

That looks familiar....

Huston Street ...

ETA: Beaten to the punch. But yeah, what does his house have to do with this. He selling it to Urby?

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how did you rank Herman when it was announced that he was our new head coach four years ago?

I thought we fucked up the first hire of an ex-Urban assistant.  No way we would screw it up again.

In all honesty, I was excited.  I was worried after watching UH play that year though.  There were some real boneheaded losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My insider who is in near constant telepathic contact with the lizard people tells me that the negotiations are really close. The money is agreed upon but the bedazzled capes that Meyer wants on the new uniforms is causing some pushback among the traditionalists. If everyone will Tweet CDC in support of the capes I think that will push it through.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ryno said:

It was posted on Twitter seconds before you posted it here. Spill the beans, Zach.

Full transparency, I’ve just been refreshing Twitter too much and not doing enough actual work. I am not pulling an @OnAComputer

Edited by Fug
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

My insider who is in near constant telepathic contact with the lizard people tells me that the negotiations are really close. The money is agreed upon but the bedazzled capes that Meyer wants on the new uniforms is causing some pushback among the traditionalists. If everyone will Tweet CDC in support of the capes I think that will push it through.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic