Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Not to derail, but this plane has my interest. Took a trip from St. Augustine, FL to Austin on Saturday before going over to Los Angeles later that day (specifically to Van Nuys, which is ~15 miles from Fox's studio/Hollywood and known as a go-to airport for celebrities and other discreet travelers). It's scheduled to fly back to Austin tonight. 

That plane is "blocked," meaning its tail number, owner, etc. are hidden from the public on FlightAware. It's a Dassault Falcon 900 though, which is a $3.5MM+ jet that isn't produced in Camry-like numbers -- the FAA registry shows there are roughly 45 of them registered to TX-based owners (number drops to about 25 total if you only include those in the "blocked" category).

Just cherry picking, but one of those blocked F900s is owned by Cardinal Capital Partners, a real estate PE shop in Dallas founded/led by a UT alumnus of the name Gil Besing. Another is owned by a company called Green Longhorn Air LLC. I'm sure some BMDs could probably be unearthed using the FAA registry and Google if one were so inclined. 

Now this is the shit @THUJONE is looking for!

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boarded the plane drunk as fuck, got into a batshit crazy screaming fight with each other, and the wife attempts to pull the door open at 35,000 feet, which had to be documented in some form for whatever reason. I'm happy to get as shitfaced with my wife on vacation as the next guy, but getting violent and nearly causing the demolition/wreck of some patron's $10+million property in the process? Yeah, you're dumber than a sack of hammers. 

She must have forgotten how plane pressurization works. Silly Goose.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have the clown you quoted on ignore, but will respond since he's still swinging from my nuts after all these years, it appears. I don't use socks. @immamac can happily violate my posting "privacy" and confirm as much, if such a thing is possible. I'm CTJ. What the fuck do I need a sock for?

I was a 2 on the Tom Herman excitedness scale. Having met and listened to him helped with that ranking immensely. I've been saying this from the beginning, but the guy is a fucking meathead. Where anyone got the notion that he was bright is beyond me. He's as dumb in real life as he appears on tv. 

Also, fun story about this asshole's obnoxious stupidity since The Hermancipation Is Nigh -- Fuckface and his wife took a booster's plane for a weekend to Mexico or some shit. Boarded the plane drunk as fuck, got into a batshit crazy screaming fight with each other, and the wife attempts to pull the door open at 35,000 feet, which had to be documented in some form for whatever reason. I'm happy to get as shitfaced with my wife on vacation as the next guy, but getting violent and nearly causing the demolition/wreck of some patron's $10+million property in the process? Yeah, you're dumber than a sack of hammers. 

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have the clown you quoted on ignore, but will respond since he's still swinging from my nuts after all these years, it appears. I don't use socks. @immamac can happily violate my posting "privacy" and confirm as much, if such a thing is possible. I'm CTJ. What the fuck do I need a sock for?

I was a 2 on the Tom Herman excitedness scale. Having met and listened to him helped with that ranking immensely. I've been saying this from the beginning, but the guy is a fucking meathead. Where anyone got the notion that he was bright is beyond me. He's as dumb in real life as he appears on tv. 

Also, fun story about this asshole's obnoxious stupidity since The Hermancipation Is Nigh -- Fuckface and his wife took a booster's plane for a weekend to Mexico or some shit. Boarded the plane drunk as fuck, got into a batshit crazy screaming fight with each other, and the wife attempts to pull the door open at 35,000 feet, which had to be documented in some form for whatever reason. I'm happy to get as shitfaced with my wife on vacation as the next guy, but getting violent and nearly causing the demolition/wreck of some patron's $10+million property in the process? Yeah, you're dumber than a sack of hammers. 

you know, we all just want to have a good time ...

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'd heard it was on the way to AZ but could be wrong about that detail

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how did you rank Herman when it was announced that he was our new head coach four years ago?

I gave it a Mackovic. Better than the predecessor, would win one big game per year, but didn't get the level one has to play to at Texas.

I hate being right.

1 hour ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Please don’t neg me for asking a dumb question, but what is the beef between Meyer and Herman?  Meyer really doesn’t like Herman? 

Lots of people who know Herman don't like him. Including Urban.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

not even close to CS.  this is revisionist history.  

No, I was among those who saw the similarities at the time. A rare moment of me being right. Dammit.

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It's also Tuesday

I never could get the hang of Tuesdays...

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Not to derail, but this plane has my interest. Took a trip from St. Augustine, FL to Austin on Saturday before going over to Los Angeles later that day (specifically to Van Nuys, which is ~15 miles from Fox's studio/Hollywood and known as a go-to airport for celebrities and other discreet travelers). It's scheduled to fly back to Austin tonight. 

That plane is "blocked," meaning its tail number, owner, etc. are hidden from the public on FlightAware. It's a Dassault Falcon 900 though, which is a $3.5MM+ jet that isn't produced in Camry-like numbers -- the FAA registry shows there are roughly 45 of them registered to TX-based owners (number drops to about 25 total if you only include those in the "blocked" category).

Just cherry picking, but one of those blocked F900s is owned by Cardinal Capital Partners, a real estate PE shop in Dallas founded/led by a UT alumnus of the name Gil Besing. Another is owned by a company called Green Longhorn Air LLC. I'm sure some BMDs could probably be unearthed using the FAA registry and Google if one were so inclined. 

Everyone take note, this is how you Flightaware.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is how you lower the buyout.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, Tom could’ve crashed and burned before he crashed and burned.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If only she had succeeded opening that door.

so close nbc 90th special GIF by NBC

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

u would be surprised how often this happens

kurt angle fought his boss vince mcmahon in a drunken rage

brock lesnar fought mr perfect on the same fight in the same drunken rage  

brock lesnar is one of the biggest humans on this planet & it took the entire plane to stop him from opening the door in the air 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You got any more stories you'd be willing to share about fuckface? People need to hear more on this side of that arrogant pos.

UT does business with Jet Linx. Doesn’t have to be a donor’s plane.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Oh, good. The incoming flight chatter has started. 

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

sorry-for-partying-oulk6h.jpg

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

If only she had succeeded opening that door.

so close nbc 90th special GIF by NBC

If she had opened the door, she would have  to have been able to defy the laws of physics. 

Do the math, 8 pounds of pressure per square inch pushing against the door.  That’s over half a ton per square foot. The door is at least 3x5. 15,000 lbs of force to open the door. By Tom Herman’s drunk wife? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

If she had opened the door, she would have  to have been able to defy the laws of physics. 

Do the math, 8 pounds of pressure per square inch pushing against the door.  That’s over half a ton per square foot. The door is at least 3x5. 15,000 lbs of force to open the door. By Tom Herman’s drunk wife? 

Is it true that you will never post here again if we hire Urban?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

below is stuff we have all said at some point or another.  But I do like seeing it nonetheless. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Texas-Urban-Meyer-needs-to-be-the-coach-Tom-Herman-Late-Kick-Chris-Del-Conte-Big-12-155704840/Amp/

The head coach Tom Herman has everything and then some to succeed. He hasn't gotten it done. I told you after the Oklahoma game, I was convinced that was it. If you need the results on the field, that was it. I still believe that now. They won at Oklahoma State, didn't really care. Iowa State, whether they won or lost Saturday, I didn't really care. A lot of you needed to see that loss. Now you've seen it. Texas isn't close, Texas is not getting any closer. I don't think under the current regime they are going to get any closer. You see your quarterback recruiting? You see a mass exodus of in state talent. I can make the argument, they're as close as they’ll ever be. I am a proponent of making a move out there. 

“You only make a move if you have a definitive better option already on the table, knowing you have a verbal agreement from. Do they have that? I believe they will have that. Big money will certainly be backing that. Remember it's very important...this was not a Chris Del Conte hire. Tom Herman was not his hire. That is pretty widely known. When they won the Sugar Bowl….Texas got fleeced by Herman's agent….After the Sugar Bowl, Herman and his representation wanted an extension. There's no reason to extend him, he's not going anywhere and yet they extended him just because when you print money, it's not a big deal. 

“Chris Del Conte was not on board with that at the time….so I believe all the factors are in play here. Urban Meyer is the number one candidate by ten miles. You ask and ask and ask until he can't say no to you. You make it happen. You do exactly what Alabama did with Nick Saban. Urban Meyer needs to be the coach at Texas.”

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Is it true that you will never post here again if we hire Urban?

I'll take silence as a "yes"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fug said:

Not sure if this is related but Zach usually knows what’s going on in the coaching world.

Thanks for the heads up.  Since  we are all gonna die tomorrow I’ve booked the next flight to Vegas, cash advanced $250k on the CCs, and bought a pound of coke. See you guys on the other side...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

George Flirt GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was told this same thing by someone who would know.

Edited by CTC2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic