Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Nicole44 said:

The whole Saban saga is so depressing. To have fucked that up is hard to get over. But Urban is only 57 and if he gives us his best shot he will have at least 1 more MNC before he turns 60. 

Looking at top coaches of all time, he needs a real dynasty to move into the top 10 of all time where he legitimately belongs.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

No, I was among those who saw the similarities at the time. A rare moment of me being right. Dammit.

they were both G5 and unproven as HC. We all saw that.   thats about it.  They are not similar in their record at all.  Charlie was the worst and its not particularly close.

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Exactly 

I remember around that time one of you assholes posted a picture of a “Thank You Mack” t-shirt.  And of course the first response from another one of you assholes was, “they spelled fuck you wrong”.

Never change shaggy/surly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Now we’re talkin. Just tell the tower that you’re ghost rider requesting a fly by. When they say negative, the pattern is full, ask them who’s down there. They’ll say the pattern is full with CUM and we will have the story that destroyed the internet.

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

It’s not ABIA main.  You need to go to the south terminal.  It’s by the giant furniture store.  5-6 different charter companies fly out of there.  No need for a telephoto lens, you can walk right the fuck into most of them.

The flight coming in is operated by Jet Linx, which appears to have a hangar south of the main terminal. Here's the Google Maps view - this what you're referring to?

I sure hope that plane picked up MM, BMD and Top Brass and a fucking leprechaun if need be and flew that plane out to LA to have dinner with UM Saturday. And that it’s coming back with one more passenger who wants to have a nice Texmex breakfast with his wife in Austin before the most exciting presser this university has ever seen. And I hope the leprechaun blows UM on stage and promises him a NC along with his $60 million in gold. Hell, I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would make a difference.  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If Nicole gets knocked up out of this deal, the kid better be named Lil' Urban.

He'll have a standout junior campaign and then declare too early and disappoint at the combine - eventually landing towards the bottom of a practice squad somewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The whole Saban saga is so depressing. To have fucked that up is hard to get over. But Urban is only 57 and if he gives us his best shot he will have at least 1 more MNC before he turns 60. 

I prefer to believe that Saban to Texas was a fable, otherwise I’d probably want to eat a bullet. Hopefully Meyer happens and provides some really fun and exciting years and a lasting base for the future.

2 minutes ago, 936horn said:

I we don't have boots on the ground at ABIA I can't even tell you how disappointed I will be. If I still lived within several hours of Austin I'd have gone myself.

I'm out driving uber right now. I'll see if I end up getting taken that way.

Just now, Newy25 said:

Has it been discussed already what Randolph Duke’s punishment will be if Texas hires Meyer? 

I think he will be in jail since he said he’d lead the charge to burn down campus and will piss in the ashes. Since he posted it here that’s premeditation. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m not going to get any sleep tonite. Lol. This is pretty much the most excited I have been about UT football in a decade. 

This is fun from the outside too - I keep coming back to this thread for updates and Covid dating advice. 😉 Last year we just walked down the hall for our new coach. FlightTracker sucked for that.

Hoping UT lands Urban... this place will be even more fun....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

I prefer to believe that Saban to Texas was a fable, otherwise I’d probably want to eat a bullet. Hopefully Meyer happens and provides some really fun and exciting years and a lasting base for the future.

Not to speed up your impending death or anything, but just going to leave this here and say skip to the 51:50 mark in the podcast. 

Where are the posters that kept insisting we are fucking idiots bc UM isn’t coming here? Where they go? 

I was one of them. At the time I felt Texas’ ability to fumble their own tits or step on their own dicks had enough historical precedent to warrant the statement that odds are Texas will fuck this up. Let’s be real. Shit ain’t over yet. I wrote that hoping to my gay fairy godmother to be more wrong about this than anything else in my life.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Are we going to have our band and a couple ROTC guys at the airport playing The Eyes when he comes off the plane?  
Wait, would that be racist...he may be a fan of minstrel show tunes???  Better get the Blank Trophy ready just in case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic