Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, INeedInfoRightNow said:

They went & hired Herman (pre CDC) when he was seen as the hot new head coach. They won a negotiation battle vs LSU to do so. Sure Herman has been a bust but still it was seen universally as a solid move at that point.

They're currently offering Urban Meyer 12 million a year. What else do you want CDC to do? Go take Meyer hostage & force him to coach here? They don't want to pay $25 million extra just to a Campbell type of HC. Sorry.

You're right about Herman. Fair point....I hope for your sake they can that idiot. I'd love to see urban in Austin. He'd wreck shit there.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It might help with a couple of legacies that didn't come here for the specific reason their family doesn't like Tom Herman.

That...is not why that cadre of bitches didn't come to Texas. Sure it might help and Tom Herman is one of the biggest cunts alive, but at the same time Clan Brock is more than culpable in that scenario for being thin skinned little pussies and Blake being a rock-headed fucking idiot with a gaping pussy. On the list of shit Tom Herman has fucked up at Texas, the Brockermeyers is not even cracking my top 20. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So what happens if he says no?

You can't keep Herman now in good faith as all this speculation and social media hounding of Meyer to Texas has completely lame ducked Herman. Any recruits know if he isn't going now he will be after next season pretty much no matter what. But there's no one else worth a shot to go after if Meyer says no, and definitely no one else worth paying the tens of millions to make Herman and his staff go away. 

By not coming out and saying they're 100 percent behind Herman and calling the social media stuff garbage the AD has put themselves in a horrible position where they've allowed social media to neuter their current coach without any backup plan worth a shit. Unless they feel like a Fickel or Campbell type hire is acceptable to pay all that buyout money and whole new contracts for a whole new staff. Which definitely doesn't seem like it would be to me.  

that's why you have to lie your ass off and be 100% behind the guy you have under contract publicly even if you aren't behind the scenes. I thought CDC was supposed to know this shit

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That...is not why that cadre of bitches didn't come to Texas. Sure it might help and Tom Herman is one of the biggest cunts alive, but at the same time Clan Brock is more than culpable in that scenario for being thin skinned little pussies and Blake being a rock-headed fucking idiot with a gaping pussy. On the list of shit Tom Herman has fucked up at Texas, the Brockermeyers is not even cracking my top 20. 

You don't think Meyer dropping into that living room this week wouldn't change things?  Because I do

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

You can't keep Herman now in good faith as all this speculation and social media hounding of Meyer to Texas has completely lame ducked Herman. Any recruits know if he isn't going now he will be after next season pretty much no matter what. But there's no one else worth a shot to go after if Meyer says no, and definitely no one else worth paying the tens of millions to make Herman and his staff go away. 

By not coming out and saying they're 100 percent behind Herman and calling the social media stuff garbage the AD has put themselves in a horrible position where they've allowed social media to neuter their current coach without any backup plan worth a shit. Unless they feel like a Fickel or Campbell type hire is acceptable to pay all that buyout money and whole new contracts for a whole new staff. Which definitely doesn't seem like it would be to me.  

that's why you have to lie your ass off and be 100% behind the guy you have under contract publicly even if you aren't behind the scenes. I thought CDC was supposed to know this shit

You’re just mad that you chose your username poorly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

It kicked off with someone posting Shelley Meyer responding to an OU fan on twitter who basically said "I'll hate to root against you guys now that you're going to UT" and Mrs. Meyer never refuted it and in fact said something like "We always respect you, Stoops is a friend". After that it's been a bunch of nothing.

That’s not true. We also talked about Tex mex. sheesh.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You don't think Meyer dropping into that living room this week wouldn't change things?  Because I do

I mean, my second sentence literally was "Sure it might help." But your initial premise was that Herman porked that recruitment up, and my point is that the Brocks fucked that shit up as much, nay more, than Herman did...Blake Brockermeyer shouldn't be allowed on campus after his fucking repeated tantrums. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Unless CDC knows that the fuck he's doing and is a best AD in the country (one of, at least), this would seem like a problem.  Maybe CDC is playing chess and we're all looking at a checker board.  Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

If CDC is really getting on the phone and telling recruits TH has job security, that is seriously problematic.

It’s embarrassing too. Like why even say that?! An AD should not be calling recruits. It’s ridiculous

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

But there's no one else worth a shot to go after if Meyer says no, and definitely no one else worth paying the tens of millions to make Herman and his staff go away. 

Bullshit.  There are dozens of coaches who could at worst quickly put us solidly behind OU at 2nd in the conference.  Not smackdab in the middle of the mass of also-ran mediocrity so that every  game is a 4th quarter or OT coinflip. 

From there if they can't get us over the top then we move on to the next one.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Unless CDC knows that the fuck he's doing and is a best AD in the country (one of, at least), this would seem like a problem.  Maybe CDC is playing chess and we're all looking at a checker board.  Time will tell.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-12-at-10.49.15-AM_d6

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bullshit.  There are dozens of coaches who could at worst put us solidly behind OU at 2nd in the conference.  Not smackdab in the middle of the mass of also-ran mediocrity so that every  game is a 4th quarter or OT coinflip.

That might be true, but you appear to have forgotten that THIS thread is the "Urban Meyer or Bust" thread...

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, my second sentence literally was "Sure it might help." But your initial premise was that Herman porked that recruitment up, and my point is that the Brocks fucked that shit up as much, nay more, than Herman did...Blake Brockermeyer shouldn't be allowed on campus after his fucking repeated tantrums. 

Seriously, how is that dude still with the program?

10 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

If CDC is really getting on the phone and telling recruits TH has job security, that is seriously problematic.

He's not calling anyone.  Maybe he gave herman PERMISSION to say that, but he's not going to follow through, and get on the phone

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Honestly if you have to fire Herman, go after a Joe Brady type. Try to find the next big thing, that said I doubt that happens and they probably just roll with Herman for another year.

• Fuck You 17

1 minute ago, INeedInfoRightNow said:

Honestly if you have to fire Herman, go after a Joe Brady type. Try to find the next big thing, that said I doubt that happens and they probably just roll with Herman for another year.

Like a Tom Herman in 2016. But without any head coaching experience.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic