Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman asked how he copes with all this: "How do I cope? Self-reflection. I lean on my wife and my family. They’re my biggest cheerleaders, and I love 'em to death. My wife is probably the most honest person in my life."

has she told you that you are getting fired, yet?

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Or maybe it could be that CDC is not going to make a move until he has a deal with a new coach wrapped up, or until the season is over.  Is that not at least a reasonable possibility?

Or am I wrong to inject logic into your pity party?  In that case, carry on...

Why does Herman need to be at this conference?  I would love Urban, but I will settle for anyone that isn't Tom.  This has been one of the biggest question marks of the entire season and has been talked about across the media.  It appears to have a very clear cut answer in regard to Herman's future as of Friday afternoon, yet we let this total fiasco occur today.  What is the national media going to do with this press conference?  What is our already fragile recruiting class going to think?

I like CDC overall, but the optics of this press conference today are very poor to say the least.  If he isn't responsible, let me know where to direct my blame.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

sweatergawd if CDD fucks this up and leaves this shitstain as the HC for Texas it will just be the ultimate signal that Texas has surrendered in terms of ever having an elite football program. Will be a move towards being Cal or Stanford. Maybe we could add a bunch of meaningless non-revenue sports and compete for that worthless directors cup each year.

Texas Fencing - feel it!!

Fuck this assclown of a HC. He is just so shitty.

But maybe CDC will get Smashmouth play Bevo Boulevard or whatever the fuck it is and everyone can go take selfies during the show and post about them on instagram which is what really matters where football is concerned!  Our athletic department is the collegiate equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys.  Being talked about and trappings external to sports are more important than winning.  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Tom Herman said believes he still has the support of AD Chris Del Conte. In addition, Del Conte offered to call recruits on Herman's behalf to reassure them of the coach's job security after the Iowa State loss.

Herman: "Right now, that wouldn't be fair to our players if I were continually looking in the rearview mirror as to why certain things happened the way that they happen rather than prepare to beat Kansas State, and that's what we plan on doing."

Herman asked why this team, with a senior QB and three top-10 recruiting classes, didn't work: "Any answer I give you right now is going to come across as an excuse."

spacer.png

It's not like I expected anything less. But it still hurts.

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is such a classically stupid Mike Finger take. Coaches are not usually fired midseason, even when the writing is on the wall. This isn't specific to Texas, and I'm sure each of those former coaches can wipe their tears away with the gobs and gobs of cash they received from UT on their way out the door. 

• Hook 'Em 9

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

So is the façade that this is just a kid from Dallas who has a cousin on the team still believed around here or did everyone finally realize it was just a ctj sock?

Asking for my glizzy.

Yeah, I suspect JW's cousin isn't nor does he want to be aware of these intracacies.  I suspect HFD is an orangebloods sock

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

Why does Herman need to be at this conference?  I would love Urban, but I will settle for anyone that isn't Tom.  This has been one of the biggest question marks of the entire season and has been talked about across the media.  It appears to have a very clear cut answer in regard to Herman's future as of Friday afternoon, yet we let this total fiasco occur today.  What is the national media going to do with this press conference?  What is our already fragile recruiting class going to think?

I like CDC overall, but the optics of this press conference today are very poor to say the least.  If he isn't responsible, let me know where to direct my blame.

From the moment that it is announced Herman is gone and/or a replacement has been hired, not a soul on the planet will think about this meaningless press conference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen Bitch said:

Today's "business as usual" PC just means there's no deal set in stone. How close or far off it is, who knows. But even if close, why cancel or not make Tom available if the deal should fall apart? 

Yep, seems like some people are overreacting with their jump-to-conclusions mats, based on predictable answers at a press conference we all knew was coming. LMAO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

But maybe CDC will get Smashmouth play Bevo Boulevard or whatever the fuck it is and everyone can go take selfies during the show and post about them on instagram which is what really matters where football is concerned!  Our athletic department is the collegiate equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys.  Being talked about and trappings external to sports are more important than winning.  

Stop It Chill Out GIF by Chicks on the Right

But seriously, this is the first time in years and 2 CFB coaching hires that Texas has an actually good AD in place...

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I have always assumed it's a combination of not knowing better and the whole misery loves company concept.

So, if 50% is a virtual lock to you, then betting on Red at a roulette wheel is nearly a virtual lock.  But so is betting on Black, right?  How can you have two nearly virtual locks on the same bet?

I guess I was trying to say that I think Herman is a lock to come back, even though the odds have it as a toss up. 

4 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

This is such a classically stupid Mike Finger take. Coaches are not usually fired midseason, even when the writing is on the wall. This isn't specific to Texas, and I'm sure each of those former coaches can wipe their tears away with the gobs and gobs of cash they received from UT on their way out the door. 

This isn't mid-season.  Our season is over aside from a scrimmage against KSU and possibly KU that nobody will give a shit about.  The entire focus is on who our coach next year is.  

It shouldn't be Tom Herman under any circumstance.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jinx said:

This isn't mid-season.  Our season is over aside from a scrimmage against KSU and possibly KU that nobody will give a shit about.  The entire focus is on who our coach next year is.  

It shouldn't be Tom Herman under any circumstance.

I agree.  But whether that is true or not, retaining a coach until the end of the year even when his fate is sealed is not specific to Texas, which is what Finger implied in his very on brand negative tweet.    

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Mrs Meyer says she likes tex-mex: OMG EVERYTHING IS AMAZING ITS HAPPENNINGGGGGGGG

Tom Herman participates in a routine press conference: OMG WE ARE DOOOOMEEDDDDDD

The amount of people melting down over a meaningless press conference is truly impressive. It actually surprises me, even though it shouldn't at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Are you willing to spend $20M+ to change out the football staff before having a slam-dunk replacement in the bag? I’m not sure I’m there yet. For Urban? Fuck yeah, I am. But firing Herman and his staff, then striking out on Urban and having go to Plan B is not quite where I’m at right now.

The nice thing is we are going to know within days if Urban is accepting the offer. He wants as long of a run-up to the 12/19 ESD.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Welp...I guess I can get some work done now.  Herman presser pretty much guarantees nothing happening until at least after Saturday.
giphy.gif

I think we’ll know on Urban before then. If he says yes, an announcement on Herman will likely be made post-haste. If he says no, CDC goes to Plan B and all bets are off IMO.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

The amount of people melting down over a meaningless press conference is truly impressive. It actually surprises me, even though it shouldn't at this point.

This. Could it be more obvious from Herman’s question-dodging that he knows he’s gone? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Are you willing to spend $20M+ to change out the football staff before having a slam-dunk replacement in the bag? I’m not sure I’m there yet. For Urban? Fuck yeah, I am. But firing Herman and his staff, then striking out on Urban and having go to Plan B is not quite where I’m at right now.

1kxup2.jpg

The nice thing is we are going to know within days if Urban is accepting the offer. He wants as long of a run-up to the 12/19 ESD.

Don't think we'll know until after Saturday.

14 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Surprised Finger pulled his nose out of Pop's asshole long enough to have any insight about what's going on in Austin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

I thought they all died from covid.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So basically, we are keeping Herman after Urban blows us off.  Great!  I can feel the waves of apathy taking over!

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Agreed, while our 2021 class is not "great" it's still a top 20 class right now.  Having Herman and staff in place until his replacement is made is only way it stays a top 20 class.

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Mrs Meyer says she likes tex-mex: OMG EVERYTHING IS AMAZING ITS HAPPENNINGGGGGGGG

Tom Herman participates in a routine press conference: OMG WE ARE DOOOOMEEDDDDDD

If signing day wasn't like 2 weeks away, I don't think anyone would be freaked out. But the potential new coach effect on the recruiting class will be more than halved after NSD 1.  The clock is seriously fucking ticking... 

Tom being A) Disappointed on a Monday and B) Looking forward to an opportunity to be 1-0 from here ......are more predictable than death and taxes in 2020.

Hell, Herman's been the only consistent thing this entire shit show of a year.

Edited by Reagan1k

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic