Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Bunch of sandy vaginas in here.  What else is Herman supposed to say?  He knows his time is up and he's waiting for his replacement to be inked, he'll be fired before NSD1.

I think they are saying Herman shouldn't even be at this press conference. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Bunch of sandy vaginas in here.  What else is Herman supposed to say?  He knows his time is up and he's waiting for his replacement to be inked, he'll be fired before NSD1.

I think it's the fact that he's having a presser at all is the issue... not what he's saying.  He should be gone already.  

• Like 1

Herman on if they'll consider playing Hudson Card or Casey Thompson this Saturday: "This is Sam (Ehlinger)'s team. He's a three-year captain. He deserves to play his final season all the way through. We're going to give him every opportunity to do that."

Tom Herman said this season hasn't met his standard. Talked about the close losses and said they have to get over that hump

Just now, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman on if they'll consider playing Hudson Card or Casey Thompson this Saturday: "This is Sam (Ehlinger)'s team. He's a three-year captain. He deserves to play his final season all the way through. We're going to give him every opportunity to do that."

Tom Herman said this season hasn't met his standard. Talked about the close losses and said they have to get over that hump

Sam is Tom's security blanket to dig him out of the close game, turtle strategy throughout the game.  I'm also sure he doesn't want to expose his shitty development of the other QBs. 

Tom Herman said he’s not focused on the die being cast as far his future is concerned: “We are full steam ahead in preparation mode to try and win a conference game and give these seniors a fourth-straight winning season at the University of Texas.” #HookEm

Herman: "I think the two go hand in hand in terms of coaching and execution. We have not obviously done a good enough job of putting our players in position to execute in critical moments."

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This Urban saga is starting feel like that time I was about to get a BJ from a fine ass stripper when some dipshit came in and talked about his parents dying and she felt bad and had comfort him. This reminds me why I hate life. 

Sorry about that, but FWIW it was a damn good bj.

• Haha 4

sweatergawd if CDD fucks this up and leaves this shitstain as the HC for Texas it will just be the ultimate signal that Texas has surrendered in terms of ever having an elite football program. Will be a move towards being Cal or Stanford. Maybe we could add a bunch of meaningless non-revenue sports and compete for that worthless directors cup each year.

Texas Fencing - feel it!!

Fuck this assclown of a HC. He is just so shitty.

15 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Tom Herman said believes he still has the support of AD Chris Del Conte. In addition, Del Conte offered to call recruits on Herman's behalf to reassure them of the coach's job security after the Iowa State loss.

Herman: "Right now, that wouldn't be fair to our players if I were continually looking in the rearview mirror as to why certain things happened the way that they happen rather than prepare to beat Kansas State, and that's what we plan on doing."

Herman asked why this team, with a senior QB and three top-10 recruiting classes, didn't work: "Any answer I give you right now is going to come across as an excuse."

Yeah how can looking back at what you did wrong or how teams attacked you possibly help with future contests?

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Tom Herman said believes he still has the support of AD Chris Del Conte. In addition, Del Conte offered to call recruits on Herman's behalf to reassure them of the coach's job security after the Iowa State loss.

Herman: "Right now, that wouldn't be fair to our players if I were continually looking in the rearview mirror as to why certain things happened the way that they happen rather than prepare to beat Kansas State, and that's what we plan on doing."

Herman asked why this team, with a senior QB and three top-10 recruiting classes, didn't work: "Any answer I give you right now is going to come across as an excuse."

Calling recruits to assure them of job security?!

this may be the fucking stupidest thing ever. Fire him now and call those recruits to tell them someone better is gonna coach them. 

26 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

this has always been the hold up & still is  hes waiting for mick & pantoni if they say no urban says no 

So is the façade that this is just a kid from Dallas who has a cousin on the team still believed around here or did everyone finally realize it was just a ctj sock?

Asking for my glizzy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

From Sportsline.

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the Texas football coach to open the 2021 season?

• Tom Herman +100
  • Current NCAA coach/assistant +250
  • Urban Meyer +500
  • Current NFL coach/assistant +900

If I had money on that book I'd be in pretty heavy on Current coach/assistant and Meyer. I don't see it being one of the other two. Almost guaranteed money.

Just now, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman asked how he copes with all this: "How do I cope? Self-reflection. I lean on my wife and my family. They’re my biggest cheerleaders, and I love 'em to death. My wife is probably the most honest person in my life."

Love the mental image of Tom's wife telling him what a turtle pussy he is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, if he's this focused on always beating his opponents and going 1-0, you'd think we'd have a better record and be in line to win the Big 12. Yet we're not, again. 

I have come to realize that it isn't the 1 that is important, it is the 0.  Tom wants to forget about all of the shitty losses he racks up, so each week is a new opportunity to try not to lose.  Slow and steady and what not.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

How are you going to get over that hump dipshit?  Maybe put the best players on the field and stop the stupid ass rotations on offense?  Maybe go with the hot hand?  Find something that works and force the opponent to stop you from doing it again instead of abandoning it?  Get the actual good TE the ball?  Run the fucking sneak from under center?  Maybe with a fake,  you throw it past the sticks instead of to the slow TE short of the first down by 5 yards?   Let Sam/Yursich run the fucking offense instead of Tom Herman? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Sucking up to his wifey and Greg Davis.  Sad shit.  

So that's why we're running 5 wide with RoJo and Brewer split out.

But think of the versatility!  We can go from running out of 11 to slinging it with 5 wide without taking a timeout!  The defense won't know what's what!

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

This shit feels like Saban2.0.

Yep. I'll never bag aggy about Jimbo because they at least nutted up and dropped cash on a coach with skins on the wall.  It even looks like they might, might be building something legit.  We are light speed to Cal Berkley East if we don't drop the cash this time on a proven winner.   

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

sweatergawd if CDD fucks this up and leaves this shitstain as the HC for Texas it will just be the ultimate signal that Texas has surrendered in terms of ever having an elite football program. Will be a move towards being Cal or Stanford. Maybe we could add a bunch of meaningless non-revenue sports and compete for that worthless directors cup each year.

I don't see any way it happens. They're going to need every dollar in revenue this coming season after this year, and Herman returning is a surefire way to guarantee half-empty stands. I think the ship has sailed. CDC knows what it will mean for the fanbase and program to keep Herman.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Well it's an absolutely terrible idea. If only because he will insist on giving his dumbfuck brother a job. 

He’s not coaching again in college. I will put my source up against any of these pay sites on this one. 

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If I had money on that book I'd be in pretty heavy on Current coach/assistant and Meyer. I don't see it being one of the other two. Almost guaranteed money.

Agreed.  2 units on current NCAA and 1 unit on UM yields 167% return if either of those hit.

21 minutes ago, jinx said:

Can't wait to stop hearing this pussy fucking bullshit.

at least with Charlie you knew that he bought into it and believed it

with Herman, who is one of the least likable football coaches in recent history, he comes across like he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. in part because he says the same bullshit all. the. time.

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This Urban saga is starting feel like that time I was about to get a BJ from a fine ass stripper when some dipshit came in and talked about his parents dying and she felt bad and had comfort him. This reminds me why I hate life. 

I apologize. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

My wife is probably the most honest person in my life."

Does she tell you that you're a prententious windbag with a massively overinflated opinion of his own intelligence and also a pussy?

No?  Then let me be the most honest person in your life.  I have some time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

this has always been the hold up & still is  hes waiting for mick & pantoni if they say no urban says no 

OK, I missed this -- who are Mick and Pantoni and why are they so crucial to whether Urban will take the Texas job or not?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, jinx said:

Tom sitting at this press conference today speaks volumes to the fact we are going to (or already have) fuck this up.

4 more years of mediocrity coming down the pike.  Can we just lighten our shade of orange a bit more so no one can tell the difference between us and Tennessee?

Or maybe it could be that CDC is not going to make a move until he has a deal with a new coach wrapped up, or until the season is over.  Is that not at least a reasonable possibility?

Or am I wrong to inject logic into your pity party?  In that case, carry on...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This shit feels like Saban2.0.

Yep.  And it will only add to the embarrassment when we strike out on Urban to have made it so obvious we tried to only fail.  If you are going to fail at something like this, fail early and out of the public eye.  Instead, we have the world looking at us and our newest failure as a coach, while we switch between sucking our thumb and sticking it up our ass.  We continue to be the biggest joke in college football.

I'm soooooo fucking sick of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans in the next few weeks. Everything is predicated on UM wanting to 1. Coach again 2. Coach at Texas. If he turns us down, we are not buying out Herman's expensive contract for Luke Fucking Fickle. So now we have a contracted coach, that most of the fanbase wants gone, that knows we tried to axe him. 

12 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Club fencing isn't too bad actually

http://utexasfencing.weebly.com/about-the-team.html

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

OK, I missed this -- who are Mick and Pantoni and why are they so crucial to whether Urban will take the Texas job or not?

S&C coach and director of football operations....if it means anything Ohio state fans are nervous they will lose them and don’t want to lose them either. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic