Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Serious question- you mean that literally?  Like- you were old enough to go to a club and busted a nut in your pants by dry hump action?  
That’s amazing if true. 

I was like 18, Club Inferno on 6th st. Circa 1998. I think her name was Cami or something. I hope it wasn’t anyone of you assholes girlfriend/future wife.
  • Hook 'Em 2

So they're offering $12MM a year, like us, to go to the a place whose fans rabidly hate Urban to their core, in a frozen tundra so frigid it'll freeze Shelley's tits off, to coach in the B10 and coach against his ex-college and true love? Only difference being more years on the contract, which as we know for Urban is probably a downside, if not a wash? Yeah, gotta like dem odds.

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

So they're offering $12MM a year, like us, to go to the a place whose fans rabidly hate Urban to their core, in a frozen tundra so frigid it'll freeze Shelley's tits off, to coach in the B10 and coach against his ex-college and true love? Only difference being more years on the contract, which as we know for Urban is probably a downside, if not a wash? Yeah, gotta like dem odds.

I went to Michigan for grad school, and I can assure you that nobody up there thinks this is a remote possiblity. Has to be somebody throwing out something this absurd to get clicks for his media empire, Mom's Basement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Urban's life would be in danger if this were to happen. They don't like Texas but holy shit OSU fans would lose their shit. If we don't get him I hope this happens. 

2 hours ago, LarTXHorn said:

Damn that takes me back. The food cart by RLM that had fajita tacos and fried rice? A beef fajita taco, a chicken fajita taco that would get dumped into the fried rice was a great fucking meal. I think those guys in the cart might've gotten busted for selling stolen goods or something? Their fajita had a distinct flavor that i haven't found since.

Thought those were the carts on drag that got popped for fencing.  I liked the falafel in the carts in front of Littlefield  fountain or whatever name they are calling it these days.

4 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Idk who this is (definitely not Cedric), but they're saying we got Meyer and the strength coach but not the recruiting coordinator.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

giphy.gif

Because Cedric passed away last year

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's been tagging the Bevo, Legacy and Pauly Shore. Pauly Shore is a reference to Son In Law. Might be saying Rappaport is gonna break the news? Doubt it but other than that not sure why he'd tag him. The NSFW one threw me for a fucking loop. 

So you could break out your glizzy, take a break and CUM?

So just to clarify, do I need to be up at 9 am with a play by play of everything that Urban wears/says/doesn’t say tomorrow morning? I don’t mind. I can if that is what is needed but I think y’all aren’t sleeping. So bbq and biker joints and Tex mex now? Nice 

2 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Thought those were the carts on drag that got popped for fencing.  I liked the falafel in the carts in front of Littlefield  fountain or whatever name they are calling it these days.

Eggroll cart on the Drag...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Will check that out maybe. I love eating Tex Mex. gringos is another chain that I think is really good. 
me stanning for those 3 chains specifically isn’t saying that nowhere else could conceivably be better- just that they are all great. Thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out. 

Chuys is fun I won't deny. Papas has just never worked for me.

Mostly I just don't see the point in chain Mexican food places when every small town has some hole in the wall Mexican joint and the vast majority of them are dang good.  That isn't even considering all the greasy dives that populate large towns.

Just now, Nicole44 said:

So just to clarify, do I need to be up at 9 am with a play by play of everything that Urban wears/says/doesn’t say tomorrow morning? I don’t mind. I can if that is what is needed but I think y’all aren’t sleeping. So bbq and biker joints and Tex mex now? Nice 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

yes. I ain't watching the 9:00 show.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing will ever match the original Casita Jorges.  It opened up my sophmore year when I was living in some shithole apartments off of Riverside.  There was a mexican nightclub a few blocks away that got closed down when someone was shot there.  Next thing I knew the best mexican place in world opened up there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Went to McDonald’s for dinner for the first time since the last time the McRib was back. The one and only good thing this thread has done for me- pointing out the return of this most amazing of all American fast food options. 
Also, for any of you fucksticks claiming such and such Tex mex place is terrible you are just wrong. 98% of Tex mex in this state ranges somewhere from really good to sublime. None of it is gonna be at the level of a Michelin Star joint, but it’s almost all good and worth eating. 

I’ll never understand how the Michelin man obtained so much clout in the food service industry. 

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Eggroll cart on the Drag...

You ever catch the beat down white truck that went around resupplying those Asian food carts with the widest weirdest array of food?  Super unsanitary and shady. Most of it pretty good. There was this pizza pocket thing that was pretty fucking good and cured hangovers. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What are your favorites in SA?

Depends on what I'm jonesing for, but off the top of my head on the quick -------->>>

Puffy Tacos - Teka Molino and Taco House (both on San Pedro)

Breakfast Tacos (especially Carne Guisada) - Taco Riendo (also on San Pedro)

Sit down dinner - Los Barrios (although I haven't been in years and I'm not even sure they're still open)

Plain old nasty hangover Chingadero late night pre hangover grease extravaganza - Blanco Cafe (The one near Chris Madrid's, not any of the others)

Sit down dinner where you can take a date without her getting stabbed - La Paloma Blanca on Broadway (again, haven't been in awhile, so I can only assume it still kicks ass, but who knows?)

Best drive thru Tex Mex on the FAST - Used to be Las Palapas hands down, but now it's Taco Palenque (chain out of Laredo, I believe)  Get the beef Piratas.  Trust me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Hey sooo can anyone tell me who to root for tomorrow? Been a long night and don’t want to be confused waking up tomorrow.  Close win where we look terrible? Blowout loss? Clearly urban flying in on a helicopter at halftime but trying to be a realist. 

I say another repeat like last week.  Team generally plays well enough to win but stupid coaching decisions cause them to lose.

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Best drive thru Tex Mex on the FAST - Used to be Las Palapas hands down, but now it's Taco Palenque (chain out of Laredo   the Valley I believe)  Get the beef Piratas.  Trust me.

that might get you cut in some coversations

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You ever catch the beat down white truck that went around resupplying those Asian food carts with the widest weirdest array of food?  Super unsanitary and shady. Most of it pretty good. There was this pizza pocket thing that was pretty fucking good and cured hangovers. 

In my day, the egg roll cart in front of the Co-op was stocked by a blue station wagon.  The egg rolls were on the floor board of the back seat.  And no, they were not in boxes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Pappasitos is good for a chain.
Chuys is VERY hit or miss. The one of North Lamar close to Braker is always good, OG style.

The chain ones outside of Austin tend to suck. There’s even a couple in the DC area. I heard that one of those were borderline inedible.

Those limey ass fajitas at Lupe Tortilla are so overrated.

Chain Tex-Mex talk not going away

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic