Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Btw, it’s just my worthless opinion that we let Herman coach through the end of the season. For all I know right now, he could be getting the hatchet job as we speak.

IIRC the word was the Okie Lite win (which isn't looking all that great now) bought Herman the rest of the season. If CDC et al told him that then they will honor it. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Bobby is confirming what I shared already from a friend. The BMDs are not aligned on anyone else. The scenario where Urban turns us down is going to get ugly very quickly. 

The "ugly" where TH stays and the "ugly" where we conduct a drawn out search are two very different uglies IMO.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Bobby Burton

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

I texted with a high-ranking university official this morning and am told the wait for Urban Meyer continues.

While Meyer contemplates the decision, the Horns have not given the three-time national championship coach a deadline.

Despite mass speculation otherwise, the Horns have not received either a final no or yes from Meyer to this juncture.

If Meyer were to reject Texas’ advances, Texas would not begin a broad coaching search because of the size of Herman’s buyout.

Instead, the money needed for the buyout would only be agreed upon based upon who Herman’s eventual successor would be.

Or look a may or may not happen update. This guy's don't know shit. CDC has this locked down tighter than futureman's ass (for now). 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Early Signing Day is 12/16. That'd give UM and staffers 3 days to work the phones.

Plausible

Fuck, I’ll volunteer for the phone bank to call recruits and get them on board. 

Also had a breakfast burrito from “Bummer Burrito” and it’s pretty good shit. From the guys who own “Better Half”.  It’s off Rainey St. 

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Cool “update”, Bobby.

People need to understand that if Urban turns us down, Herman is going to be our coach until a candidate appears that aligns the money. Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal etc are not going to do it. In that scenario Herman could be our coach for several more weeks or longer until that is answered. 

in other words, if you think is Herman is getting fired next Sunday, that only happens if Meyer is out coach. They are not firing Herman to have an open coaching search begin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

The "ugly" where TH stays and the "ugly" where we conduct a drawn out search are two very different uglies IMO.

Herman is not getting fired until a replacement that aligns the money for the buyout is closed. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Updated Insider

Rapgamelarry – quintupled down this morning, but still highly suspect source. 10-1

ScholasticofSquid - see rapgamelarry. 10-1

CeddyB - see rapgamelarry. 20-1

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect. 3-1.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true. 2-1.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention. 1-1.

CTJ – I follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going. 1-1.

Me – Still don’t know, but have never once heard yes after he said he wanted it. No line.

Caddox - He just doubled down with a BMD reference. 1-4.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations. 1-1.

Kevin Burton - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job. 2-1.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides. No harm sharing though. 5-1.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him. 10,000-1.

Staff list guy – the guy that posted possible Meyer staff, but also said he may not have said yes.

Burton – pretty credible, says it’s still undecided. 1-3.

Horns99 – said Herman stays. Newer poster. 10-1.

Helobious – very suspect mini-BMD. 9-1.

InjuryProne – says it’s done and has some connections verified. 3-1.

Texas7 – what did he say. 20-1 until I see something.

HighlandParkVillageLady – BMD wife, it’s Meyer or an NFL coach. 5-1.

Doing God's work my friend. 

23 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

If Michigan cancels their game with tOSU for covid reasons and derails their playoff hopes, and then UM says yes to Texas and goes after assistants, it has major potential to be one of the better meltdowns for a fan base in Internet history. You would then get a slow burn in recruiting.

From your lips to God's ears

10 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m told the kid likes the school but lost confidence in the program. Day is a good coach and recruiter, but UM is his daddy. Ohio state’s days of raiding Texas are over. 

I hope you have a new handle ready to be lit up when your NowThis moment happens in a few days after Herman’s vote of confidence for 2021 is issued by Hartsell and CDC. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope I’ve been clear that I don’t know shit about the coaching situation in terms of new info. And I always have fun. 

I haven’t checked but I feel like you’re new here. If so, it might shock you to realize that some of us don’t give a shit about “camaraderie” with a bunch of assholes that can turn on you in a moment’s notice. I’m here to be entertained and debate. If me “being a dick” is an issue, it’s because you can’t accept what’s happened here - you made an absurd post, I mocked it, you took it personally, I mocked that, now you’re projecting something bizarrely about my “ego” - not that I’m a meanie. 

I love you too dad -I mean CTJ

If UM is waiting to assemble the staff I don’t think it makes sense. It’s not like they are gonna come now if they are with Ohio state. It won’t be till after Ohio states last game which may not be until playoffs.

He can have handshake agreements in place before obviously but I don’t understand why that’s the hold up. Now I do understand if he’s waiting for them to tell him yes or no that they are coming.

If it’s a yes it’s not like they are gonna come over right after UM accepts especially if they are on staff on a playoff team.

I just feel like it’s a no because of the last decade. They traumatized me. And they seem to mess up everything. Also, nobody knows shit within the 9.95s unless they are keeping an extremely tight lid on this which I believe to some extent but word would start to trickle if he did already accept.

If he says no it’s gonna get dark af. Seems like the circus which we are all accustomed to will show itself if he doesn’t accept.

Luckily right now the AD and BMD’s have their shit together for the moment.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Bobby Burton

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

I texted with a high-ranking university official this morning and am told the wait for Urban Meyer continues.

While Meyer contemplates the decision, the Horns have not given the three-time national championship coach a deadline.

Despite mass speculation otherwise, the Horns have not received either a final no or yes from Meyer to this juncture.

If Meyer were to reject Texas’ advances, Texas would not begin a broad coaching search because of the size of Herman’s buyout.

Instead, the money needed for the buyout would only be agreed upon based upon who Herman’s eventual successor would be.

So we are in for one last of these.

Oct-5-2019-Morgantown-WV-USA-Texas-Longh

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Updated Insider

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true. 2-1.

How exactly do you KNOW this to be wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m so FUCKING jacked up this morning.     Im just gonna throw it out there. This moment represented an existential threat for our entire program. Rebellion at home. Hordes of sheep fucking and meth smoking barbarians at our gates.    I have a close work tie to a very active donor. His last name is on a building on campus. He intervened on our behalf basically his whole adult life, and after a long period of time consuming participation, he got burned out after the Eyes debacle. He’s now out of the game completely. It’s my opinion our school let him and a lot of us down. 

There are a lot of good alums just like him that are deeply disappointed with our school. It is what it is. I don’t care for politics. In the end, I think there are people supporting our program and people holding us back. Traditionally, the people holding us back have run the school. Well, this moment represents a big win for the people that truly care about winning. I’m filled with true happiness with how all of these people have come together for a common mission. Win or lose in the future, our school is a healthier place from this deal.

I am not yet able to contribute financially other than my season tickets, but I help in other ways that I think makes a difference. This whole deal has reaffirmed my commitment to do what I can to help us win and defeat our rivals. Like I said, I’m fucking jacked. Hook em.

im_jacked_im_jacked_86428d1eff.gif

To be clear, my optimism on this one is blind and I am not saying it’s done because I don’t know jack shit. It’s clear to me that virtually no one knows anything on this. 

That’s the camp I’m in. It just makes too much fucking sense when you lay out the objectives on either side of the table. Unless we are missing something. Or Urban is just being a prick to be a prick.

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Jordan would have won eight straight you Houston honks.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this.

These are two of the worst posts in the entire history of this thread and this thread includes some of the most ridiculous and embarrassing shit we’ve ever seen in Longhorn netdom. You should both be ashamed of yourselves and apologize to the rest of us. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope you have a new handle ready to be lit up when your NowThis moment happens in a few days after Herman’s vote of confidence for 2021 is issued by Hartsell and CDC. 

Hartzell is more likely to fuck Herman’s wife and send his kids to a Chinese sweatshop than he is to giving him another year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Burton...doesn’t sound great...really is UM or bust

Fuck me in the goat ass for wading through all this bullshit. I've got a $2.5 million proposal I need to be working on and instead I've got rap game motherfucking Larry and caddox blowing smoke up my ass, a lesson in emoji deciphering, flight aware tracking in an age where 95% of business is conducted online, mcrib fatigue and now I'm feeling woefully inadequate for not owning an arsenal.

And you know what the worst part is? It's not if CUM doesn't come, it's that if he doesn't we all look like a bunch of aggies jerking it because Jimmy Johnson once said he liked their fight song. 

Also, you can have my fight the power kitty when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. 

IMG_20201206_110812.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

This moment in time captured for posterity. So much going on. So many stories untold. So many questions. 

Judging from the looks on the face of the man, he's going -nay- has to double team those two ladies.  The entire setup (alcohol, an apparent hotel room, etc) has that look.

On his face, it's a look of sadness, of grief, of "what have I gotten myself into?", of having a job to do that is shitty and unwelcomed, but by God, he will put forth his best effort.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Are we....

are we gonna have a punctuation walk off?   I’m an APA bro.

I'm a Strunk & White man myself. But I got nuthin but respect for the APA clan.

Besides, I know not to fuck with an OG like you. I should've just kept my damn mouth shut.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cart before horse post: It's gonna blow when Urbs gets introduced as HC in an empty room and fields questions over conference call. They should do the introductory pc on the field inside DKR with a big podium and reporters spread out. Students allowed to attend as well. Would feel like the big deal it is.

Edited by Texas

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Judging from the looks on the face of the man, he's going -nay- has to double team those two ladies.  The entire setup (alcohol, an apparent hotel room, etc) has that look.

On his face, it's a look of sadness, of grief, of "what have I gotten myself into?", of having a job to do that is shitty and unwelcomed, but by God, he will put forth his best effort.

So kind of the look on all Longhorn fans faces the past 10 years. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic