Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I mean I think we've all known that Herman BS coach speak.  I think it's just as likely coaches are coasting and want a break, want goodwill from players after a W, etc.   I'm just saying none of us would blink an eye if we were undefeated right now and Sunday practice was cancelled.  Coaches do this shit all the time in the NFL after a W.

Wouldn't they just cancel it last night?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I mean I think we've all known that Herman BS coach speak.  I think it's just as likely coaches are coasting and want a break, want goodwill from players after a W, etc.   I'm just saying none of us would blink an eye if we were undefeated right now and Sunday practice was cancelled.  Coaches do this shit all the time in the NFL after a W.

I know, it was a joke...

If you do that, you tell the players they played a great game and the day off is a reward.  

Good point but players are also normally off on Mondays.

We're subbing in new players at multiple positions, including some pretty vital ones.

Doesn't it make sense that we'd want to get these guys as many reps as possible during a game week?

It would certainly be in character for Herman to want to have the best practices after a loss to correct the mistakes, even though it is too late at that point, but cancel practice after a win because we obviously have everything figured out now.

I believe that they wouldn't fire Tom before or during the bb game due to the obvious distraction it would present. Not fair to the bb team with a big game on the slate.

What if its just an unceremonious departure this evening? Idk. Everything about this shituation is so odd

Edited by Filet-o-fish

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

It would certainly be in character for Herman to want to have the best practices after a loss to correct the mistakes, even though it is too late at that point, but cancel practice after a win because we obviously have everything figured out now.

its gonna take a few hours to negotiate the buyout terms once we tell him he's not getting the full buyout.

oh shit...Wells on IT

Sources tell IT football practice won’t be held today, instead it will be replaced by team meetings.

OU eliminated Texas last night, so the postponed game vs Kansas (12/12) may just be officially cancelled.

At this point we have no reason to believe this is related to the uncertainty around Tom Herman’s job.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

oh shit...Wells on IT

Sources tell IT football practice won’t be held today, instead it will be replaced by team meetings.

OU eliminated Texas last night, so the postponed game vs Kansas (12/12) may just be officially cancelled.

At this point we have no reason to believe this is related to the uncertainty around Tom Herman’s job.

Yeah I don't buy that last line.

19 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Put me in the camp of a verified practice cancellation means something is going on.

We've said for a while that cdc would probably not act on Tom until we're officially out of b12 contention. That happened last night. That part is done.

Leading up to today, the common refrain was that if Tom was coaching at Sunday practice after we're officially eliminated, that's a bad sign. I've been anxiously watching that part.

Now practice is cancelled, and we're supposed to believe it's just rest? These guys are banged up every week, and we practice. I don't buy that and I don't buy covid from a group who flew together as recently as last night.

If practice is really off, I personally find the most likely explanation to be that something is going down. Doesn't mean Urban, but something with Tom for sure.

Isnt it customary to give Sundays off after a win? Particularly after a road game?

Just now, RGBIII said:

oh shit...Wells on IT

Yeah he's done. 

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

oh shit...Wells on IT

A team meeting vs team meetings

it matters 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
16 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s usually Sunday Funday, duh.

Sunday fun day keeps on as we get older, you just have to start earlier.

Man I had iced tea for lunch and I’m headed for a nap after the game. Sunday funday means something totally different these days.  Did get laid this morning though so there is that. 

Edited by troph

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic