Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.
again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 
Y'all dudes stop being childish, fisting himself guy has the floor.
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ok... been gone for several hours... looks like you are all saying Urbs is a no go? What are we basing that off of? That Herman hasn't been fired yet?  (Hint... he's not getting fired until after regular season is over, if at all. You can't let Charlie finish his season but not Herman.)

Why can’t you? Is there some sort of football jail we will be sent to? 

3 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ok... been gone for several hours... looks like you are all saying Urbs is a no go? What are we basing that off of? That Herman hasn't been fired yet?  (Hint... he's not getting fired until after regular season is over, if at all. You can't let Charlie finish his season but not Herman.)

Why not?

Herman got 3 plus seasons, strong got 3.  And most importantly, we didn't have an early signing day when strong was here.

46 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I think CDC probably did everything right but it just didn’t work out for reasons beyond his control.  Having said that, I think his job just got significantly much harder and suspect he is probably more disappointed than anyone on this Board.

Unfortunately we don’t know and we won’t know why it failed , if it did, and where the fault lies. That’s just not going to get out.

3 minutes ago, PSmitty said:

I hope we as a community learn something from this. Both the fact that if enough twitters make it possible, it’s true. And that we are the butt of the joke on FOX, and the scorn of ESPN. We should all fist ourselves to make it sink in.

Fox and ESPN WANT Texas to be good.

Ratings and LHN.

4 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The only counterpoint to this is that intentionally reporting false information hurts their rep, which is their biggest asset as "insiders"

Thing is they don't give a fuck about their rep when they know their subs will eat up any bs they feed. As long as they play along the lines of anything in the realm of possibility of course. 

41 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I'm confused how this is CDC's fault if Urban said no. Allegedly he was able to get BMDs on board to not only pony up the money to oust Herman, but also to make an absurd offer to Meyer.

If Meyer was a no since October and we kept trying, it's hard to fathom that CDC didn't start vetting some backup options. The problem with backup options is, those same BMDs putting up the money to get rid of Herman may have some strings attached to that money, such as the money is only good if Urban is the coach. So it's going to be difficult to oust Tom and have money for a backup.

Some of you think an AD can just make money appear out of thin air and Urban should accept whatever offer we give him. I feel that way too but let's be realistic for a hot minute here. 

For everyone saying CDC needs to go, do you fuckers not remember what a Texas game day experience was like under Patterson? CDC has made some excellent changes and, it remains to be seen, but his coach hires for other sports seem a step in the right direction and his ability to raise funds for new facilities on the promises of hope is pretty good. It may not pan out, but let's not pretend there is some giant pool of competent ADs out there that can get all of the unreasonable demands we have done.

That's exactly where he fucked up. He needed to know 1) the money is there to buyout Herman then pay Meyer and 2) is the money still there if Urban says no and you have to go to a lesser candidate. Then throughout the process of negotiation with Urban you publicly support Herman 100 percent in case things fall through and the buyout money isn't there. Being an AD at this level is all politics and he has to have his bases covered in case things go south with the process. His refusal to make sure his coach wasn't lame ducked while doing a very private negotiation with Urban was a massive fuck up. By no denouncing it he let the media and fan base assume he's trying to replace Herman. Now he's risking killing Herman's chances to recruit and even maintain staff if the money isn't there to replace him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

What's squid up to?  I don't have his Twitter saved.  Anyone have that? 

His last post was four hours ago and it was three squid emojis in a row so, you know, read into that what you will but I'm personally taking that to mean it's still happening. 

19 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Welp since we’re saddled with Mensa next year and we all know how to smoke and correctly slice a brisket could I get thoughts on the best methods for cooking Brussels sprouts? Had some at Longhorn Steakhouse a year or so ago that really turned me on and have been feverishly attempting to replicate something similar. Thanks in advance for serious replies.

Very easy. Slice off the ends and then cut in half, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe some blackened seasoning if you like that, then spread them on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for at least 30 minutes.  Shake the baking sheet a few times during the cooking, and see if they are crispy enough after 30.  

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.

again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I don’t know why people listen to some random $9.95er. So an underling says he thinks it’s off but yields to his superior who has not commented. And since they don’t know shit when Meyer signs the boss man will say he heard positive news. So they convince themselves they maintain credibility that way. They know nothing. Subscribers need to be fed. So they feed them the only thing they have BS

I know you’ve been quite positive about Urban to Texas.  Do you still feel good about it?  What has you confident if you don’t mind sharing. 

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Very easy. Slice off the ends and then cut in half, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe some blackened seasoning if you like that, then spread them on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for at least 30 minutes.  Shake the baking sheet a few times during the cooking, and see if they are crispy enough after 30.  

Damn, that sounds tasty.

2 hours ago, Caddox said:

I know I’m just an anonymous asshole on the internet, but y’all need to trust me on one thing in particular. Herman is toast. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point. I’m quite sure we are giving him time and dignity to bolster the pr line of “we just couldn’t turn Urban down”. That’s a much smarter and more savvy way of reducing his buyout compared to the alcoholic philanderer angle.

So @Caddox you heard anything new in last 2 hrs?

9 minutes ago, General Specific said:

And while on this topic, how about sides? Tater salad, beans and the like. What and how Surly. One of my favorite sides, deviled eggs.

Potato salad (w/ mustard?)...

Beans with brown sugar?

Fuck outta here with that potato salad with mustard bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, El Squared said:

We will never be told the details if it failed. No one does that. Its all designed to save face for all parties.

It will be on the cover of Texas Monthly in a few years. Diagram of a failure. I feel like that extra scene from Stepbrothers where Will Ferrell opens up a gift on Christmas Eve and it’s a wallet and he yells “I opened up a box of shit!” 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

Perhaps what we are "hearing" right now is a focused, concerted effort to identify the AD, BMD, or Regents mole.

Based on a lot of the stories of big M&A negotiations I’ve heard from older bankers, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Stick your hand up your ass. Maybe they're in there. 

He’s on ignore but keeps getting quoted.  That  asshole will get zero apologies because, even if he actually did have a source, he’s such a fucking dick about it and smears vomit incessantly all over the board that he doesn’t deserve one.  He should be apologizing to us for being such an annoying prick.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Everyone keeps saying all the sites are reporting it, but it's really just Nahlin right? and then message boards on other sites are going up in flames based on Nahlin

Btw, pretty sure that Alumnihorn poster on 247 is Nahlin or some kind of IT plant. Always reports the exact same thing and almost always references IT in his posts

I’ll be pissed if UM played this coy well shucks maybe I feel good enough to coach again how about you rally the BMD to see how much $ they can pay and make sure your admin agrees to every item on my wish list and then after fucking around for a few weeks he decides he can’t come cuz of the health reasons. He should have sorted his house before this ball got rolling.  I don’t know man. Fuck. I still got the hope. 

• Like 1

I don't believe we know for sure one way or the other yet.

I do believe that Urban has actual health issues, and that they are tied to stress.  I do believe that Urban's entire family would prefer him to never return to coaching.

Although I do not have ANY sources, and have seen NO rumors to this effect, there is a possibility that might be sort of weird.  If Urban believes (as the entire OSU fan base does, but whatever) that Herman was the one who went public about Zach Smith, it's conceivable that either (1) Meyer was planning never to return to coaching, but the possibility of sticking it to Herman made him at least consider it; or (2) he wanted to stick it to Herman, so he is going to let the speculation drag on as long as it possibly can, without ever seriously considering it.

To reiterate, I am NOT claiming that's true.  It's just a scenario that seems sort of plausible, depending on how much of an ass you think Meyer is.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic