Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tressel Resigns May 30 2011, Fickell is thrown in as interim with just summer work outs and fall camp. So you're going to judge Fickell on his interim coaching duty vs what he has done at Cincinnati. You're actually A'Dam Retard.

Lincoln Riley and marble mouth Orgeron did better in worse situations. Fickell is not the answer and we’ll be right back here in four years bitching about a coaching change.

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Fickell went 6-7 his one year at tOSU. Urban came next year and went undefeated with that roster. 5th year Herman is better than Fickell with no Big 12 experience and Texas HS connections.

Take it easy bro! That was an interim spot after a messy divorce from Tressel while losing their potential hesiman winning QB. They started braxton miller as a true freshman and he led the team in rushing. That's not something to use against him as a head coach. There's 3 people coaching right now who could randomly handle some bullshit like that and win. 

7 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

I don't know shit, but speculation is Urban, if he were to accept the job, wouldn't do so until (at earliest) the weekend of the 19th after conference championship games are played and his Fox contract expires or (at latest) after tOSU has wrapped up any playoff run, which could extent to the CFP final on January 11th. 

Assuming one agrees with that, question is really whether you have Herman or no head coach in place come NSD 1. 

if it were up to me, Herman would be gone.  If Urban is on board as I believe he is, then he'll likely keep Ash, you just put Ash in charge until Urban is officially announced.  If the Urban hire does not happen, then as someone suggested I'd be happier with Ash as an interim head coach for a year than bringing herman back

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pops said:

I dont know shit,  but I don't think ESD means shit to urban. He's going to get whatever he needs whenever he wants. And I honestly don't think urban will take the job before osu is eliminated from the playoffs. 

If Tommy boy isn't fired Saturday or Sunday I think that means either urban is locked up or Herman will be back in 2021. 

That's the latest buzz, but wouldn't UT shit-can Herman this weekend so he has more time to find another job? We don't want him engaging recruits on our behalf.

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

None of this makes sense.  From all the rumors and reports.

1.  Urban had indicated to Texas he wants to coach again and would only do so at Notre Dame, Texas, USC.

2.  Flirtation between Texas and Urban since the ou game.

3.  Urban gives Texas his list of demands, and Texas says yes to everything.

4.  Urban is totally uncomfortable on the fox set and it starts to leak that it’s happening Sunday morning.

5.  Sunday evening complete 180 flip that he’s not coming because of health reasons but he still may coach somewhere later.  

What the fuck.  None of this makes sense.  Who the hell turns down 80 million.  His fucking grandkids would be set for life and then their their grandkids would be set for life as well.  He publicly turned down the tOSU job just take it 2 weeks later.  He has yet to even mention the Texas job and they completely avoid showing him on the Fox set when they talk about Texas.  All the while, CDC continues to leave Herman out to dry.  After all the quick movement with Meyer, nothing has come out all week as to whom they may be targeting.  I’m with alpha horn.  It’s going to be Meyer.  Everyone plugged in on Sunday was jumping saying it was done.  What changed? Health reasons is the dumbest excuse because no way you get that far into negotiating for a job if you’re not sure you’re healthy enough to coach again.

Co-signed

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Who the hell turns down 80 million.

I got hung up on this one a couple nights ago thinking about everything to myself. 

That is so much God damn money for a guy that will likely never have an opportunity to make that much again.  

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So according to FCB, UT is leaning towards keeping Herman. Urban is leaning towards not coaching. He’s leaning away from Texas.

I’m leaning towards pm’ing my nude album of awesomeness.  

Which of these statements is true? Which is false? Is there even a barometer here? 

Until there is an unequivocal No from UM I tend to believe in all the smoke. And until CDC says “Hey guys! Burn your season tickets! I’m keeping Herman for 2021! Gotta give his new staff a chance to gel. Covid is a rough year to do this!” I will continue to hold out hope that we still have a shot with UM. 

Shame on you, day crew! Shame! Bringing me down man! 

Hold up, can we circle back to that album of awesomeness again?   I think that deserves a little more attention, you know, investigate every angle and all that.

Edited by Hurtlocker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

And holy fuck of all fucks if I watch a Tom Herman coached Texas team lose to OU and TCU again next year I can't be held accountable for my actions.

I'd totally agree and be right there with you if I believed that the turtle were going to be back next year.

But I do not.

Texas head coach Urban Meyer will not lose to the cockroaches OR the toothless meth-heads.  In Urban we trust.

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So the media has went from zero chance Tom comes back even with a big 12 title appearance to 99% chance of coming back without ever saying Urban was an unequivocal no? 

It's almost as if they're being deliberately misled and fed false information, isn't it??????

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So the media has went from zero chance Tom comes back even with a big 12 title appearance to 99% chance of coming back without ever saying Urban was an unequivocal no? 

This.  They spent months telling us that CDC had given Tom a list of expectations which included playing in the CCG - and that if Tom couldn't meet these expectations he would be gone.  Well Tom didn't meet those expectations - but suddenly they're resigned to keeping him? Fuck that.  They knew what the buyouts were when they drew up that list.  None of this is a surprise.

Tom is gone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  They spent months telling us that CDC had given Tom a list of expectations which included playing in the CCG - and that if Tom couldn't meet these expectations he would be gone.  Well Tom didn't meet those expectations - but suddenly they're resigned to keeping him? Fuck that.  They knew what the buyouts were when they drew up that list.  None of this is a surprise.

Tom is gone.

Yep and if he isn't after meeting literally none of those goals what motivation does he have next year to even try? Gonnna get paid regardless if he shows his ass again against TCU and OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Tom is gone.

I think after the KU game and been the plan all along.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They are in on the deception, willingly or blindly.

21 minutes ago, victory88 said:

None of this makes sense.  From all the rumors and reports.

1.  Urban had indicated to Texas he wants to coach again and would only do so at Notre Dame, Texas, USC.

2.  Flirtation between Texas and Urban since the ou game.

3.  Urban gives Texas his list of demands, and Texas says yes to everything.

4.  Urban is totally uncomfortable on the fox set and it starts to leak that it’s happening Sunday morning.

5.  Sunday evening complete 180 flip that he’s not coming because of health reasons but he still may coach somewhere later.  

What the fuck.  None of this makes sense.  Who the hell turns down 80 million.  His fucking grandkids would be set for life and then their their grandkids would be set for life as well.  He publicly turned down the tOSU job just take it 2 weeks later.  He has yet to even mention the Texas job and they completely avoid showing him on the Fox set when they talk about Texas.  All the while, CDC continues to leave Herman out to dry.  After all the quick movement with Meyer, nothing has come out all week as to whom they may be targeting.  I’m with alpha horn.  It’s going to be Meyer.  Everyone plugged in on Sunday was jumping saying it was done.  What changed? Health reasons is the dumbest excuse because no way you get that far into negotiating for a job if you’re not sure you’re healthy enough to coach again.

Maybe he had second thoughts about reclaiming his personnel/pantsing Ryan Day

13 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

It's like they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

They are in on the deception, willingly or blindly.

I'd say blindly because there is zero chance those cretins could hold onto anything of that magnitude for more than 10 seconds without spilling the beans. If anybody at all is in on it it's Bobby Burton only because he has had the best info so far and has went relatively silent consider the magnitude of Urban supposedly saying no. 

14 minutes ago, Yuk said:

The news on keeping Herm for 2021 is just another targeted "leak". I just hear it to say we're not firing him before NSD1.

Everyone uses FCB to leak shit to set narrative that they want.

Was going to Pac 10 Leverage for LHN negotiations?  I don't know what Texas will be ahead of OU in the final BCS poll was done for except to make us a punch line for Bootlegger Barry.

Edited by TexasEd

25 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

That's the latest buzz, but wouldn't UT shit-can Herman this weekend so he has more time to find another job? We don't want him engaging recruits on our behalf.

Why would you commit to a school with no coach?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I'd say blindly because there is zero chance those cretins could hold onto anything of that magnitude for more than 10 seconds without spilling the beans. If anybody at all is in on it it's Bobby Burton only because he has had the best info so far and has went relatively silent consider the magnitude of Urban supposedly saying no. 

This theory makes the most sense. There is less than a zero % chance that any of these fucktards have been told Urban is coming, and they are simply keeping it quiet. They would be dropping hints and teasers all over themselves hoping for extra clicks and subscriptions. Hell, I have no website business, and I would post that shit in a heartbeat if I knew the truth.

I don't want to provide unwarranted hope about the situation, or inflame this thread any further.....but the 9.95'r reporting in some cases just isn't right. Here is what isn't making sense right now.

I am absolutely confident Meyer said no at least twice to Texas. I am also confident Texas was planning to move on from Herman.

Given these two facts, I don't understand 9.95r reports that say Urban hasn't completely shut the door, and that there is a chance Herman comes back if they don't get him.  For that to be true, one of the following has to be true:

9.95rs are spewing bs and what's really happening is that the admin is working plan B - very likely

The administration is continuing to work on Meyer and Meyer has decided yet again to listen - pretty unlikely, in my opinion

Meyer had been giving out false no's to everyone around him in order to hide the negotiations - slight chance this is true.

For the Herman rumor to be true, that would mean the administration did a complete 180 from getting rid of him to deciding to keep him. That would be stunning, if true. I have a hard time believing it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I’m in the camp that Urban has pretty much said yes. He just doesn’t want to disrupt anything dealing with ohio st since they are still in the hunt. Herman will be let go in the after season evaluation and the job will be officially open. They will look around but when ohio st is out, it will be determined urban will coach the Horns. He will bring with him his SIL and the strength/conditioning coach maybe 1 or 2 more.  So we r in a holding pattern now. It was leaked urban said no but not really a no yet just to take pressure off urban and the assistants still at ohio st. 

I don’t know shit and have no sources but this will CUM to fruition. Hopefully. Until proven otherwise, I’m all in. Ha ha. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic