Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, Askew said:

Big 12 uses total losses and then head-to-head in an unbalanced scenario. We'd go over Ok St.

https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx
Unbalanced Tie-Break Procedures to Determine Conference Championship Game Participants

In order for teams to be considered in a tie-break scenario to compete in the Big 12 Football Championship Game, teams must play no less than one fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all conference teams (rounded up/down at .50). For example, if the average number of conference games played in the 2020 season is 8.25 (value of 8 when rounded down) a team would be eligible to play in the Championship Game if that team played 7 conference games.

The Championship Game participants will be determined by the best winning percentages within the conference. In the event of an unbalanced schedule where there is a tie for the best, or second best, record in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage as long as the required number of conference games were completed. If the teams remain tied, the following procedures will be applied to determine the Big 12 Championship Game representatives:

How many of our opt-outs would opt back in if we ended backing into the conference game?

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

C’mon, Nicole. There’s no “I” in “team.”

Lmao! Y’all there best! Can’t wait for surly happy hour/party! This has been such a nice distraction for me. This site and in particular this thread. Have an aunt and an uncle in two different hospitals. Unrelated reasons. Another aunt dying from dementia. Finally got a job after months of shitty searching and interviews. This has been a lot of fun for me. If I offend or annoy anyone with my chatterbox posting and my pictures—I guess use the ignore feature for my posts. I try not to derail the thread any more than anyone else. 

Whose wife is supposed to be posting pics? Lol. 

UM or bust. Back to the regularly scheduled programming. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Lmao! Y’all there best! Can’t wait for surly happy hour/party! This has been such a nice distraction for me. This site and in particular this thread. Have an aunt and an uncle in two different hospitals. Unrelated reasons. Another aunt dying from dementia. Finally got a job after months of shitty searching and interviews. This has been a lot of fun for me. If I offend or annoy anyone with my chatterbox posting and my pictures—I guess use the ignore feature for my posts. I try not to derail the thread any more than anyone else. 

Whose wife is supposed to be posting pics? Lol. 

UM or bust. Back to the regularly scheduled programming. 

My wife. There are some pics floating around. Lol

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

How many of our opt-outs would opt back in if we ended backing into the conference game?

Just as far as the reality of it:

Seeing as if this extremely unlikely scenario happened, we wouldn't know about the change until this Wednesday at the earliest, there is no way those kids would be able to opt back in, join the walkthrough on Thursday, and hop on the plane on Friday. 

So none. I could see TQ and CB maybe trying. But Cosmi and Sterns no way. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

if it was locked down then none of us would ever have known they were negotiating with Urban Meyer behind the scenes. We wouldn't have known a damn thing until they announced Herman's firing and his hiring. 

They need to get a control of that athletic department when it comes to football. Need to cut everybody out of the loop except the AD and the coach on everything from recruiting to information about the program or anything else. Make it clear to all the players and staff that anybody caught leaking anything that happens in the locker room outside will immediately be cut from the program or fired. Texas will never be back to national prominence until they can make the environment suitable for a good coach and not require a good coach and an expert politician. It's becoming obvious that is just fact at this point. 

What if the AD is an idiot?  Like Sonny Dykes as corch bad?

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

What if the AD is an idiot?  Like Sonny Dykes as corch bad?

Then let him fail if he's gonna fail then fire him and do a better job selecting the next one. That's a huge problem here is Texas doesn't allow ADs and coaches to succeed or fail with autonomy. They allow people too much access if they donate big money and end up cutting the knees out of the people who are supposed to be running the thing. They knock over the pot then get pissed when the water isn't boiling. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Urban got a first hand look at this and backed off because of it. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Then let him fail if he's gonna fail then fire him and do a better job selecting the next one. That's a huge problem here is Texas doesn't allow ADs and coaches to succeed or fail with autonomy. They allow people too much access if they donate big money and end up cutting the knees out of the people who are supposed to be running the thing. They knock over the pot then get pissed when the water isn't boiling. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Urban got a first hand look at this and backed off because of it. 

I'm kinda getting tired of that optic and the news out of Auburn tells us Texas isn't unique in that regard.  The well-connected donor network were responsible for Hoke's ushering to/from Michigan, followed by Harbaugh. I'd argue Penn State's had a hand in Franklin's hire.  It's not a fascination for the blue bloods any longer, it's the way some things operate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I suggested putting a convoy together this morning for that very purpose.

We can’t hurt the situation if all the insider talk is all true. 

I thought I saw on espn that after the four teams are selected for the CFP that if any team were to fall victim to the Covid and not be able to play there would be no replacements. 

do other top programs have an assistant AD just for football? Clearly we need one. If that’s what it was UM wanted. 

UM or Bust!

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sure appreciate Auburn drawing all of the attention right now for firing Gus.  

As long as TEXAS gets rid of Mensa and hires a good replacement, I'm fine with it happening after the CFP Championship Game in Jan 2021.  🤘

dude.  it's fetch.  it's not happening.

all-therm-ahead for 2021.

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

We're already en route, where the heck are you?

convoi-1978-01-g.jpg

'cause we got a little convoy
Rockin' through the night.
Yeah, we got a little convoy,
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
'cross the u-s-a.
Convoy!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

AHS! I miss it sometimes. Actually, been missing my hometown a lot more lately. Maybe it’s the Covid. 

So of the Plan B (I am still firmly Plan A—UM),         had heard an interesting rumor about John Harbaugh but thought it was bs. When it comes to NFL coaches I have only heard Shanahan really be mentioned as a potential candidate. I can’t see though either of those two leaving the NFL. 

Nothing out there for me except Urban. 

Well late 90’s Mack right. Bet you’d send him a glamour shot 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Wow. Shit is moving fast today. Gus gone.  Cristobal out (didn’t want for the record but wanted to interview as part of plan B coaching search). 

If it’s not Urban and I refuse to leave that train. We’d better hope our selection wants to come to Texas. Had heard Mullen and Campbell were out via the dark web as they do not want. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic