Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Ill just do quick cliffs:

Close friends BIL was at a lease this weekend with someone that was in the room in Dallas when they were putting together the donor side of the UM stuff. Buddy texts me earlier and says the program and the CDC stuff whatever was constant conversation.

- They still feel good about UM.

- CDC is hardly even involved.

- Tom Herman is toast

My main question without being too pushy was why was everyone celebrating on Saturday and then shitty news comes out Sunday and everyone goes completely silent? He said they felt like this last round of negotiations went really well, but that they all agreed to give Meyer space bc it was clear he needed it. Then they all went nuts bc Meyer basically told us he felt great about stuff and that he wants to let the season or his fox stuff or our season or whatever shake out. Meyer had started to get cagey and then he gave us a super positive indication without us asking for one. 

inject that shit directly into my veins GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Close friends BIL was at a lease this weekend with someone that was in the room in Dallas when they were putting together the donor side of the UM stuff. Buddy texts me earlier and says the program and the CDC stuff whatever was constant conversation.

- Tom Herman is toast

My main question without being too pushy was why was everyone celebrating on Saturday and then shitty news comes out Sunday and everyone goes completely silent? He said they felt like this last round of negotiations went really well, but that they all agreed to give Meyer space bc it was clear he needed it. Then they all went nuts bc Meyer basically told us he felt great about stuff and that he wants to let the season or his fox stuff or our season or whatever shake out. Meyer had started to get cagey and then he gave us a super positive indication without us asking for one. 

8FB97A14-3CCA-400E-A3CD-DDF804A5ABB1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

- Tom Herman is toast

ah so you finally got word that aligns with what the rest of us already gathered. Cool, cool

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

- Tom Herman is toast

Animated GIF

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

So when was this super positive indication? That Saturday when you said it was done? 

Yea. UM told them he was happy with our offer. I think thats a pretty big deal bc other places are saying we somehow didnt pony up or give him what he wants and its bullshit. 

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

So when was this super positive indication? That Saturday when you said it was done? 

Basing off the last few sentences. It seems like he's inferring the super positive indication came some time after the bad news hit. The roller coaster started to climb back up the hill around Wednesday-Friday. So that may be when he gave the reinforcement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Caddox said:

- Tom Herman is toast

PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restr

Dammit -- I was finally getting over the Urban/Texas shit and you do this to me!?!?!?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
36 minutes ago, Bevo said:
Who was the DL who went to that school and went on to play for Nebraska? Can't remember if he made it to the pros.

Are you thinking Kenny Walker from Crane? NFL for the Broncos after attending Nebraskie.

Thanks. I guess I was wrong about him attending the Texas School for the deaf.

Just now, Caddox said:

Yea. UM told them he was happy with our offer. I think thats a pretty big deal bc other places are saying we somehow didnt pony up or give him what he wants and its bullshit. 

This is not good smack. It's cut with a lot of rat poison and baking soda but fuck it. I'm taking it all. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

- Tom Herman is toast

Prime night shift shit right there. You gonna double down with a futurefister wager too?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Check it out! The new update includes "Dark Mode"! @immamac is hooking the Night Shift up!

I already had dark mode. Y'all didn't? I had to reset it after the update. Looks nice.  Very cool new UI. The only (tiny) issue I see is the text column/boxes being way narrower than before, but I'm guessing that's on the list of tweaks to come.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

I already had dark mode. Y'all didn't? I had to reset it after the update. Looks nice. The only (tiny) issue I see is the text column/boxes being way narrower than before, but I'm guessing that's on the list of tweaks to come.

I'm not a Tapa user so I'm a bit behind the times.

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

So where does it currently stand and what led to the cliff dive on that next Sunday?

Just now, Texasrocks said:

We need to diagram this shit... So Caddox's friend's brother-in-law's friend said it is looks good? Any chance this conversation happened in a porta potty?

I know we are all high on Caddoxs new UM revelation but whats the porta potty story? Don't think I was around then. 

Just now, Texasrocks said:

We need to diagram this shit... So Caddox's friend's brother-in-law's friend said it is looks good? Any chance this conversation happened in a porta potty?

No, his BFF’s BIL went hunting with someone who was in the room with BMDs. Like 3rd cousin twice removed shit here. That’s like an AAS first hand source. Good as gold.

• Haha 2

All I can gather about last Saturday is that at least two people that put up a lot of money think and said its done because UM basically said, yea ok this all looks good. I couldnt text back and ask for details or anything. 

So Im back on the UM train. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Yeah I'm not going to believe it until I hear it from the brother in law.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Caddox said:

- Tom Herman is toast

Out of rep but will give some tomorrow.

This is like heroin for me.  I'm in the UM or bust camp so I needed some hope with this.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

So where does it currently stand and what led to the cliff dive on that next Sunday?

9.95ers get their info from dipshits like Bianco that know nothing. Im not even sure what CDC knows about what our donors offered Meyer. UM hasnt "rejected" us thats for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic