Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Someone on IT posted a screenshot of FCB thread - FCBis already hedging on the 'Tom Herman is back for 2021' report.  Mentions Patterson telling recruits Mack would be back and then two hours later telling the same recruits that he had just fired Mack.

image.thumb.png.efc786e48a2ba796cd4b9d0b6a5c36bd.png

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Hes better than Patterson. I dont know how you can claim more than that. 

DeLoss made a ton of hires.  All of them were shitty, except Mack, Barnes and Elliott.  Maybe Penders.

And if I can't claim Dodds is worse, because of lack of data, then you lack the data to claim CDC sucks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Just a side note on money - Goldman is raising $100 million Rihanna' clothing line.  

Rihanna seeks investment to scale Savage x Fenty

If they can get $100 million for modified Fruit of the Loom offerings, getting the money to land the coach at Texas is child's play.

Make it happen, dammit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

DeLoss made a ton of hires.  All of them were shitty, except Mack, Barnes and Elliott.  Maybe Penders.

And if I can't claim Dodds is worse, because of lack of data, then you lack the data to claim CDC sucks.

Either way you cant claim hes a better hire. 

All of these places are in bum fuck towns for the most part. Real Estate, construction, etc. is all so much more expensive in Austin compared to Tuscaloosa, college station, you name it. We can continue to compare but it’s a fraction for these other schools to upgrade and build facilities.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Just a side note on money - Goldman is raising $100 million Rihanna' clothing line.  

If they can get $100 million for modified Fruit of the Loom offerings, getting the money to land the coach at Texas is child's play.

Make it happen, dammit.

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Make it happen, dammit.

2, 4, 5, 1, 3, 6

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

A lot of schools with these nice facilities that don't have near as much $$$ available to them, I don't care how many buyouts Texas is having to pay. It doesn't have to be a $100M facility. Just needs to be a lot better. Not a lot of room to deal with around there anyway. 

Just don't see why this should be a continuing problem.  @immamac turned a major shithole into this veritable Taj Majal in one night, with nothing more than three Mcribs a six pack of White Claw and a little black tar heroin. I'm even giving strong consideration to contributing my tree-fiddy in appreciation. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So where do we put the new facilities? Agree that we are way behind and need them, but we're pretty land locked around campus. Only places I see from Google Maps are the current spot but likely have to reroute Red River and take out some parking lots across the street to create more room, or on top of parking lots by the Disch. I think you need it close to campus wherever it ends up.

I don't think the current land alone has enough room for a truly competitive facility/fields.

Edited by Tex-19

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Chip is an ass hat, but probably right here.  

Of course hes right here....because he was so horrendously wrong about his initial article. he wanted to be first to publish what CDC said him. Hell he prob didnt even read the actual statement before hitting publish. anyone with a brain knew what that statement meant. NOTHING

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Fug said:

All of these places are in bum fuck towns for the most part. Real Estate, construction, etc. is all so much more expensive in Austin compared to Tuscaloosa, college station, you name it. We can continue to compare but it’s a fraction for these other schools to upgrade and build facilities.

Like the facility on Lake Michigan in the middle of Chicago?

5 minutes ago, Tigersnake said:

Just don't see why this should be a continuing problem.  @immamac turned a major shithole into this veritable Taj Majal in one night, with nothing more than three Mcribs a six pack of White Claw and a little black tar heroin. I'm even giving strong consideration to contributing my tree-fiddy in appreciation. 

The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum. Is this a final resting place to you?

So where do we put the new facilities? Agree that we are way behind and need them, but we're pretty land locked around campus. Only places I see from Google Maps are the current spot but likely have to reroute Red River and take out some parking lots across the street to create more room, or on top of parking lots by the Disch. I think you need it close to campus wherever it ends up.
I don't think the current land alone has enough room for a truly competitive facility/fields.

Stack that shit to the heavens. Weight facility etc... then practice field up top.

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Of course hes right here....because he was so horrendously wrong about his initial article. he wanted to be first to publish what CDC said him. Hell he prob didnt even read the actual statement before hitting publish. anyone with a brain knew what that statement meant. NOTHING

That's the thing though, he's just reporting things, I don't think he's making shit up like Nahlin is.  Is Chip an asshat?  yes. 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Northwestern is not in the 'middle of Chicago'.  

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Northwestern is in Evanston, sir

Ah, yes, my bad. The real estate in Evanston is dirt cheap. Completely changes the point I was making.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Like the facility on Lake Michigan in the middle of Chicago?

It’s not in Chicago, and was unused land that the school already owned conveniently located close to campus. Seems like they got really lucky. 

One thing I'll say about the indoor facilities-- I 'member, when we built the bubble, and introduced a player's lounge with big-screen TVs and Xboxes and Playstations for the football players, these things were called out as evidence of coddling the players, and reasons why our team was soft.  It was understood that rust-belt teams needed indoor facilities because they live in shithole climates where the weather sucks, but down here in Texico, it was thought to be indicative of the softness of the team.

I'm not saying we shouldn't build new facilities, I'm just pointing out how fickle fans, players, coaches, and "news reporters" can be.  

Just now, closetohumping said:

NU owns that land I think.  If we have available land, let's do it.  What's our option now?  Knocking down Dobie and Players?

Honesty removing some student housing should be considered. There’s ample off campus housing now.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

NU owns that land I think.  If we have available land, let's do it.  What's our option now?  Knocking down Dobie and Players?

Or knocking down where we already have practice facilities? Demo the EC? Move shit around? 

None of this is rocket science. Acting like the University of fucking Texas is somehow hamstrung when it comes to making a few facilities upgrades is insane. 

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Probably need to build the new indoor facility on the denius practice fields and only use the bubble and dkr for practice while that’s happening. Then tear down the bubble to put in outdoor fields or whatever. There isn’t more land to be used, now that the moody is taking up what was left. 
not sure if you can put a nice indoor field above a new weight room, but we’d have to think vertically like that. 

should have demo’d monctief and probably the school of social work and redone the whole area along with the SEZ but that was apparently too much money. Social work could be relocated anywhere, including east of 35 if needed. 

22 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Make it happen, dammit.

1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Make it happen, dammit.

Jesus. I hope this shoot was done pre Covid because some of these heifers need to be practicing strict social distancing now. They're Covid casualties just waiting to happen.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Caddox said:

Agree on the Fox stuff. Completely disagree on the OSU stuff. If you dont understand why he would want to wait to avoid completely undermining OSU's season while they have a chance at a championship, then you dont live in the real world. Its not about him valuing OSU over Texas, its about professional courtesy and basic decency for a group of people he really likes. 

I guess...but that has nothing to do with him accepting now versus later. He doesn’t have to hire any of those people until after the season. I understand distraction, but even if it isn’t formal wouldn’t it still be a distraction now. At least coming out and saying so would limit the amount of rumor and questions swirling.

but the bigger point is that if he was serious about coaching Texas, he’s want to be here ASAP so that he could start working with all aspects of the program. A guy like him, who will have control over the program, would want that. And it really doesn’t seem like it right now

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic