Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I am starting to feel like this thread is the ONLY source for intel for the UT HC search, in particular UM. 

That could be because there isn’t a coaching search. Or it could be bc the media covering the team is populated by mouth breathing morons. 
both are plausible. 

2 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Good or bad, I have a feeling shit's gonna pop off in here this weekend.  

UM's Fox contract expires this Sunday right? If he doesn't renew, that's definitely some smoke. Especially after Barton was yelling about how Urban's getting a "huge raise from FOX".

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I'm for 8 teams.  Each Power 5 conference champ is in plus three wild cards ( actually two since Notre Dame will claim one each year regardless of their record).

That leaves the committee to only pick three teams and then the pairings.   

Yep. P5 champs should be automatic.

Anyone heard from Dan Mullen? He prepping for Bama or too busy getting ready for thte interview with CDC? Article below shows he's clearly distracted

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30539266/dan-mullen-says-think-florida-gators-playoff-chances-win-sec-title-vs-alabama

Edited by 6th Street

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Let me go ahead and tell you fucks something.  Night crew would welcome me with open arms.  In fact, I have a standing offer

Only offer you'll get from night crew is to preemptively pay me for that micro dick bet you made that Tom would still be our coach for 2021 season. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Negative, but wouldn't UM have already extended or re-signed with FOX if that's what he wanted to do?

Let's say we assume there's a behind-curtains plan in place and that Urban will not be re-signing with Fox because he's taking the UT gig. If that's the case, obviously Fox would have already been give a heads up. Also, would think it would be in their and Urban's best interest to take his approach to date of simply ignoring (read: actively avoiding) the elephant in the room...at least until they have his replacement. And if that's how it plays out, silence from Fox & UM + insider rumors would be all we have to read into starting Sunday.

But I could certainly be wrong and that type of development would be a big focus of national media and Fox would address it. Just curious how others think that would unfold, because shit's about to go down one way or another here very soon. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Let's say we assume there's a behind-curtains plan in place and that Urban will not be re-signing with Fox because he's taking the UT gig. If that's the case, obviously Fox would have already been give a heads up. Also, would think it would be in their and Urban's best interest to take this approach to date of simply ignoring (read: actively avoiding) the elephant in the rumor...at least until they have his replacement. And if that's how it plays out, silence from Fox & UM + insider rumors would be all we have to read into starting Sunday.

But I could certainly be wrong and that type of development would be a big focus of national media and Fox would address it. Just curious how others think that would unfold, because shit's about to go down one way or another here very soon. 

If we are in fact getting Urban, it wouldn't shock me if there was news on Herman between next week and Christmas unless there is some sort of financial reason to delay until after the new year. Even if tOSU goes to the playoffs, plenty of coaches take jobs and finish out the playoffs with their old teams. I would imagine it would be faster if they are left out simply because the other bowls are meaningless and you get paid just for showing up. Once a deal is done behind the scenes you will likely see Fox break the story and/or at least get the first big national interview about the move on their college pregame or halftime show. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No. This is BDE. (This is an actual screen shot of a hurricane projection for Delta that I stole from the Daily Texan Weather thread). Knocking up the weather girl was unnecessary as I can tell from her expression. This is BDE and it should be in burnt orange. 

8DDC155D-13DB-4990-9EF8-105A87B8A895.jpeg

Preggers or on a Surly BDE diet?

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Let's say we assume there's a behind-curtains plan in place and that Urban will not be re-signing with Fox because he's taking the UT gig. If that's the case, obviously Fox would have already been give a heads up. Also, would think it would be in their and Urban's best interest to take his approach to date of simply ignoring (read: actively avoiding) the elephant in the room...at least until they have his replacement. And if that's how it plays out, silence from Fox & UM + insider rumors would be all we have to read into starting Sunday.

My guess is UM did tell us he's leaning no due to health, but there's an understanding we'll revisit after tOSU is done. FCB and the rest of the 995ers ran with the story, mainstream media followed, and all the smoke cleared. I doubt national media would focus much on any re-up between UM and Fox.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let's say Notre Dame gets pummeled by 3 tds on Saturday. Yes, that likely means ATM is in the CFP because 2020. However, this isn't an absurd outcome. Clemson has the horses to do it, it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season, and Lea, at least, is already distracted heading into this game.

Let's say Bama beats the shit out of UF because ... well that's likely to happen. 

If either or both of these things happen, and Texas isn't keeping Herman and Texas isn't sitting tight on a Meyer deal, we should start hearing actual buzz if either one of these guys are in play by no later than Tuesday. There is no fucking way a lid can be kept on this shit for much longer with whoever the target is.

The same would be true for Campbell with a loss to OU if he's in play.

If Ohio State loses and we don't hear jack shit about Urban Meyer after that, he's not in the picture. 

It's all weird. There is no fucking buzz. Nothing much is being said about anything. I pushed today about Herman staying or the UM conspiracy being real and was not left much doubt that a) Herman is fucking gone and b) there isn't anything hidden with UM. 

In short, obviously I choose to believe that there is a grand conspiracy at the highest levels and that Tom Herman will be fired and Urban Meyer will be announced as UT's head coach as soon as OSU is out of the NC picture. 

think.png

26 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

What's that plane up to?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let's say Notre Dame gets pummeled by 3 tds on Saturday. Yes, that likely means ATM is in the CFP because 2020. However, this isn't an absurd outcome. Clemson has the horses to do it, it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season, and Lea, at least, is already distracted heading into this game.

Let's say Bama beats the shit out of UF because ... well that's likely to happen. 

If either or both of these things happen, and Texas isn't keeping Herman and Texas isn't sitting tight on a Meyer deal, we should start hearing actual buzz if either one of these guys are in play by no later than Tuesday. There is no fucking way a lid can be kept on this shit for much longer with whoever the target is.

If Ohio State loses and we don't hear jack shit about Urban Meyer after that, he's not in the picture. 

It's all weird. There is no fucking buzz. Nothing much is being said about anything. I pushed today about Herman staying or the UM conspiracy being real and was not left much doubt that a) Herman is fucking gone and b) there isn't anything hidden with UM. 

In short, obviously I choose to believe that there is a grand conspiracy at the highest levels and that Tom Herman will be fired and Urban Meyer will be announced as UT's head coach as soon as OSU is out of the NC picture. 

I'm sure he's on the short list but is interest from Brian Kelly real though? Seems like such a long shot given how the ND program is rolling right now. Feels like he's in a good place.

Mullen I get because he might grow tired of beatings at the hands of Bama. 

29 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
57 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:
No. This is BDE. (This is an actual screen shot of a hurricane projection for Delta that I stole from the Daily Texan Weather thread). Knocking up the weather girl was unnecessary as I can tell from her expression. This is BDE and it should be in burnt orange. 
8DDC155D-13DB-4990-9EF8-105A87B8A895.jpeg.10929934325565f4c8c9fe52d83140a3.jpeg

I don't think she is knocked up.

So it was you then? Such a dick move to blow through town like that and knock up that poor girl. Shame on you. Lmao.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:
8DDC155D-13DB-4990-9EF8-105A87B8A895.jpeg.10929934325565f4c8c9fe52d83140a3.jpeg

I don't think she is knocked up.

amused jaw drop GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have heard no new information for over a week. I continue to be confident that Herman will be gone.

As far as UM goes, it’s either over and Texas has moved onto plan B, or Meyer is one helluva schemer who has purposely leaked that he said no but is actually taking the job. That would be some serious scheming. And I don’t mean that in a negative way.