Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Saint Austin said:

So, forgive me for not reviewing all 90 pages of this thread, but has Urban shown ANY indication, whatsoever, that he might entertain the job here??

nope.  anything posted or reported is made up to generate clicks and $9.95 subscriptions.  this thread is 90 pages of sad embarrassment. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

So, forgive me for not reviewing all 90 pages of this thread, but has Urban shown ANY indication, whatsoever, that he might entertain the job here??

Yes, he has. During the Fox show he does, they had a thing about which is the best college town. I think Brady Quinn said “what about Austin? Are you going to pick Austin, coach?”. Urban responded “I need to think about it”.

• Hook 'Em 1

Boring and bad. This isn’t the 80’s redux. Aggy is t going to the playoff this year or in our lifetimes. I want Herman gone. Hell, I would t mind if he got trampled by Bevo, but let’s not go full retar...Aggy. Christ.

That’s SEC football - outside of Bama and maybe 1-2 others the league is actually dogshit - and some years they still get two in the playoffs. Who are they going to lose to? Tennessee? Ha. They could lose to Auburn, but if they don’t they are no worse than 5th. Cincy is better but will they get a chance? tOSU is better but man they may not even get half a season in at this rate. They should not make the playoffs but they are as close as they’ve ever been, including the FedEx days of Jackie Sherrill.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

And anal fisting.  Don’t forget that

there will be no anal fisting.  not publicly, anyhow.  I could’ve said I’d use a live grenade as a suppository and it wouldn’t have made a difference.  urban isn’t coming to UT so everything in this whole thread is meaningless. 

• Haha 3

That’s SEC football - outside of Bama and maybe 1-2 others the league is actually dogshit - and some years they still get two in the playoffs. Who are they going to lose to? Tennessee? Ha. They could lose to Auburn, but if they don’t they are no worse than 5th. Cincy is better but will they get a chance? tOSU is better but man they may not even get half a season in at this rate. They should not make the playoffs but they are as close as they’ve ever been, including the FedEx days of Jackie Sherrill.

Not even in 2020 would the committee choose a one or two loss 3rd place Aggy over an undefeated cincy. Or maybe I should say especially in 2020. But even then, there are other teams that could challenge Aggy. I just don’t see it.

PS, they look bad if not one dimensional in the game against a very, very, very bad LSU.

If he wasn’t interested in coaching again why wouldn’t he just say No for everybody to hear. He’s interested in his legacy. A guy that motivated to be the best ever can’t let it go. His wife is on Twitter trying to will that shit into existence because she’s scared he’s got that itch again lol. If it ain’t Texas doesn’t change the fact that him wanting to coach again is most likely what started all this noise in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not even in 2020 would the committee choose a one or two loss 3rd place Aggy over an undefeated cincy. Or maybe I should say especially in 2020. But even then, there are other teams that could challenge Aggy. I just don’t see it.

PS, they look bad if not one dimensional in the game against a very, very, very bad LSU.

You’re extremely biased.

I’m not arguing a 2 loss A&M makes anything. But a 1 loss A&M? Yeah they might, and while boring if they can hold the shut out they’ll get a workmanlike label by the SEC media when it comes to it. They won’t be third by argument either - if bama wins the conference and bests Fla then Fla has two losses one to A&M. Look I think they aren’t very good, cincy is MUCH better but the rankings need to show it and A&M is a hell of a lot closer to the playoffs than you’re willing to admit.

In the end I think the top four hold and A&M is left out - as the first one left out. As it is they will come in 4-6 assuming they win out. That’s waaaaay to close for my comfort.
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

he hasn't announced that he is not interested in the Texas opening so therefore he is still interested...

• Hook 'Em 1

If the ags win out, which with only Auburn and Tennessee left is a decent possibility, they will probably make the playoff.  If ND beats Clemson a 2nd time I don't see how they aren't in.  OSU may not play another football game at the rate things are going.

Oh I forgot Clem and ND might play again.

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

there will be no anal fisting.  not publicly, anyhow.  I could’ve said I’d use a live grenade as a suppository and it wouldn’t have made a difference.  urban isn’t coming to UT so everything in this whole thread is meaningless. 

Hmmm.  Your posts have been in this thread.  I guess that would make your posts meaningless too.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

If Clemson wins the rematch in a close game, they're both getting in. 

This. Clemson winning but not blowing out Notre Dame and I don't think they will changes nothing. Plus I don't think aggy retains #5 after that shit show tonight.

This should be the year that the G5 is allowed into the playoffs. Cincinnati passes the eye test.

If Clemson wins the rematch in a close game, they're both getting in. 

I’d definitely prefer that. Or Cincy. Definitely need tOSU to play a few more games or maybe Fla beating Bama (lmao), anything but Aggy but to think they don’t have a chance is pretty preposterous. tOSU gets shut out by covid, ND beats Clem, Clem takes ND behind the woodshed, or an upset we aren’t planning for. Either way, let’s just hope Auburn can beat them and put an end to this and restore order to CFB before Meyer gets here.

52 minutes ago, futureman said:

Already hedging. SMH what a beta cuck 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

0cf6f99782024add84c4b4aee1074b72.jpg
Pay this man whatever he wants and let’s roll.

Here is bigger picture 

Urban Meyer’s teams were 26-3 in “rivalry games.” Bowling Green was 1-1 vs. Toledo; Utah was 2-0 vs. BYU; Florida was 16-2 vs. Florida State, Tennessee and Georgia; and Ohio State was 7-0 vs. Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Exactly. And are we going to just forget that Bama absolutely hammered aggy 52-24?

If Florida shows up against Alabama, they jump the gomers. 

Exactly. And are we going to just forget that Bama absolutely hammered aggy 52-24?
If Florida shows up against Alabama, they jump the gomers. 

I’m not saying they are any good, I’m saying they are headed to being a one loss S-E-C team and that’s waaaaay to close for comfort.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And her follow up

CC4F10AA-3AB4-4EEF-B35E-A6DBD23B8C28.png

Lol. No one is telling her shit.  "don't have to","very likely", "about 19", "a few (2?)", "my guess"

Just a bunch of hesitant language from someone throwing shit against the wall looking for attention. 

I mean she said NOTHING in those tweets that we haven't already heard ad nauseum for weeks now from multiple other sources.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

10,000? Across the state of Texas. With the Horns winning conference championships, then national championships. Beating OU, beating Bama, Beating Clemson. Destroying A&M in long-awaited rematch. Millions of new fans. Fifty million in sales of gear and memorabilia. Advertising revenues. CDC can either be at the head of this bandwagon, or he can fall to the wayside. Herman's history. A new coach is on his way. It needs to be a monster hire.

Este. Pay that man his money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol. No one is telling her shit.  "don't have to","very likely", "about 19", "a few (2?)", "my guess"

Just a bunch of hesitant language from someone throwing shit against the wall looking for attention. 

I mean she said NOTHING in those tweets that we haven't already heard ad nauseum for weeks now from multiple other sources.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

You don’t know shit, the people that are saying he’s coming don’t know shit, so stfu.  Urban is as crafty as they come and has no connections to any dipshit you supposedly roam with.  He could be using this to bump his salary like Gruden did with ESPN for years; “I love the booth, love sleeping at night and making a ton of money, spending time with my family.”  How’d that work out? 

Coaches live to coach; it’s what drives them, gives them purpose.  If you think Urban sits in that booth thinking “I make a lot of money doing little, wife is happy,”  then you don’t have the first clue of what makes these guys tick.  Men like him love to teach, have unquestioned belief in their philosophy, competitors to the extreme degree.  He’s not watching from a cushy booth making millions, he’s watching thinking I can’t wait to kick your ass.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I'm not sure how eager Meyer is to jump back in, in order to compete with Ohio State, right now. We are all aware of how competitive he is. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to stack the deck in his favor. Or to say it a different way, as competitive as he is, it doesn't mean he wants to get into a game where the deck is stacked against him. In this scenario, he built Ohio State into one of the few programs in CFB that legitimately contends for the national title, one that is just chewing up (state of) Texas recruiting right now and who we play in 25-26.

That might be a little too direct for him. 

I'm not sure how eager Meyer is to jump back in, in order to compete with Ohio State, right now. We are all aware of how competitive he is. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to stack the deck in his favor. Or to say it a different way, as competitive as he is, it doesn't mean he wants to get into a game where the deck is stacked against him. In this scenario, he built Ohio State into one of the few programs in CFB that legitimately contends for the national title, one that is just chewing up (state of) Texas recruiting right now and who we play in 25-26.
That might be a little too direct for him. 
A guy like Meyer isn't going to hesitate because we play ohio state in 4 years.

The transfer portal will basically be a free for all in 2021 and a Meyer led Texas will be beneficiaries. That gives him access to a lot of talent and multiple recruiting classes + 4 years time.

Said another way, if Meyer doesn't think he can make us competitive with osu in 4 years, why would he come? A coach at his level should make a team "his" by year 4. Nowhere else that Meyer has coached have his teams not been competing at the highest level by year 4. I have zero concern this would be a reason he'd hesitate, as it just doesn't make sense given his background.

Guys like Meyer will come to places like Texas because they believe that with the built in advantages and their abilities they can build a team who can compete with anyone in the country in four years.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A guy like Meyer isn't going to hesitate because we play ohio state in 4 years.

The transfer portal will basically be a free for all in 2021 and a Meyer led Texas will be beneficiaries. That gives him access to a lot of talent and multiple recruiting classes + 4 years time.

Said another way, if Meyer doesn't think he can make us competitive with osu in 4 years, why would he come? A coach at his level should make a team "his" by year 4. Nowhere else that Meyer has coached have his teams not been competing at the highest level by year 4. I have zero concern this would be a reason he'd hesitate, as it just doesn't make sense given his background.

Guys like Meyer will come to places like Texas because they believe that with the built in advantages and their abilities they can build a team who can compete with anyone in the country in four years.

I wish he had four years. He’d have one season.

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is bigger picture 

Urban Meyer’s teams were 26-3 in “rivalry games.” Bowling Green was 1-1 vs. Toledo; Utah was 2-0 vs. BYU; Florida was 16-2 vs. Florida State, Tennessee and Georgia; and Ohio State was 7-0 vs. Michigan.

In the first year at Utah, Meyer's team held BYU scoreless for the first time in  361 games.  Is that good?

I wish he had four years. He’d have one season.
Well, shit. In his post he said given who we play in 2025, so I just assumed that's when the upcoming series started.

Yeah, a year away isn't ideal, but I still don't think that would be a reason he wouldn't come. Pretty much any coach who comes here right now will know that first game is a tough hill to climb, and more likely hope to have us competitive by the second game in the series.

Who's in 25, then? Is that the Bama series?
  • Like 1

Well, shit. In his post he said given who we play in 2025, so I just assumed that's when the upcoming series started.

Yeah, a year away isn't ideal, but I still don't think that would be a reason he wouldn't come. Pretty much any coach who comes here right now will know that first game is a tough hill to climb, and more likely hope to have us competitive by the second game in the series.

Who's in 25, then? Is that the Bama series?

Sorry, Bama is ‘22-‘23. Ohio Steak must be ‘25-‘26. Originally Ohio Steak was ‘22-‘23.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic