Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, THUJONE said:

Guys, as terrible as it is to get to the point when you've got to fire a head coach, the grey period netherworld of conspiratorial speculation and tangential conclusion drawing based on attenuated and often unrelated facts, is a glorious time. I'm here for it. Give me the unnamed agent quote recycled through five message boards. Give me port-a-potty girl, craps mom or seven-eleven guy. All of them are valid sources and each of them deserves our attention. It's the coaching search, y'all. Welcome aboard.

Agree with all of this but if Lotushorn doesn't come back with some nuclear bombs of sources I'll be very disappointed. 

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I know Lovo was with Herman at UH - does anyone know if Lovo was at Ohio St as well?  Not sure how Shelley Meyer would know him. 

Lovo goes all the way back to Florida in 2006 with Meyer. He then followed Meyer to OSU. So yes, the Meyers know the Lovos

proof: https://www.thepalmettopanther.com/from-palmetto-panther-to-a-houston-cougar/

Edited by taybo20
  • Hook 'Em 1

Been following that 247 thread someone posted a few pages back and the same people (who sound fairly legit in terms of internet message boards) are saying compensation is basically worked out, he and the fam are on board with living in Austin, and the last big hold up is whether wifey will sign off on him returning to the stress of coaching

If he's ever returning, sure seems like this would be the time. He's not getting any younger and he'd allegedly only come back for a few jobs, namely us, USC (could open up in 1-2 years but who knows and Helton's job is looking safe for this year), and ND (not opening anytime soon). He'd be walking into a lot of talent, a few assistants he might want to keep, and a very winnable conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Been following that 247 thread someone posted a few pages back and the same people (who sound fairly legit in terms of internet message boards) are saying compensation is basically worked out, he and the fam are on board with living in Austin, and the last big hold up is whether wifey will sign off on him returning to the stress of coaching

If he's ever returning, sure seems like this would be the time. He's not getting any younger and he'd allegedly only come back for a few jobs, namely us, USC (could open up in 1-2 years but who knows and Helton's job is looking safe for this year), and ND (not opening anytime soon). He'd be walking into a lot of talent, a few assistants he might want to keep, and a very winnable conference. 

Sounds ass backward if you ask me.  You spend all the time negotiating money, before you secure sign off from the wife (if you even feel you need that).  

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I know this is a troll but it made me laugh

Screenshot_20201129-150424.png

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

100% agree. Which is why I paid Eric Nahlin 9.95 about 5 minutes after the Iowa St loss. I absolutely want to know that a guy on OB who is friends with Bobby Kennedy says that Kennedy told him Urban has been reaching out to possible assistants (yes, that was actually posted). I’m here for it all.

2 hours ago, Poolflood said:

2 hours ago, TexasEx said:

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Meyer and Boom -- on the same staff?

DeliriousDenseArgali-small.gif

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Ok guys another bit of news. Fernando Lovo is now following Shelley Xeyer on Twitter. He was not following her 3-5 hours ago. I’ve been drinking all day so kill me if I’m wrong.

Are you sure he wasn't previously following her? His recent follows (can only be seen off of mobile) don't include her. If you recently followed her, then looked back at his follows, she'd probably appear first on mobile.

Just now, Landomatic said:

Yeah, totally a done deal...as long as the wife is cool with it.

image.png.151dfcb48c19a374b87de3f46b86139d.png

I honestly think her opinion doesn’t matter as much as some make it seem. Especially now that their kids are older. It would likely also bring his daughter and son-n-law to Austin as well as QB coach 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I honestly think her opinion doesn’t matter as much as some make it seem. Especially now that their kids are older. It would likely also bring his daughter and son-n-law to Austin as well as QB coach 

When you’re talking that kind of money, I think a lot of other factors don’t really matter. 

The only actual question is: “Do you want to return to coaching?” If he does, he will. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

When you’re talking that kind of money, I think a lot of other factors don’t really matter. 

The only actual question is: “Do you want to return to coaching?” If he does, he will. 

I think it’s even more basic than that, because I think it clear he does want to return.  It’s “will I survive returning to coaching?”

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Either Urban comes back or the last memories are of him unceremoniously retiring after a half season suspension due to Zach Smith wife beating 

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

if he really has health issues you're fucking stupid if you think her opinion doesn't matter much, unless he's gonna Jimmy Johnson this shit.

• Like 1

If I’m laying in bed and I’m Urban mulling this over, it would be very tough to pass up being the freaking King of Texas.

Texas high school coaches would be lined up around the block to work with him.

Edited by Rip76
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic