Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

26 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

In fairness, you've got about as much "proof" that he's not coming as everyone else does that he is coming.  

we're standing around arguing what's going to happen if some dudes throw a couch off roof of a building

futureman is arguing it's not going to sprout wings and fly

so no he doesn't have any proof but he's probably going to look smarter than the "BUT WE REALLY WANT THE COUCH TO FLY" brigade

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, taybo20 said:

You weren't disappointed in the loss? Interesting 

The loss on Friday? Not really. I want him gone. ISU is an out of state, non-factor in recruiting and a team that we own series history with. If I'm okay with losing to anyone on the schedule to get him out the door it's probably them. Okie lite might be a close 2nd. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The loss on Friday? Not really. I want him gone. ISU is an out of state, non-factor in recruiting and a team that we own series history with. If I'm okay with losing to anyone on the schedule to get him out the door it's probably them. Okie lite might be a close 2nd. 

huh...interesting

11 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

huh...interesting

Oops - sorry for being honest about it! I want what's best for the program. Scraping by ISU and KSU to keep Herman around for another month and completely flush our 2021 class down the shitter before getting our asses handed to us in Arlington doesn't seem to be what we need right now. Hopefully I'm not wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm not. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Oops - sorry for being honest about it! I want what's best for the program. Scraping by ISU and KSU to keep Herman around for another month and completely flush our 2021 class down the shitter before getting our asses handed to us in Arlington doesn't seem to be what we need right now. Hopefully I'm not wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm not. 

I think for most here including me, rooting for Texas to win no matter what is not rational or conditional.  It just is. 

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh I’m not saying you are.

but I can be simultaneously disappointed and pissed we lost, and want Herman gone, which I do and have since even last year. I want to win and it sucks when we don’t. But to each their own

15 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Lots of irons in the fire, things are happening. Sit tight, it’s a very fluid situation. We’ll get back to you when we have something more concrete, but rest assured that things are happening behind the scenes and back channel conversations are being had.

i want to believe santa GIF by Sean Solomon

IT

eep that first word in mind as I’m not reporting anything here.

We’re currently monitoring the opt out situation. We’d be surprised if Sam Cosmi is the only player to do so but we don’t know for sure. We’ve heard other players are considering it.

If more opt outs occur, nothing would underline what we’ve been saying for 6 weeks now: we can’t find traces of support for Tom Herman.

Could more opt outs speed up the process? I’m not sure, but I lean towards ‘no’. The timeline is dependent on finding a successor, imo.

There’s a chance the Kansas game doesn’t happen. It’s slated for December 12th. If that game is canceled (it sounds like KU has little interest in playing it) that would make next Saturday’s tilt versus K-State the last of the season. And the last of the Tom Herman era.

Next weekend and perhaps the following Monday is what I think is the most likely timing for significant program changes. Although I can’t rule out sooner. I haven’t heard anything concrete there.

The fact a move hasn’t been made yet tells you there is no positive resolution on Scenario 1 at this time. Gerry makes a good point here: every day Urban isn’t announced drops the percentage of landing Urban just a little bit.

I agree to an extent, however, for all we know the timing could be perfect to solidify an agreement while Herman finishes out the season.

If major news hasn’t broken by next Monday....gulp. Urban would want as long a runway as possible ahead of early signing day on December 16th. Every day that passes thereafter with no news drops the percentages considerably.

We’re not to that point by any stretch

• Hook 'Em 1

IT

The fact a move hasn’t been made yet tells you there is no positive resolution on Scenario 1 at this time. Gerry makes a good point here: every day Urban isn’t announced drops the percentage of landing Urban just a little bit.

Just less than 24 hours after the loss on a Sunday at noon. I don’t think it’s time to start the clock yet. Tomorrow morning is when the ticking begins IMO.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic