Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, wood said:

So you're comparing the misadventures just one guy at Texas to all the collective bad things that happened under Meyer at every stop, when we all know a whole lot more shit was going on than just Sergio Kindle's crazy bullshit. You might have a point if it were as simple as that, if Texas had been even remotely close to squeaky clean under even just Mack. But we weren't even close, and you know it, and your point is fucking stupid. We haven't been clean under Herman. Not under Mack (not just players, but on his coaching staff as well). Not under Royal. Not Fred. Not McWilliams. Probably the cleanest we've been in my lifetime was under Charlie or maybe Mackovick, afaik, and we all saw how they turned out.

Yeah. Cleve Bryant, anyone? He’s a big stain on Mack’s tenure that gets overlooked or outright forgotten. Mack allowed a serial sexual harassing crony to terrorize female employees inside the AD for years. It was worse than the Zach Smith situation. OFN was in a higher position of power and committed harassment, sexual assault, and God knows what else inside the workplace.  And did it all so blatantly out in the open with impunity that his female subordinates had a nickname for him. Imagine if that would have happened at our school two years ago instead of ten. Would have been a category 5 disaster that resulted in multiple firings.

Mack was no saint.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Yeah. Cleve Bryant, anyone? He’s a big stain on Mack’s tenure that gets overlooked or outright forgotten. Mack allowed a serial sexual harassing crony to terrorize female employees inside the AD for years. It was worse than the Zach Smith situation. OFN was in a higher position of power and committed harassment, sexual assault, and God knows what else inside the workplace.  And did it all so blatantly out in the open with impunity that his female subordinates had a nickname for him. Imagine if that would have happened at our school two years ago instead of ten. Would have been a category 5 disaster that resulted in multiple firings.

Mack was no saint.

Holy shit. You weren't joking.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/6973905/texas-longhorns-cleve-bryant-was-fired-sexual-harassment

Edited by LarTXHorn

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you put volleyball against football - the women have 1 compared to the men's zero. So, good for them I guess?

Holistically speaking, men's sports have done much more to keep UT relevant in the past decade, with a golf title, tennis title and 4 swimming and diving titles.

2018-19 (1)
Men's Tennis

2017-18 (1)
Men's Swimming and Diving

2016-17 (1)

2015-16 (1)
Men's Swimming & Diving

2014-15 (1)

2012-13 (1)
Volleyball | Feature

2011-12 (1)
Men's Golf | Feature

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that the women suck and underachieve just as much as the men do and haven't buoyed anything. That decade of volleyball probably should have produced 2 titles as a conservative estimate. It's nice that they got their 1. 

The women at UT USED to clean up - like in the 80s and 90s - with track being good through 2005.

We aren't only counting National Titles, are we?

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They aren’t happy. Apparently, a lot of people are freaked out by the mere thought Urban would coach again—at UT. We have the resources and a fertile recruiting ground. This scares people. It should. If we were actually to land that plane. Lights out. It’s like introducing a new apex predator into an ecosystem. We, UT, haven’t scared teams in a long time. The last time was really VY and our conference opponents were super happy he declared. They couldn’t stop him. People actually didn’t want to play us. As much as I love Colt. And I do. And he was great and we were great with him. Fear was VY and what he could do to you. And yes, I know we had a more complete team. Crazy talented team. People were just intimidated by our QB. 

Yeah, they definitely have a vested interest in keeping Urban "retired." They would no longer be pulling Texas HS kids like they are now and even more immediately, I would think it puts Quinn Ewers back in play.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They aren’t happy. Apparently, a lot of people are freaked out by the mere thought Urban would coach again—at UT. We have the resources and a fertile recruiting ground. This scares people. It should. If we were actually to land that plane. Lights out. It’s like introducing a new apex predator into an ecosystem. We, UT, haven’t scared teams in a long time. The last time was really VY and our conference opponents were super happy he declared. They couldn’t stop him. People actually didn’t want to play us. As much as I love Colt. And I do. And he was great and we were great with him. Fear was VY and what he could do to you. And yes, I know we had a more complete team. Crazy talented team. People were just intimidated by our QB. 

They know their Texas pipeline would dry up real quick if Urban comes here.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, C-Man said:

Yeah, they definitely have a vested interest in keeping Urban "retired." They would no longer be pulling Texas HS kids like they are now and even more immediately, I would think it puts Quinn Ewers back in play.

Put it this way, we land that plane (pushing tin as traffic controllers call it) it is scary. It is too much to hope for. So I, just like most of us, make lists of up and comers and hope we pin the tail on the right hire.

Sure, we would lose some faithful fans if we hired Urban. they may never come back. Though why after sifting through a decade of shit I have no idea why they wouldn’t give Urban a shot. Some just never got over the Mack fire and never will and nothing will be good enough. They need a jellybeans on the desk, sweater vest wearing fire side chat optics  they need the optics. 

Like you mentioned We might turn some recruits back to Texas 

But this is a huge deal if we did. It changes the dynamics of the ecosystem of our conference. And by extension other conferences. Were we to land Meyer. BTW, if he opts out because of his wife I would understand. Not because pussy is undefeated but because if he has the kind of marriage my aunt and uncle do (well did before she got dementia) that is important too. Interesting how this “scumbag” with no morals who allegedly “covered up” for a wife beater might leave the ultimate decision to his wife. What a shitty guy. (Smell the hypocrisy)? 

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. We had a crazy talented team, but VY elevated everyone around him. He was the difference. Defenses literally couldn't stop him, and they knew it going into the games. They had to decide which way he was going to bleed them dry - with the zone read, the pass, or a mix of both. Bringing in Urban Meyer would be the closest thing to putting VY back out on the field with the Horns. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

I got the feeling Urban’s hate started after Herman had been at UT for a while

Urban made those Maryland comments after Tom’s first game at UT. I think Urban has hated Tom for a while. Tom rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he was wearing that UH hat and pumping his new job right as the confetti was dropping and OSU was celebrating their championship victory on the field. And all the alleged behind the scenes shit that caused the Zach Smith drama to become public and Urban to retire from OSU just added more fuel to the existing fireworks between Urban and Tom.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think everyone with any kind of Texas (the state) ties will have puckered butts if UT gets Urban.  I mean, outside of Bama and Clemson, I’d think every team in the country would piss their pants just a little.  Ousucks would.  Aggy definitely would

18 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. We had a crazy talented team, but VY elevated everyone around him. He was the difference. Defenses literally couldn't stop him, and they knew it going into the games. They had to decide which way he was going to bleed them dry - with the zone read, the pass, or a mix of both. Bringing in Urban Meyer would be the closest thing to putting VY back out on the field with the Horns. 

Yep. My point exactly. He scared people. Before VY, it was Ricky. I met a player from Baylor who “tried” to tackle him in a game. His comment was “he fucking ran over me. Or through me. It was like getting hit by a truck.” We need that. We haven’t had that in a while. No one fears UT. They come into our house, like yesterday, senior day. Get dominated for 58 minutes and pull off a win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

People tweeting her are dipshits but if she is the least bit active on Twitter (I'm assuming that she is) she sort of has to respond.  Radio silence is an answer (not necessarily yes of course but it sends the signal it is in play.  Yes is an answer she can't give until it's done so all she can do at the moment is say no.   It's literally what every person in this situation says any time they are asked.

Mack, there are rumors you may leave for Texas?

No, I'm happy here at home with North Carolina.

No is always the answer when asked directly until the answer becomes yes or never is yes.

None of this means Urban is coming but her tweets are not a whole lot of intel and that's the point of "no"...it keeps options open.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you put volleyball against football - the women have 1 compared to the men's zero. So, good for them I guess?

Holistically speaking, men's sports have done much more to keep UT relevant in the past decade, with a golf title, tennis title and 4 swimming and diving titles.

2018-19 (1)
Men's Tennis

2017-18 (1)

2016-17 (1)

2015-16 (1)
Men's Swimming & Diving

2014-15 (1)

2012-13 (1)
Volleyball | Feature

2011-12 (1)
Men's Golf | Feature

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that the women suck and underachieve just as much as the men do and haven't buoyed anything. That decade of volleyball probably should have produced 2 titles as a conservative estimate. It's nice that they got their 1. 

The women at UT USED to clean up - like in the 80s and 90s - with track being good through 2005.

Do big 12 titles lol. That can’t be equal. Men’s basketball and football shit the bed there. Maybe women clean up on conference titles. 

Mack was no saint.
Let's calm it down there, he did not commit sexual assault in the workplace. Is that had happened Mack would have been fired way earlier before he had a chance to dream the program down.

He sure as hell sexually harassed damn near every young female working in the office though.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

Let's calm it down there, he did not commit sexual assault in the workplace. Is that had happened Mack would have been fired way earlier before he had a chance to dream the program down.

He sure as hell sexually harassed damn near every young female working in the office though.

Groping her boob in the office is sexual assault these days

2 hours ago, LarTXHorn said:

You must be a young’un. That was/is common knowledge round these parts. That was the beginning of the end for Mack. Cleve  was his fix-it man (benson tv deal, kindle crashing into Orange Tree were two of higher profile rows I’m sure he was involved in). We played like ass ( the kirkendoll drop changed the feel of that game) vs. Neb in Dallas, the first game sans OFN (believe he got held off the travel party) and things went down hill from the there, mack never recovered. Not sure they are related but the timing of our downfall coincided with Mack’s right hand man getting exposed, suspended , subsequently fired. Big law suit ensued and it became a shit show. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, troph said:

Watching Aggy up 10-0 on LSU on thanksgiving weekend and #5 in the country has some really fucking bad 1980s/1990s vibes to it. Shit could get out of control really fucking quick if CDC doesn’t do right.

Lol they both look like boring shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Another major issue for OSU fans is the massive cognitive dissonance that would result from Urban taking the job.  They can't fathom the idea that he would want to work anywhere but Buckville.

20 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol they both look like boring shit.

Yeah but it’s a free commercial for them. With that big #5 by their name, beating the defending champ (I know I know ) on a night where they’re the only game on..its major coup for them.  Not their fault they are playing swoopes 2.0. 

Edited by jdhorn92

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

Kissing someone against their will is not just harassment.  It's assault right?

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Let’s not get carried away....

Vince has already committed to coming back for another year if Urban gets hired. 

Cleve Bryant was a jerk to me for no reason other than he could be. I thought it karma when it all came tumbling down on him.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Replace them with 10,000 new fans probably when we start skullfucking people.

10,000? Across the state of Texas. With the Horns winning conference championships, then national championships. Beating OU, beating Bama, Beating Clemson. Destroying A&M in long-awaited rematch. Millions of new fans. Fifty million in sales of gear and memorabilia. Advertising revenues. CDC can either be at the head of this bandwagon, or he can fall to the wayside. Herman's history. A new coach is on his way. It needs to be a monster hire.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic