Texas opens as a 10.5 point favorite v Texas Tech

TexasMan

Look for Texas to win 27-24, another boring walk off chip shot from dicker. I’d definitely take the under, the Texas D has tightened up and the offense has gone to shit recently. For some reason I just feel like it’ll be the most poorly played, ugly game for both teams all year. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Look for Texas to win 27-24, another boring walk off chip shot from dicker. I’d definitely take the under, the Texas D has tightened up and the offense has gone to shit recently. For some reason I just feel like it’ll be the most poorly played, ugly game for both teams all year. 

Whatever you say the opposite will definitely happen. Your sports takes have and always will be awful. 

Go back to the baseball board and jack off to your Aaron Judge poster in your parents basement.

Edited by Girdwood
  • Like 1

Amazing you look at the slate of the last week of the regular season, games like Baylor @ Kansas (looking to avoid a possible upset as they look ahead to the title game), WVU @ TCU (TCU still playing to attain bowl eligibility), ISU @ KSU (could determine who gets 3rd place in the league and a big upgrade in bowl possibilities), OKL @ OSU (Bedlam series, plus OU still trying to impress committee to get a CFP spot), and then our game.  Easily the most meaningless game of the weekend, the most meaningless of our season other than maybe Rice), and really just seeing if we end up in the bowl game down the road in Houston that's apparently now named after our mediocrity.  I honestly know more Tech fans going to this game than Longhorn fans.

Having said that, that Iowa State -5 @ Kansas State surprises me a bit.  Any thoughts there from y'all?  

16 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Take the under, bet Tech to cover.  Then buy the kids and the missus something extra nice for Christmas with all the money you make.

Seriously, I know Tech is bad...but I have a hard time believing they are 10.5 points worse than Texas bad.

Tech has an upcoming QB but for now he isn't as good as he'll be later on. But if he gets on a roll it might be another UT loss just waiting to happen. And Tom can't afford any more negs.

10 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m in the final week of a Big 12 + SEC survivor league and I need Texas to win to close it out. I originally thought that was a safe plan.

As I was explaining it to the wife, she said “Can’t you pick Tech?” Why yes, I suppose that option also exists.

Unfortunately, not a bad option.