The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

31 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

farce? fuck you.

You don't it farcical that the dem's attempt to hold Trump accountable not only never had any hope of actually accomplishing its intended goal, but instead will only make it more likely that he serves a second term?  

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You don't it farcical that the dem's attempt to hold Trump accountable not only never had any hope of actually accomplishing its intended goal, but instead will only make it more likely that he serves a second term?  

You're right, there is no way dotus steps on his little mushroom dick between now and November.

Concern troll is concerned...

2 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

You're right, there is no way dotus steps on his little mushroom dick between now and November.

Concern troll is concerned...

I'm not saying he's going to win.  I'm saying that, as one would expect, impeachment has heightened polarization which is driving his improving approval numbers, which will make Trump ultimately harder to beat by the dem nominee later this year.  That doesn't mean Trump is necessarily going to win, but the only material consequence of the impeachment farce has been to make it more likely that Trump will maintain his power.  

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

the only farce in this whole shitshow has been on the R side. there is no disagreeing. the R's have gaslit the fuck out this country so most rubes don't know which end is up. But those of us with half a brain see through the bullshit. The R's stonewalled this entire process and so sure, to the dumbass masses, it looks like it was a sham and a farce.

• Like 1

That's the brilliance of being simply and purely evil.  There was no losing for the GOP.

Option 1 -- leave the Dems utterly impotent, sitting there holding their dicks and do nothing about the Trump admin's shameless and proud criminality: GOP WIN.

Option 2 -- act so shamelessly that the Dem house has no choice but to impeach, where it goes to a firewall GOP Senate that will never remove Trum: GOP WIN.

There is no winning move.  There is no good option.  There is no way out of this.  Nobody is going to come save us.  The end is inevitable.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The Republican Party will go on record tomorrow that it is a criminal enterprise beholden to a criminal. Good. Needed to happen. 

Next week trump will step on his dick again and the poll numbers will go down. Or he won’t and the poll numbers will still go down anyway. 

In November trump will lose if he hasn’t either stroked out by then or manages to steal the election again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That's the brilliance of being simply and purely evil.  There was no losing for the GOP.

Option 1 -- leave the Dems utterly impotent, sitting there holding their dicks and do nothing about the Trump admin's shameless and proud criminality: GOP WIN.

Option 2 -- act so shamelessly that the Dem house has no choice but to impeach, where it goes to a firewall GOP Senate that will never remove Trum: GOP WIN.

There is no winning move.  There is no good option.  There is no way out of this.  Nobody is going to come save us.  The end is inevitable.

giphy.gif

This. I still think it was better to impeach and fail at removal. Trump could've nuked New York City and the Republicans in the Senate wouldn't have voted to remove him, so holding for a better charge wasn't a viable option.

I do think they fucked impeachment up tactically though by limiting it to only two counts. The polls today might look pretty much the same if they had impeached for a wider range of conduct, but I think the lasting damage done to Trump through the rest of the year would have been greater if they'd impeached him for, for example, abusing his power to pay himself millions of taxpayer dollars.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I do think they fucked impeachment up tactically though by limiting it to only two counts. The polls today might look pretty much the same if they had impeached for a wider range of conduct, but I think the lasting damage done to Trump through the rest of the year would have been greater if they'd impeached him for, for example, abusing his power to pay himself millions of taxpayer dollars

No reason they can't impeach again.  Though I don't think that's politically wise because it will just look like sour grapes.  Investigations and releasing findings by the House should continue up to and through the election.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

No reason they can't impeach again.  Though I don't think that's politically wise because it will just look like sour grapes.  Investigations and releasing findings by the House should continue up to and through the election.

Agreed.

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This. I still think it was better to impeach and fail at removal. Trump could've nuked New York City and the Republicans in the Senate wouldn't have voted to remove him, so holding for a better charge wasn't a viable option.

I do think they fucked impeachment up tactically though by limiting it to only two counts. The polls today might look pretty much the same if they had impeached for a wider range of conduct, but I think the lasting damage done to Trump through the rest of the year would have been greater if they'd impeached him for, for example, abusing his power to pay himself millions of taxpayer dollars.

It's shocking that this unregenerate reprobate has a higher approval rating than either Clinton or Obama had at the same point in their presidencies.

Trumpian, "Clinton killed Jeffrey Epstein because he was involved."

Trump uses noted Epstein lawyer Dershowitz for legal team, Trumpian "the man is a stable genius. trump is not impeachable. he is a constitutional wizard. trump has the best lawyer team!"

Me to Trumpian, "You know Dershowitz is accused of participating with Epstein and defended him as a lawyer. I thought you were against anybody involved with Epstein. You think it is a coincidence that Trump is a noted perve and uses the same perve lawyer? You know Star also got Epstein out of jail time?"

Trumpian, "Derp."

Edited by pacman

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

In case anybody was sitting on pins and needles wondering how Susan Collins would vote. “He committed a crime, but it wasn’t a bad enough crime.”

bribing a foreign government to interfere in our elections isn't a serious threat to our governmental institutions, nor is demanding everyone who knows about it to shut the fuck up and not talk to the governmental branch actually endowed with power by the framers. 

fuck right off bitch. 

• Like 5

It's gonna be fun when the encryption debate comes round again, and we're asked by the GOP to "trust us, we won't abuse it" and then get vapid nothing-answers when we point out that by their own admission the president has already abused his powers and it's perfectly fine in their book.

29 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Hopefully this vote seals her fate in November.

I think it will. After Gardner she is the most likely republican senator to lose by far. Trump is not liked in Maine. Her only hope is there are a bunch of rural whites in her state, so its still an unknown.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/05/sen-mitt-romney-will-vote-to-convict-trump-breaking-with-fellow-republicans-110848

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) will vote to convict President Donald Trump in the impeachment trial on the charge of abuse of power, becoming the only Republican to break with the president and his party.

"The grave question the Constitution tasks senators to answer is whether the president committed an act so extreme and egregious that it rises to the level of a “high crime and misdemeanor.”

”Yes, he did," Romney said.

The move denies Trump the unanimous Republican support he had sought and is sure to invite an avalanche of attacks from the president and his allies.

• Like 1

Schumer should be over there discussing a potential switch of parties with Romney... 

That would blast open the potential of the GOP losing the Senate this year.

btw, I know Romney isnt going to switch and Mcconnell isn't going to criticize or push Romney away.  each GOP senator is too important for that.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Schumer should be over there discussing a potential switch of parties with Romney... 

That would blast open the potential of the GOP losing the Senate this year.

btw, I know Romney isnt going to switch and Mcconnell isn't going to criticize or push Romney away.  each GOP senator is too important for that.

Can't wait for his niece to disavow him as a relative.