Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

15 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I watched De Blasio's news conference earlier, and he was adamant about keeping NYC schools open.  They've got it far worse than Houston or Dallas.  I wonder what the reasoning is.

I know he stated on one of the shows earlier in the week that closing schools would mean massive amounts of kids wouldn't get food.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Yes I am! The beds are clean and I just go for the booz, the bikinis, the beach, and to fuck. The real giveaway I have a case of the poors is I fly southwest down there. I typically take 2 to 4 vacations a year and I definitely don't have an unlimited budget, so I go for quantity over quality. It's definitely hell being poor. Lol 

I had to go once for a friend's wedding. The buffet restaurants there were already a hotbed of nastiness. Add coronavirus to the mix. Wish you the best in the next life.

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I was looking forward to working through my back stock of booze over the next month or so, and then a few wet blankets on this here website had to go and share their party-pooper knowledge that drinking dulls the immune system.  Riding out the plague sober is gonna suck.  

I figure if I stock up and never leave my house I can drink to my hearts content.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

@RayDog check in please

He is also ending travel of people from countries with community transmission,  which ends most foreign travel. So I am stuck here for the duration. My calculation is that there will be 10 million cases in metro Manila in 4 to 5 weeks with illnesses peaking there a couple weeks after. Angeles won't be far behind. I just got a DM from my most recent ex asking about treating a fever. I will tell her don't,  since that is how the body fights off a virus.

I have not gone out the past two nights but I am not changing my habits yet. I still go out to eat breakfast and dinner with my best friend  here. I am resigned to getting it and hope I survive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That's a good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  

Not really a good point.  Some schools here are 5k kids, when you consider exponential growth factor of this virus that's a lot of people to put at risk for a meal program.  I'm not saying cut the kids off, but the kids have been identified, send them rations.  (also not perfect solution) but there is a lot less risk to the economy and lives.

I'm also salty because my kids school district (6th largest in the US) came out and said they will stay open as long as possible.  This was one of the excuses given, the other was child care.  Fucking child care

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

I'd be curious to know how the traffic on this thread compares to past top threads?  Figurelli, Kevin Morgan, Paul Batrice....

It's actually pretty crazy.  The thread is updating about every 10 seconds.  Makes me wonder how on earth the recruiting threads got into the high hundreds.  

1 hour ago, Digdogger said:

I think your friend called me too.  I will try to upload, but its basically just a lot of heavy, breathy breathing and occasionally a few moans.

Sorry about that.  I thought I had dialed South Austin's mom's number.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It's actually pretty crazy.  The thread is updating about every 10 seconds.  Makes me wonder how on earth the recruiting threads got into the high hundreds.  

recruitniks are very passionate and territorial

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Negged for embedding an autoplay with sound. First rule of internet club..

what a fucking whore you are. everybody be sure to give Brad some pos rep so he can sleep well tonight.

Edited by Hmmm

Testing. Our inability to get this done is one of the biggest barrier to good public health decisions. Our country has seriously screwed this up.

Without appropriate testing, radical social distancing is about the only way to slow this down. Unfortunately it’s putting our economy in the crapper.

1 hour ago, Loco said:

somebody is going to be cranky

Guido- "Hey Tony, come over here, ya see this book I found about some shit called the plague. Maybe we should learn from this." 

Tony (Anthony to the Church) "Guido, forget about it. Bring me some more Lambrusco" 

"Ok Tony, hey did you check out the ass on Nun Snooky?"

41 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I was looking forward to working through my back stock of booze over the next month or so, and then a few wet blankets on this here website had to go and share their party-pooper knowledge that drinking dulls the immune system.  Riding out the plague sober is gonna suck.  

Fuck that.  If that were true, I wouldn't even have an immune system any more.

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Guido- "Hey Tony, come over here, ya see this book I found about some shit called the plague. Maybe we should learn from this." 

Tony (Anthony to the Church) "Guido, forget about it. Bring me some more Lambrusco" 

"Ok Tony, hey did you check out the ass on Nun Snooky?"

Nun Hah! More like altar boy Bobby.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away