Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

44 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

They need to distribute it in Popeyes chicken sandwiches 

Karen from the moms in know Facebook doesn't eat Popeye's. You're going to have to distribute the Covid vaccine in essential oils and Thrive packets.

• Haha 1

Please, when Ohio is doing better than you at managing a crisis, it deserves scorn across multiple forums. 

The title of this thread expressly says, in allcaps, "NO POLITICS ALLOWED." Yet you wrote:

This is what happens when your governor is too big a pussy to make the call.  What a fucking hack Abbott is.

That's bashing Abbott, plain and simple. For the love of god, can we please not cloak up this thread?
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

That's bashing Abbott, plain and simple. For the love of god, can we please not cloak up this thread?

We can’t talk about the policies being implemented, or not being implemented?  Do you watch sports and yell at people “DON’T TALK ABOUT THE COACHING DECISIONS!” 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Agreed. Everyone I've ever met with a 3D printer, and my old company sold them, is itching like a junkie to use them for anything. Whatever. Whenever. For whoever.

I sent that link to my daughter, and she immediately said she was going up to the lab to make masks.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If our leaders fuck up, we should just ignore it?  Do you watch sports and yell at people “DON’T TALK ABOUT THE COACHES!”

There's a thread in the CR for it. It's not helpful here.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

What kind of safe space do you need man?   He called the governor a pussy and that he was slow and indecisive.  He didn't talk at all about his political policies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Why is she saying Millennials here when the generation she's speaking of is Gen Z?

Yet one more reason the entire concept of naming generations is stupid. In this situation an official should be referring to age groups. People 75+ are most at risk. People 65+ are at elevated risk. However, adults under 40 are carrying the disease. Et cetera.

Shit just causes confusion all so people can mentally compartmentalize themselves and "others" into groups to bash.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

The title of this thread expressly says, in allcaps, "NO POLITICS ALLOWED." Yet you wrote:

I see Tom Herman bashed outside of the football forum sometimes. Never once seen someone freak out about it and tell the person that it's only allowed in the football forum.

Holding people who are in charge accountable for not acting doesn't really seem unreasonable to me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:
44 minutes ago, Digdogger said:
If my small business employs only midgets, am I already ok?

They each still count as a single person. Now people without legs and/or arms may qualify.

Oh right because of their big heads

• Like 1

Can anyone comment on the reports from Japan about the positive results from this "Japanese Flu drug?"  Is this a viable mitigation option worldwide? Is this something that could be rolled out within a short time? Way too soon to even speculate?  Apologies if already discussed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I edited it - I think policies that directly affect us should be addressed.    I avoid the CR thread for a reason.  

This.  The decisions (or indecision) by the Texas Governor affect us (or you guys, I'm in Colorado) 100%.  I'm not bashing his political positions or his party.  I'm addressing his idiotic inactions that are going to cause more confirmed cases because local governments are going to go their own way.    They're idiots too.  

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I edited it - I think policies that directly affect us should be addressed in this thread.    I avoid the CR thread for a reasons. 

I agree completely, it's fucking part of the game thread to bitch about a bubble screen on 3rd and long. It should be part of the thread here to bitch about how the decisions being made right now aren't addressing what will be a problem in two weeks. Or how decisions made two weeks ago are fucking us today. It's not about red or blue, it's about being knowledgable and informed about a literally existential threat and how our society is working to address it.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 2

The good news is that work is still rolling in. 

The bad news is that I’m working from home and the fucking road crew didn’t call Miss Utility and took out the main Verizon line for the entire neighborhood.  Fuckwads. 

ETA: iPad has cellular service so I’m not completely dead in the water. I’m high risk or I’d go rent a hotel room for the day. I have no desire to be in a public place frequented by travelers. 

Edited by VABuckeye

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away