CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

25 minutes ago, Tuco said:

His entire approach to the virus is to figure out the best way to contain its effect on the stock market.  That's his only priority, because it's his main argument for re-election.  It will get so many more people killed. 

He should stop talking about it then because every time he does the Dow tanks. 

28 minutes ago, Tuco said:

His entire approach to the virus is to figure out the best way to contain its effect on the stock market.  That's his only priority, because it's his main argument for re-election.  It will get so many more people killed. 

Alan Dershowitz says, “Be that as it may, corporations are people.  Thus the President’s focus on the economy is him focusing on public health and saving lives.”

Justice Kennedy nods in agreement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since 100,000 is a nice round number, can this dumb ass look at his own tweet and realize his ‘far less than 1% mortality rate’ quote that he’s been telling anyone with a microphone is probably not close to accurate.  

Also, would you fuck someone who had a similar blasé attitude towards HIV testing?

Take that condom off.  I want to feel you cum inside me.  No, never been tested.  I mean, I am sure I don't have it.  I don't do heroin.  I'm obviously not a gay man, teehee.  I don't have AIDS or anything.  I hardly ever get sick.  Come on, baby, it will be okay.  Trust me...

But we will fucking elect someone like that to be our goddamn President.

Edited by Goredho

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

Alan Dershowitz says, “Be that as it may, corporations are people.  Thus the President’s focus on the economy is him focusing on public health and saving lives.”

Justice Kennedy nods in agreement.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Since 100,000 is a nice round number, can this dumb ass look at his own tweet and realize his ‘far less than 1% mortality rate’ quote that he’s been telling anyone with a microphone is probably not close to accurate.  

That tweet is ripe for cross examination.

”You believe that COVID-19 is fatal in only 0.01% of cases, correct?”

”That is true globally, Mr. President?”

”And by ‘globally,’ you understand I mean everywhere that this disease has been found?”

”So it is your belief that the strain of COVID-19 present in the United States has a fatality rate of 0.01%, correct?”

“And that means that, out of every 10,000 people who are infected with the disease, on average only 1 will die from it?”

“You do understand how percentages and fatality rates work, Mr. President?”

”You tweeted that there have been 11 deaths in the United States from COVID-19?”

”That number of deaths you reported in your tweet was accurate?”

”So it is your sincere beliefs, sitting here today, that 11 Americans have died from COVID-19?”

”Do you know how to use the number of deaths and the fatality rate to calculate the number of cases of COVID-19 that exist in the population?”

”You do that by dividing the number of deaths by the fatality rate, right?”

”So, for 11 deaths and a 0.01% fatality rate the number of cases in the US is equal to 11 divided by 0.0001, right?”

”And that works out to 110,000 cases, correct?”

”I see you’re thinking about my last question.  Would it help if I gave you a calculator?”

”So based on what you believe to be the number of deaths from COVID-19 in the US and what you believe to be the disease’s fatality rate, there must be around 110,000 cases of COVID-19 in the US?”

”But your administration only knows about 129 of those cases?”

”Why haven’t you identified the other 109,871 Americans who are currently sick with COVID-19?”

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That tweet is ripe for cross examination.

”You believe that COVID-19 is fatal in only 0.01% of cases, correct?”

”That is true globally, Mr. President?”

”And by ‘globally,’ you understand I mean everywhere that this disease has been found?”

”So it is your belief that the strain of COVID-19 present in the United States has a fatality rate of 0.01%, correct?”

“And that means that, out of every 10,000 people who are infected with the disease, on average only 1 will die from it?”

“You do understand how percentages and fatality rates work, Mr. President?”

”You tweeted that there have been 11 deaths in the United States from COVID-19?”

”That number of deaths you reported in your tweet was accurate?”

”So it is your sincere beliefs, sitting here today, that 11 Americans have died from COVID-19?”

”Do you know how to use the number of deaths and the fatality rate to calculate the number of cases of COVID-19 that exist in the population?”

”You do that by dividing the number of deaths by the fatality rate, right?”

”So, for 11 deaths and a 0.01% fatality rate the number of cases in the US is equal to 11 divided by 0.0001, right?”

”And that works out to 110,000 cases, correct?”

”I see you’re thinking about my last question.  Would it help if I gave you a calculator?”

”So based on what you believe to be the number of deaths from COVID-19 in the US and what you believe to be the disease’s fatality rate, there must be around 110,000 cases of COVID-19 in the US?”

”But your administration only knows about 129 of those cases?”

”Why haven’t you identified the other 109,871 Americans who are currently sick with COVID-19?”

But he is so smart . . . 

Trumper at work was talking loudly in the hall a few moments ago about how stupid California is declaring a state of emergency over one death.  Droning on endlessly about how idiotic that state is, and this is overblown, and whatnot.

I asked him if he was planning on going to California anytime soon; he told me no.  I then asked why did he care what the state of California is doing, if it doesn't pertain to him.  He just kind of stared off, and said this whole thing is fake.

I just walked off after that. There's no point in debating someone who is just choosing to believe whatever reality they want to.

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trumper at work was talking loudly in the hall a few moments ago about how stupid California is declaring a state of emergency over one death.  Droning on endlessly about how idiotic that state is, and this is overblown, and whatnot.

I asked him if he was planning on going to California anytime soon; he told me no.  I then asked why did he care what the state of California is doing, if it doesn't pertain to him.  He just kind of stared off, and said this whole thing is fake.

I just walked off after that. There's no point in debating someone who is just choosing to believe whatever reality they want to.

Someone needs to start dropping little hints to Donnie of how Obama believes the Earth is round.  They can't say sphere, that would go over his head.

Edited by Goredho

8 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Here’s to seeing a more rapid ramp up of testing now that funding is in place.

unfortunately you can’t pay 9 women to have a baby in a month.

I'm pretty sure we will pay 9 women to have a baby in a month.  The project will just be overbudget and behind schedule.  It's the government. 

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Sentate passed Coronavirus bill. 

This should find its way into the Rand Paul thread:

Washington (CNN)The Senate voted on Thursday to overwhelmingly approve a sweeping spending package to direct billions of dollars toward the US government's response to the coronavirus outbreak as lawmakers scramble to fight the spread of the disease.

The package will next be sent to the White House for the President's signature. It passed the House on Wednesday with broad, bipartisan support.

The finally tally for the Senate vote was 96-1. Sen. Rand Paul was the lone senator to vote against the measure. Ahead of the vote on final passage, the Kentucky Republican also offered an amendment to the coronavirus funding package that would offset costs by canceling some foreign aid spending. But the Senate voted to table, or kill, the motion.

Just now, bolverk said:

Washington (CNN)The Senate voted on Thursday to overwhelmingly approve a sweeping spending package to direct billions of dollars toward the US government's response to the coronavirus outbreak as lawmakers scramble to fight the spread of the disease.

The package will next be sent to the White House for the President's signature. It passed the House on Wednesday with broad, bipartisan support.

The finally tally for the Senate vote was 96-1. Sen. Rand Paul was the lone senator to vote against the measure. Ahead of the vote on final passage, the Kentucky Republican also offered an amendment to the coronavirus funding package that would offset costs by canceling some foreign aid spending. But the Senate voted to table, or kill, the motion.

Agree it should. Who were the other three or did we lose three to Coronavirus and no one is telling us? 

Highest rating for coronavirus ever, Mr President?   Congrats on an award you just invented today for a virus that didn’t exist a few weeks ago.  Your parents must be so proud.  

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Government should stay out of the business of preventing pandemics. Coordinating the fight against infectious disease on a global scale is best left to free individuals acting of their own accord and in their own self-interest, unburdened by the tyranny of bureaucracy or fiat money.  

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

oh, he is so principled. How did he vote on the Tax Cuts in 2017 that is going to add anywhere from $500 billion to a $1 trillion dollars to the deficit in the next 10 years?

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Government should stay out of the business of preventing pandemics. Coordinating the fight against infectious disease on a global scale is best left to free individuals acting of their own accord and in their own self-interest, unburdened by the tyranny of bureaucracy or fiat money.  

Image result for washing hands animated gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Indeed, and while there may be some temporary discomfort, this is just a normal market correction that will...

I CANT BREATH!

SHUT THE FUCK UP GRANDMA!

As I was saying, this is just a temporary market correction to, uh... the world's population... that will soon stabilize.

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It's obvious nobody can shut this asshole up.  Tweeting shit like that when we've only tested TWO THOUSAND people is beyond dangerous.

We all know he is internally bitchmade, but you know what he sounds like is someone with a serious drug problem.

Say one thing one day, the next day completely contradict himself or just say he never said it in the first place.

Mood swings out of nowhere. Jumpy and nonsensical.  That somebody coming up and down off dope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

THE DEMS ARE PLAYING POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should tweet back: "April 1, 2009 DJIA: 8,380. April 1, 2010 DJIA: 10,460.  I guess people just had more confidence in Obama." 

It's meaningless and irrelevant, but it would piss him off. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SameSame said:

We all know he is internally bitchmade, but you know what he sounds like is someone with a serious drug problem.

Say one thing one day, the next day completely contradict himself or just say he never said it in the first place.

Mood swings out of nowhere. Jumpy and nonsensical.  That somebody coming up and down off dope.

It is bizarre to me how much of his behavior could easily be explained with him simply saying, "You know what America?  I've been drinking massive amounts each day in secrecy and that would explain my ebb and flow on so many things."  I'd simply think to myself, "Makes sense", forgive him, and move on to the 2020 elections. 

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah we need to do much better than this. Is this because there are still so few reliable tests? If so, let's stop trying to get whatever test we have to work and go all in on the test the WHO and everyone else is using. The fuck are we doing?

Yeah we need to do much better than this. Is this because there are still so few reliable tests? If so, let's stop trying to get whatever test we have to work and go all in on the test the WHO and everyone else is using. The fuck are we doing?

Our big pharma doesn’t own the WHO tests. Who’s gonna profit from THAT?

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk