CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

can we also acknowledge the fact that we're so used to this garbage that exactly zero people have pointed out that trump is wearing a "keep america great" hat while he's touring the fucking cdc?

That whole scene and his comments were fucking crazy. 

Andy Kaufman performance art type crazy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

can we also acknowledge the fact that we're so used to this garbage that exactly zero people have pointed out that trump is wearing a "keep america great" hat while he's touring the fucking cdc?

That trump is senile and a complete and total piece of shit has been baked into the narrative, whether you support him or not. He is the absolute worst person in the world to lead the county during this. He’s gonna have to stop his hate rallies though. More time to tweet out lies on twitter.

Just now, JimmyJames said:

That trump is senile and a complete and total piece of shit has been baked into the narrative, whether you support him or not. He is the absolute worst person in the world to lead the county during this. He’s gonna have to stop his hate rallies though. More time to tweet out lies on twitter.

He can't stop them.  In other words, he's bragged on and on (and supported by Hannity, Rush, etc) that this is all nothing, he's in command of the situation, the US has "whipped" this, etc.

For the president to call off rallies over this is a potential sign to the loyal flock that maybe, just maybe he's not on the up and up over this.

Then again, a rally will be canceled, and he will just blame it on the deep state in whatever city the rally was to be held in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Government should do nothing. Let the market decide. Durr. 

the louis ck peanut allergy joke comes to mind.

of course large rallies should be cancelled.  of course they should.  of course.  but maybe...if you're attending a trump rally...you're supposed to die.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He can't stop them.  In other words, he's bragged on and on (and supported by Hannity, Rush, etc) that this is all nothing, he's in command of the situation, the US has "whipped" this, etc.

For the president to call off rallies over this is a potential sign to the loyal flock that maybe, just maybe he's not on the up and up over this.

Then again, a rally will be canceled, and he will just blame it on the deep state in whatever city the rally was to be held in.

Unfortunately no rallies scheduled

33 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Who's going to be able to get a picture of Trump golfing at Mar a Lago this weekend?

This could be his Nero moment.

He really won't be able to resist.  Maybe not this weekend...but sometime in the next two weeks, he will HAVE to go there and play golf (and siphon more federal dollars into his pocket).  It's all he knows how to do, and he's a fucking child who can't deny himself his selfish pleasures.

23 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He wore the same hat today while touring Nashville surveying damage.  In other words, he has used two of our countries major news stories this week as campaign props.

Well, of course.  Because that's exactly the kind of piece of shit that he is.  It's completely on-brand.  For fuck's sake, he did a thumbs-up photo with a baby whose mother died shielding her from a racist murderer in El Paso.  This is what he does.

22 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

That whole scene and his comments were fucking crazy. 

Andy Kaufman performance art type crazy.

It's only going to get crazier.  The more he feels like he's losing control of the narrative, the crazier it will get.

Right now, we're at the "it's all falling apart" fighting over access to the lifeboats stage.  This stage is still to come:

DecisiveHastyGorilla-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Aren't they the same guy?

Ted's the older of the two. He's the gun nut and hunting advocate that literally shit his pants to avoid going to Vietnam, where the prey shoots back.  He shit his pants.   He's a pussy of the 1st order. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Ted's the older of the two. He's the gun nut and hunting advocate that literally shit his pants to avoid going to Vietnam, where the prey shoots back.  He shit his pants.   He's a pussy of the 1st order. 

Let he who HASN'T shit his pants cast the first stone, man.

The truly sad part is that he doesn't care in the least or give any thought to the actual health of the people affected.

He said it himself, plain as day, he only cares about the numbers as it pertains to his perception.  He is truly a scumbag of a human being.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

The truly sad part is that he doesn't care in the least or give any thought to the actual health of the people affected.

He said it himself, plain as day, he only cares about the numbers as it pertains to his perception.  He is truly a scumbag of a human being.

He'll tweet out tomorrow that he never said that.  And his cult followers will fall in line.

2 minutes ago, DigDug said:

He'll tweet out tomorrow that he never said that.  And his cult followers will fall in line.

Bingo.  The lies flow like water, and the cult guzzles them without hesitation.

When cult members start dying, and/or start losing their jobs and their homes due to the recession caused in part by his utter mismanagement of the situation, that's going to be interesting to watch.

SXSW cancellation, Vegas conference cancellations, travel crashing, supply chain disruptions ongoing, Kudlow telling people to go to work even if they're sick, Trump attacking the governor of a state with a serious outbreak instead of coordinating an actual response.....here we are:

Mark it down.  It's starting to fall apart, and we're going to see our Federal leadership do the only thing it knows how to do: lash out angrily, blame anyone and everyone, and flail about uselessly when it comes to actual competent performance.
Much higher than necessary serious infection rate, much higher than necessary death rate, and a recession....all inbound.  And all we're going to get from our Federal government will be [checks notes] attacks on Democratic governors.

But by God, don’t mention Trump may be in over his head on the DT CV thread!!!!!
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Mark it down.  It's starting to fall apart, and we're going to see our Federal leadership do the only thing it knows how to do: lash out angrily, blame anyone and everyone, and flail about uselessly when it comes to actual competent performance.

Lies.  Federal leadership will enact tax breaks since they already lowered interest rates.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

These.

This -- THIS -- is what we've been ringing the fucking alarm bell about from the beginning.  A nuclear crisis, a pandemic -- something that requires clear, decisive, and selfless leadership.  Donald Trump is 100% incapable of delivering on any of those.  I don't mean falling short -- I mean fucking ZERO. 

We're going to look back wistfully at the resolute, wise, and skilled leadership of GWB after 9/11 (and I say that with only a little sarcasm -- in the immedate aftermath, he did what a president is supposed to do -- manage the crisis, and manage the population).

We're on our own, fuckers. It's up to local authorities, businesses, and we the people.  And in many cases, we may find ourselves fighting AGAINST the Feds instead of alongside them.  This is why you don't elect a motherfucking insane narcissist dimwit semi-illiterate gameshow host as the president of the world's largest economy.   For fucking fuck's sake, we are so fucking stupid.

Trump is running this like he ran all of his businesses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

When cult members start dying, and/or start losing their jobs and their homes due to the recession caused in part by his utter mismanagement of the situation, that's going to be interesting to watch.

They were closet democrats.  They were paid by George Soros to die.  Crisis Actors.  They didn't pray to Trump hard enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

Thoughts and prayers

https://www.politicalflare.com/2020/03/two-attendees-at-major-republican-conference-just-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-pence-and-pompeo-attended/?utm_source=right-rail-latest

Oh please god, let them all get it. I'll never touch myself again, I promise.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A politician with balls would hold a press conference in front of a shuttered rural hospital in a red state.

I'm getting a sense of déjà vu here. Did you post this same sentiment recently? Seems someone did. I think I replied that if that hospital or clinic had ever performed one legal abortion then it wouldn't change the minds of any Republican voters. 

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No, Kid Rock actually has some musical talent. And I don't think I've ever heard him threaten to kill Hillary Clinton. Also, I'll bet Ted is more susceptible to death by coronavirus. 

Well we know his family is deathly allergic to the black mold.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Interviewer: How did you get out of the draft?

Ted Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my ass like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, mother****in’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ’em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded motherf*cker. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was — ’cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball — I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f*cking swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherf*ckin’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?

Here's the story from the interview he gave with high times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

You know, I thought that Civil War II was going to be God's punishment on this nation for electing dOTaRd. I was wrong, the punishment is actually going to be a pandemic that kills hundreds of thousands, swamps our health care system, and sends us into the Second Great Depression.

It's called The Trump Depression.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk