CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, Xian said:

It’s crazy to me how this virus is political. Every trumper calling it fake news and just a standard flu. Hell look at the tigerdroppings political site.  

the politics behind it are going to be an interesting case study in a few years. 

well, i talked to my trumper dad yesterday, he was parroting that line, calling it 'ridiculous'... i very calmly and evenly said 'so i know you watch a station that is probably telling you that, or is really acting like this is no big deal...but it IS, and you are 72 and have atrial fibrillation, i know you're healthy...but it IS happening and chances are you WILL get sick, so please just be prepared.'

he did seem to take my somber yet calm tone to heart...he ended with 'i will', i think he thinks he's just mollifying me 🙄. he does live in the country in northeast texas, so that may help...he has well water and a generator, if the shit hits the fan i told him we're bringing the guns and the dogs and heading his way!

my mother died a year ago...she had cirrhosis and diabetes and was prone to pneumonia and lived in Houston...if she were still alive i would basically be planning for her to die in the next few weeks :(

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mchookem said:

well, i talked to my trumper dad yesterday, he was parroting that line, calling it 'ridiculous'... i very calmly and evenly said 'so i know you watch a station that is probably telling you that, or is really acting like this is no big deal...but it IS, and you are 72 and have atrial fibrillation, i know you're healthy...but it IS happening and chances are you WILL get sick, so please just be prepared.'

he did seem to take my somber yet calm tone to heart...he ended with 'i will', i think he thinks he's just mollifying me 🙄. he does live in the country in northeast texas, so that may help...he has well water and a generator, if the shit hits the fan i told him we're bringing the guns and the dogs and heading his way!

my mother died a year ago...she had cirrhosis and diabetes and was prone to pneumonia and lived in Houston...if she were still alive i would basically be planning for her to die in the next few weeks :(

Give him a bottle of Robitussin and wish him the best of luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The USA is going to get hit hard almost for certain. When I left S. Korea to visit the USA there had only been 30 or so cases. When I returned 2 weeks later, there were around four thousand cases. A week later (today) they have around eight thousand cases. Korean's also took it seriously early on and followed the governments instructions on how to avoid it and it still spread, and is spreading, quickly. This in a country where you can get a test for it anywhere, everyone is wearing a mask, and everyone has government provided health care that they use at the slightest sign of illness. The mortality rate is only .6% due to it.   The USA containing it now, when the country lacks tests for the virus,  has high health care costs which cause people to wait until they are often very sick to seek help, and has a president and administration providing bad information that at least 40% of the population will follow to their detriment and others is a bad mix for it not spreading quickly. Hope I am wrong though.

You know, I thought that Civil War II was going to be God's punishment on this nation for electing dOTaRd. I was wrong, the punishment is actually going to be a pandemic that kills hundreds of thousands, swamps our health care system, and sends us into the Second Great Depression.

On the bright side, the new USA with 110M people that rises from the ashes, will most likely vote in universal healthcare.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

The USA is going to get hit hard almost for certain. When I left S. Korea to visit the USA there had only been 30 or so cases. When I returned 2 weeks later, there were around four thousand cases. A week later (today) they have around eight thousand cases. Korean's also took it seriously early on and followed the governments instructions on how to avoid it and it still spread, and is spreading, quickly. This in a country where you can get a test for it anywhere, everyone is wearing a mask, and everyone has government provided health care that they use at the slightest sign of illness. The mortality rate is only .6% due to it.   The USA containing it now, when the country lacks tests for the virus,  has high health care costs which cause people to wait until they are often very sick to seek help, and has a president and administration providing bad information that at least 40% of the population will follow to their detriment and others is a bad mix for it not spreading quickly. Hope I am wrong though.

Did the SK president encourage their residents to go to work with Coronavirus? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hope Corona goes after hypocrites first

We'll know soon enough, considering the CPAC speaker list - that thing is a who's who list of miserable pieces of shit:

• Trump
  • Pence
  • Chao
  • Devos
  • Pompeo
  • Mulvaney
  • Kellyanne
  • Ivanka
  • Jared
  • Don Jr.
  • Ronna McDaniel
  • Gorka
  • Blackburn
  • Cruz
  • Liz Cheney
  • Doug Collins
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Gohmert
  • Gym Jordan
  • Nunes
  • Glenn Beck
  • + many, many more.

https://cpac.conservative.org/speakers/

If this thing takes out more than half of those people, I'll take it as a sign that there is indeed a God, and he's getting pissed about the shit that these assholes do in his name.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

We'll know soon enough, considering the CPAC speaker list - that thing is a who's who list of miserable pieces of shit:

• Trump
  • Pence
  • Chao
  • Devos
  • Pompeo
  • Mulvaney
  • Kellyanne
  • Ivanka
  • Jared
  • Don Jr.
  • Ronna McDaniel
  • Gorka
  • Blackburn
  • Cruz
  • Liz Cheney
  • Doug Collins
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Gohmert
  • Gym Jordan
  • Nunes
  • Glenn Beck
  • + many, many more.

If this thing takes out more than half of those people, I'll take it as a sign that there is indeed a God, and he's getting pissed about the shit that these assholes do in his name.

with our luck, dean cain will be the only casualty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bizarro world but my Muslim cabby thinks China and media blowing this out of proportion to make things hard on trump.  I’m just listening and wondering how many people think this same shit.  

Spoke to a Trumper yesterday at an event who also said the same thing. He also insisted that coronavirus has been around forever because his friend was hospitalized with pneumonia 6 months ago. I kindly explained how pneumonia existed long before this strain of coronavirus.  He also said Trump would be remembered as the greatest President of all time and would get 80% of the vote in November. 

He actually was pretty receptive. We even talked a bit about medicare for all which started with "how do we pay for it?"  He was then willing to break down his own family's ridiculously high monthly out of pocket medical expense, not including his premiums which he considered "free."   But he was even receptive to understanding that premiums were part of compensation, and was beginning to understand that the money was already there. 

We parted, cordially, with him saying he likes Cuomo and would vote for him over Trump, but he hates Bernie and Biden. I laughed and told him he was the first person I've ever heard admit to liking Cuomo.  

It can usually be a cordial conversation when immigration isnt one of the topics.  And maybe hearts and minds can still be turned. I really don't think this guy cares about immigration one way or the other. There are probably many like him.  The xenophobes though. Fuck them. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

15 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

• Trump
  • Pence
  • Chao
  • Devos
  • Pompeo
  • Mulvaney
  • Kellyanne
  • Ivanka
  • Jared
  • Don Jr.
  • Ronna McDaniel
  • Gorka
  • Blackburn
  • Cruz
  • Liz Cheney
  • Doug Collins
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Gohmert
  • Gym Jordan
  • Nunes
  • Glenn Beck
  • + many, many more.

If there was a God then that list wouldn't even be a thing. The results are in. You can stop looking for new evidence. 

2 hours ago, Gap03 said:

• Trump
  • Pence
  • Chao
  • Devos
  • Pompeo
  • Mulvaney
  • Kellyanne
  • Ivanka
  • Jared
  • Don Jr.
  • Ronna McDaniel
  • Gorka
  • Blackburn
  • Cruz
  • Liz Cheney
  • Doug Collins
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Gohmert
  • Gym Jordan
  • Nunes
  • Glenn Beck
  • + many, many more.

I don’t believe in God but may have to re-evaluate if coronavirus takes out these assholes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HenryJames said:

“Wuhan Virus.”

Some CCP officials are claiming the virus originated in the US instead of China as part of their disinformation campaign. They don't want to lose face by being responsible.

At this point I fully support the use of terms like Chinese Coronavirus, Wu Flu, or Wuhan Virus, to combat their disinformation campaign.

Edited by RayDog

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bizarro world but my Muslim cabby thinks China and media blowing this out of proportion to make things hard on trump.  I’m just listening and wondering how many people think this same shit.  

99%+ of Republicans.  

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk