CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

23 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I can say this if Obama was president it wouldn't be getting reported like it's fucking Ebola or like the movie Outbreak. I saw somewhere on FB the list of new diseases from 2000 until now and this one is getting reported like it's the end of the world. I always think I cant be surprised by the media but we live in a trumpcentered world where they always find a way to blame him for everything no matter if it started in the stone ages.

ask yourself this: if trump wasn't president right now, and this was happening, who would he be blaming?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I can say this if Obama was president it wouldn't be getting reported like it's fucking Ebola or like the movie Outbreak. I saw somewhere on FB the list of new diseases from 2000 until now and this one is getting reported like it's the end of the world. I always think I cant be surprised by the media but we live in a trumpcentered world where they always find a way to blame him for everything no matter if it started in the stone ages.

can we pass the hat and buy this guy a cruise vacation? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

In other news, my Trump supporting mother finally cracked.  She was teetering on the edge for a while but she has finally come to the conclusion that Trump is a moron.  Of all things, it was Trump's visit to the CDC and his "beautiful tests" that did it.  Her fear of the disease,  his buffoonery, and her seeing some videos of other world leaders did it.  It almost seemed cathartic for her to admit it openly.  

The trumpkins are still holding steady in the greater convinced family.  I figure one of them will have to be on a respirator for there to be any real cracks.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ask yourself this: if trump wasn't president right now, and this was happening, who would he be blaming?

The same people most of us would be defending, but I believe the outcome would be the same. Our government has been a joke for so fucking long. We love to point fingers at individuals because it’s very easy but the fact that we’ve allowed ourselves to be manipulated by all these career politicians for so long just shows we’re a bunch of sheep. We feed right into their system.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

That depends.

If the president was a Black man, he'd blame the president.

If the president was a white man, he'd blame immigrants.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

The same people most of us would be defending, but I believe the outcome would be the same. Our government has been a joke for so fucking long. We love to point fingers at individuals because it’s very easy but the fact that we’ve allowed ourselves to be manipulated by all these career politicians for so long just shows we’re a bunch of sheep. We feed right into their system.

yeah, that's it. let's just give everyone a pass as being incompetent. actually, fuck that. there is incompetent and there is literally denying a crisis and making it worse incompetent. as far as I can tell that's all trump has done since being sworn in. in this case, it's his worst and most egregious fuck up yet - unless you want to count the treasonous behavior. jesus this is a dumb take

• Like 8

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

This is so fucking stupid. "How do you manage to dress yourself in the morning?" stupid.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Trump is an absolute idiot and has handled this as we all expected he would. I’m not giving this dipshit a pass, just like the other half wouldn’t be giving any Democrat a pass. The point is, regardless of who’s in that seat, our government is incompetent. It’s easy for everyone to blame the president as if that position is responsible for all our government’s dipshitery. Anyone who works for the government knows it’s incompetent regardless of who’s “ in charge”.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hillary just had to have a private server. 

Yeah, that’s why she lost.  The blue collar disenfranchised voters of Wisconsin who hadn’t been to the polls since Reagan, were suddenly balls deep in her cyber security protocol and antiviral software of choice for her home server.  I can’t tell you how many family and friends that I have back in my home in the Midwest we’re constantly talking about how worried they were about her national security computer infrastructure.  But I can tell you That those fucking morons came out of the literal northwoodswork to make sure the country understood that they did not fucking like her.
 Three years later and I don’t know what I want more... for Trump to be gone or for you fucking morons to finally shed your ignorance about what a piece of human shit she is.  The only thing sadder than where Trump has our country right now is the fact that they were considered to be the true best people for the job in our entire nation.  

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

The point is, regardless of who’s in that seat, our government is incompetent.

This is uninformed garbage. Until 2 years ago, the CDC had global resources and jobs dedicated to prevent and minimize a global pandemic. Trump closed them, slashed funding and eliminated the jobs. Who is in the seat matters a lot. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just a heads up, any kind of disinfectant wipe is about to be very hard to come by.  

I noticed that while shopping at HEB this weekend. All the wipes were gone but the Hill Country Fare disinfectant (alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride) spray bottles were sitting untouched. I grabbed a few of the bottles for 98 cents a piece.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe, just maybe, the fucking morons were the people that voted for Trump instead of Hillary.

You really don’t think In a country of this size we don’t have room for 130mm morons and then the other 100mm of us can kinda move around and stretch out? 

keep clinging to your narrative about why she lost and it should serve you all terribly well in 2020.  Can we just let Biden beat the fuck out of President dip shit, Die in his first term with some integrity and then we can move back to growing this country with some modicum of normalcy and optimism?  

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is uninformed garbage. Until 2 years ago, the CDC had global resources and jobs dedicated to prevent and minimize a global pandemic. Trump closed them, slashed funding and eliminated the jobs. Who is in the seat matters a lot. 

We would have still stepped on our dicks.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Lobo said:

You really don’t think In a country of this size we don’t have room for 130mm morons and then the other 100mm of us can kinda move around and stretch out? 

keep clinging to your narrative about why she lost and it should serve you all terribly well in 2020.  Can we just let Biden beat the fuck out of President dip shit, Die in his first term with some integrity and then we can move back to growing this country with some modicum of normalcy and optimism?  

She lost because the population is brain dead and racist.

There are around another 20 different things that were out of her control.  Trump did cheat in the election and still got outvoted by three million votes.

Blaming Hillary for Trump never gets old though. Perhaps the Republicans could have nominated a better candidate too? 

12 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Trump is an absolute idiot and has handled this as we all expected he would. I’m not giving this dipshit a pass, just like the other half wouldn’t be giving any Democrat a pass. The point is, regardless of who’s in that seat, our government is incompetent. It’s easy for everyone to blame the president as if that position is responsible for all our government’s dipshitery. Anyone who works for the government knows it’s incompetent regardless of who’s “ in charge”.

nope, sorry. you can say what you want about Obama or even fucking Bush - they would have both handled this WAY better than trump has. Like dividing by zero better. that "both sides" bullshit doesn't apply here.

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Blind sheep, like I said. Obama’s administration failures is how we ended up with this fucking tool.

This isn’t wrong, Obama didn’t have a good answer for the Tea Party and Trump was that movement’s natural end game. We could see the train coming and the hubris negligence of Obama played a role. 

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Mitt getting the last laugh for not being at CPAC.

Oh.

The motherfucking.

IRONY.

“This year, I’d actually be afraid for his physical safety, people are so mad at him,” American Conservative Union chairman Matt Schlapp said in an interview Saturday on “Full Court Press” with Greta Van Susteren.

romney_laugh_lg.jpg

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Imagine Biden’s blank stare in the face of this problem, or any other tool we have had as a potential president recently.

All I have to imagine is for Biden to 1) have reasonably staffed the agencies responsible for responding to such matters, and 2) get the fuck out of their way and give them whatever they need to do their jobs.  Sure, I'd like it if he could also say some helpful stuff to the public, but honestly, if he did those two things we'd already be way better off.

Easy to imagine.  I mean, completely easy.  And light years better than what we're seeing now.  Stop digging, this isn't going well for you.

• Like 5

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh.

The motherfucking.

IRONY.

romney_laugh_lg.jpg

All I have to imagine is for Biden to 1) have reasonably staffed the agencies responsible for responding to such matters, and 2) get the fuck out of their way and give them whatever they need to do their jobs.  Sure, I'd like it if he could also say some helpful stuff to the public, but honestly, if he did those two things we'd already be way better off.

Easy to imagine.  I mean, completely easy.  And light years better than what we're seeing now.  Stop digging, this isn't going well for you.

maybe he's trying to get to china

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

nope, sorry. you can say what you want about Obama or even fucking Bush - they would have both handled this WAY better than trump has. Like dividing by zero better. that "both sides" bullshit doesn't apply here.

You miss my point completely, without surprise. I have no doubt either mentioned president would sound better at the podium, but the shitshow underneath would be the same.

• Fuck You 5

You miss my point completely, without surprise. I have no doubt either mentioned president would sound better at the podium, but the shitshow underneath would be the same.

Your point is stupid and you should feel ashamed.  You're wrong.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Imagine Biden’s blank stare in the face of this problem, or any other tool we have had as a potential president recently.

Oh bullshit. Biden et al would have turned to the experts, listened to their advice & let them come up with a competent, cohesive plan to address the situation. That's what rational adults do. Their first thought isn't "how is this going to make me look bad" followed an immediate impulse to tweet something stupid that either a) blames someone totally unrelated to the crisis, b) pats himself on the back for having the greatest, most perfect plan ever, or c) just make up bullshit lies.

• Like 7

no, I read you loud and clear and it's obvious that your assertion is 100% patently false. Just completely fucking wrong. Almost professional level of dumb. But keep fucking that chicken.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I would imagine he would defer to experts and have trained communications folks help deliver a consistent message to the American public.  OH THE HORROR

19 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Blind sheep, like I said. Obama’s administration failures is how we ended up with this fucking tool.

Do you think Obama would have pretended that it was no worse than a flu outbreak?  Because that has nothing to do with general government incompetence.  And by making this assertion, there is a large percentage of the population who are not taking basic, standard precautions. It is stupid to think that won't affect the rate of spread.   

Something that gets lost in the inevitability of losing containment: speed kills.  The rate at which it spreads will result in a couple of very negative things: 1) it means medical researchers have less time to determine what good treatments are. I'm not talking about a cure or a vaccine, but just the best ways to get the shit out of people's lungs.  2) The speed of the spread will determine the size of the slug of very ill patients hits the hospitals at the same time.  If the slug is too big, we will run out of beds, machines, and hospital staff.  If the infection is spreading to the staff at the same time, it will impact the staff at the same time.  Overcrowded hospitals will have more issue with secondary infections.  

I get it.  Most everyone is going to be exposed, eventually.  But how quickly that happens will determine just how horrible things will become.  We need to slow this shit down, and Trump is actively hurting that. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk