CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

At least Trump hasn’t declared Martial law and started rounding up people to be house in abandoned Wal-Marts yet, because remember when Obama...

Sure, whatever....keep your eye out for the Bluebell trucks, man... LISTEN TO ME, SHEEPLE!

web1_bluebell-follow-jul12-14_001_6.jpg

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

always thought this was a straight parody account, but this appears to be someone with access to this shitshow:

i always read Rogue Melania on Cecily Strong's voice.

also...if true...well gotdamn, check out the big balls on Pence!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump isn't to blame for the goddamned virus.  He's to blame for the US doing effectively nothing in terms of preventative measures, and in fact, he's actively PREVENTED AND INTERFERED WITH preventative measures that officials have recommended (and have been implemented in other countries).  This story isn't about Trump, or at least, it shouldn't have been -- until he stood up and told us that we'd be at zero cases by today.  For fuck's sake, how fucking stupid are you?

Unbelievable 

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Trump is an absolute idiot and has handled this as we all expected he would. I’m not giving this dipshit a pass, just like the other half wouldn’t be giving any Democrat a pass. The point is, regardless of who’s in that seat, our government is incompetent. It’s easy for everyone to blame the president as if that position is responsible for all our government’s dipshitery. Anyone who works for the government knows it’s incompetent regardless of who’s “ in charge”.

I kind of don't blame you for this stance, it's been such a constant mantra for decades that all government is bad.

The right starved government when they were in charge to create a self fulfilling prophecy. 

We don't really lead the world in anything anymore. Our government response to disease and climate change reflect how the GOP starving non military departments put us all in jeopardy to feed the rich and themselves.

Banana republic all the way. The peasants choose to love it. 

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The inability of ANY one of these people to provide an update without prefacing it with a compliment to Trump is unbelievably unnerving. 

they really can't stop patting themselves on the back for closing the borders.  i guess when you only have one talking point, it's easy to remember.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The inability of ANY one of these people to provide an update without prefacing it with a compliment to Trump is unbelievably unnerving. 

Its been going on for years now. Its pathetic. Now that its over something this serious it just lakes it look even worse.

SG telling us that young people aren't at risk for dying from COVID19.....except for, you know, those who have already died (there's actual documented cases of people under 60 - his cutoff age -- who have died).

Their entire mission here is to downplay it, over and over -- "it's only a problem if you're really old."

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The trumpkins are still holding steady in the greater convinced family.  I figure one of them will have to be on a respirator for there to be any real cracks.

Thoughts and prayers brother.  Thoughts and prayers.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

SG telling us that young people aren't at risk for dying from COVID19.....except for, you know, those who have already died (there's actual documented cases of people under 60 - his cutoff age -- who have died).

Their entire mission here is to downplay it, over and over -- "it's only a problem if you're really old."

but but OBAMACARE DEATH PANELS FOR THE OLD!

1 minute ago, Pasken said:

This press conference is actually not a dumpster fire aside from Trump's random (but short) rambling. Seems like they are finally getting on track.

It's a start.  I'll take it.  Seriously -- I loathe this admin, but I don't want to see them fail at the expense of millions of innocent Americans.

This motherfucker Mnuchin is clapping Trump on the back for his tax cut making the economy so strong on the same exact day that the stock market dropped 7.6% in part because we're woefully under-prepared for a god damned pandemic because the fat son of a bitch cut funding for things like the CDC so he could give rich people a fucking tax cut.

Fuck all of these motherfuckers. 

"There's no one better to steer this ship out of the maelstrom that he steered this ship into than Captain Bonespurs.  Thank god for him and White Baby Jesus."

Fuckers.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Is your claim that H1n1 was as politicized?  That's a hot sports opinion.

The claim was that previous diseases weren't covered as seriously/end of the worldy as COVID-19. That is demonstrably false, as pretty much anytime there has been a significant outbreak the media goes all in on coverage (because, you know, eyeballs watching = money). See H1N1, Ebola, SARS, and MERS. Note, I do dispute the original poster's characterization that the media is generally covering COVID-19 as "the end of the world." As to whether it is more politicized, I guess that is true, but I'm not sure we've had a recent equivalent where the President of the United States downplayed the seriousness of a disease in opposition to pretty much every expert world-wide. That said, we saw plenty of "political" comments from Fox News about Obama during the H1N1 outbreak, including in some of the links I shared. 

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This motherfucker Mnuchin is clapping Trump on the back for his tax cut making the economy so strong on the same exact day that the stock market dropped 7.6% in part because we're woefully under-prepared for a god damned pandemic because the fat son of a bitch cut funding for things like the CDC so he could give rich people a fucking tax cut.

Fuck all of these motherfuckers. 

"There's no one better to steer this ship out of the maelstrom that he steered this ship into than Captain Bonespurs.  Thank god for him and White Baby Jesus."

Fuckers.

It is surreal. You have a brain surgeon going on television to talk about a not fully formed plan about what to do with cruise ship passengers, a health secretary plugging the economy, and a Treasury secretary quoted with, "This is not like the financial crisis." What was he expecting, a minute by minute identical situation?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I kind of don't blame you for this stance, it's been such a constant mantra for decades that all government is bad.

The right starved government when they were in charge to create a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Absolutely this. 

I must say, fighting a health crisis with a tax cut is very on brand for the Republicans.

If they don’t think Americans are spending enough money right now, they should swing by a grocery store. The stock market isn’t crashing from lack of cash. We are concerned that supply chains will fail and workers/consumers will be quarantined. Even from an economic response, this is idiotic.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The claim was that previous diseases weren't covered as seriously/end of the worldy as COVID-19. That is demonstrably false, as pretty much anytime there has been a significant outbreak the media goes all in on coverage (because, you know, eyeballs watching = money). See H1N1, Ebola, SARS, and MERS. Note, I do dispute the original poster's characterization that the media is generally covering COVID-19 as "the end of the world." As to whether it is more politicized, I guess that is true, but I'm not sure we've had a recent equivalent where the President of the United States downplayed the seriousness of a disease in opposition to pretty much every expert world-wide. That said, we saw plenty of "political" comments from Fox News about Obama during the H1N1 outbreak, including in some of the links I shared. 

One might argue that the lack of action from the executive on this is part of what is making the situation worse, or at the very least, believable that it is worse. 

The single most abominable thing he's done here is keep that cruise ship offshore and quarantined in order to "pump our stats."

I heard a lady on NPR who needed to come back for chemo.  It sounded like, with assistance of her congressman and Senator, that she would be taken off to timely receive her chemo.

All that said, I'm almost positive she was a Trumpkin.

24 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Is your claim that H1n1 was as politicized?  That's a hot sports opinion.

Trump told another one of his easily disproven auto-pilot lies, this time contending the Obama administration did nothing to combat the H1N1 outbreak. It's a completely illegitimate criticism because it's a complete fucking lie. Just because Trump lies all the time doesn't mean it's no longer a lie or he gets some frequent flyer discount from the reality that he constantly lies, and telling yet another whopper of a lie to score political points is a ten on a ten scale of politicizing. Trump didn't have to politicize it. No one forced him. No one even brought up the subject. Trump went out of his way to politicize an outbreak that happened years ago because he can't help himself and it's obvious there's a critical mass of people who not only have no problem with it, but relish the act or attempt of scoring political points with lies.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/06/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrong-saying-barack-obama-did-nothing/

Has Obama said Trump has done nothing to combat the coronavirus outbreak? As far as I know he's said nothing. He doesn't have to make some sensational claim because there are legitimate criticisms that are based in the actual real world. They're not dependent on some idiotic lie. In fact, you can easily argue Trump has, net-wise, done less than nothing based on, amongst other things, his slashing of the pandemic prevention program set up by Obama that could have mitigated the effects of this outbreak. Obama isn't getting on twitter playing Monday morning qb saying what he would have done to lessen the impact of this outbreak, because we already know what he did in anticipation of one and we know what Trump did to cripple it. That has nothing to do with politicizing an issue. That's just acknowledging reality.

• Like 5

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk