CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Qanon believer & Trumper who happens to be a nursing shift supervisor at a local Austin hospital (note to self: find out which one) was talking as loudly as he could at the pub yesterday, going on about how COVID-19 is all a hoax. After 10 minutes the bartender told him to either lower his voice or leave because he was pissing people off.

My beloved has a friend who's a nurse and likely Trumpist. She was saying she'd done research and that the response to the virus is overblown.

That carried weight with the beloved due to friendship.

I asked which response the nurse was referring to. The CDC and health departments around the world seem concerned. I don't think you can simply answer that with, "A nurse I know at the neighborhood clinic says things are really ok."

It's seriously unprofessional to undermine the medical warnings.

I'm also not good with the sentiment that it's okay if a couple of hundred thousand people die because the flu kills people, too. 

Hell, in that case why get upset about terrorists killing a few thousand in the WTC? We lose more than that on the highways!

Idiot World

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Corporations:  Heads I win.  Tails you lose.

Shouldn't they be able to use their tax cuts to buffer them?

Well, they did use most of that extra cash for stock buy-backs, so...

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:
9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
yeah, until it starts wiping through more nursing homes and our morbidity rate looks like the highest in the world.

Just blame pneumonia or natural causes.

"Old people have always died from stuff, stupid libtards"

Imagine what we might have been able to do with a proper response.  I know for some it's thrilling to hear the Trump administration talk to insurance companies today about the virus.  But this is a meeting that should have been held a month ago.  Not the same day as New York has to lock down some 70,000 people to try and prevent spread.

So fucking dumb, to not have testing in place and actual THOUGHTS about a worst case scenario!?!?!  Complete and total lack of understanding of the threat, because... our President had a relative who was a scientist... FUBAR!

• Like 1

After surveying local data from across the country, we can only verify that 4,384 people have been tested for the coronavirus nationwide, as of today at 4 p.m. eastern time. These data are as comprehensive a compilation of official statistics as currently possible.

The lack of testing means that it is almost impossible to know how many Americans are infected with the coronavirus and suffering from COVID-19, the disease it causes. While our analysis has tracked state and local announcements that more than 570 people in 36 states are infected, experts say that number is almost certainly too small to reflect the full extent of the disease’s spread in the U.S. Not enough Americans have been tested for officials to know how many people are ill, they say.

From an Atlantic story dated yesterday. The administration is actively working to limit testing so total numbers stay low. Everyone is shocked when they look at countries like Italy and the high numbers for a relatively small country. That's because they're testing. I'm guessing our actual number is at least 10 times higher than what's being reported. CDC has removed the number of persons tested from their website. Downright criminal. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

From an Atlantic story dated yesterday. The administration is actively working to limit testing so total numbers stay low. Everyone is shocked when they look at countries like Italy and the high numbers for a relatively small country. That's because they're testing. I'm guessing our actual number is at least 10 times higher than what's being reported. CDC has removed the number of persons tested from their website. Downright criminal. 

Careful saying that in daily Texan, they'll call you a political hack for criticising the handling by the feds

27 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I guess the virus has made the long journey from Milan to Minsk to the States...

Rochelle, Rochelle, Rochelle 

I’d laugh harder at this if my neighbor who last month touched our baby after returning from Wuhan, didn’t also have lotsa family in Larchmont/New Rochelle 

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

of course...

Here's your tax cut to go with your subsidies. Oh no! This budget deficit is off the chain! Guess we'll have to slash 80 percent out of these libtard pandemic prevention programs. WHAT!!! A pandemic and economic turmoil!! No one saw this coming. Time for a corporate bailout by the taxpayer. We've got a place saved for you at the front of the line.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Hahaha 

I understand your skepticism but at some point, reality is going to put a hard check on a lot of people that have absolute faith in Trump. It will be the moment that they ask why the leopard just ate their face and it will be too late but there will be a moment of clarity for many of his believers.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I understand your skepticism but at some point, reality is going to put a hard check on a lot of people that have absolute faith in Trump. It will be the moment that they ask why the leopard just ate their face and it will be too late but there will be a moment of clarity for many of his believers.

Yeah, it'll be just like that time everyone in Jonestown woke up one day and realized they'd been duped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I wanna believe but those motherfuckers are brainwashed.

Just now, F250 said:

Well, the first case in East Texas has popped up in Gregg County.  We'll get to see how much faith they have in Trump here pretty shortly ...

All the corporate recipients of massive, deficit-balloning tax cuts all visiting the White House to reserve their VIP spaces in the taxpayer-funded bailout line. Let's just hope none of them go AIG afterwards and sue us claiming we ripped them off when we pulled their asses out of the fire, but considering AIG won that case, they probably will.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, F250 said:

I don't understand your optimism that there's a single layer of self preservation in these people. Nothing, not a single thing, has moved the needle for these raisin-brained, zombies. Their only sense of betrayal is a negative word about the orange orb.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I don't understand your optimism that there's a single layer of self preservation in these people. Nothing, not a single thing, has moved the needle for these raisin-brained, zombies. Their only sense of betrayal is a negative word about the orange orb.

If it happens, it will be when their local municipality starts posting jobs for grave diggers.

Who the fuck am I kidding, they’ll be like “Look what a great job trump is doing, creating jobs left and right!!  MAGA!!!!

The replies to that Ben Shapiro tweet are interesting.

You’ve got sane normal people just dunking on him but there’s also some Trumpkins agreeing with him and saying Trump is losing their support because of how he’s handling this, then you’ve got the Trumpkins still in the cult arguing with the Woke Trumpkins and Shapiro.

Once a bunch of olds start dying and the Trumpkins keep fighting amongst themselves this is gonna be Trump’s Waterloo.

Mother Nature took a look at the inability of the other branches of government to stop Trump and took a look at how many morons America has and said “Hold onto your butts y’all, I got this”.

The poetic justice of a massive germaphobe who doesn’t believe in science getting taken out by a virus is just too good.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk