CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

That stupid son of a bitch is going to let our healthcare get overrun and thousands to hundreds of thousands more people die than needed to. All because of an idiotic idea that he can cover it up like every thing else and not take the blame. Just call them flu deaths. 

Even fucking Putin is taking more precautionary steps than this 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If there was any intelligence in this Administration - they would have Dr. Fauci as the face of the Task Force.  He's doing a fantastic job in this committee hearing explaining the seriousness of this problem without causing panic.

He'll probably relieved of his duties by sundown.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If there was any intelligence in this Administration - they would have Dr. Fauci as the face of the Task Force.  He's doing a fantastic job in this committee hearing explaining the seriousness of this problem without causing panic.

There have been mentions out already that Rs are trying to tell Trump to make him the face of this thing because of his knowledge.  He's doing a good job. 

51 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hmm.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He'll probably relieved of his duties by sundown.

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

not that it's major but GWU, Georgetown and UMD now on online classes until the end of the month: https://dcist.com/story/20/03/10/coronavirus-latest-the-d-c-area-now-has-18-confirmed-coronavirus-cases/

Sounds pretty major to me. Between that CPAC gathering and that COVID-19 positive DC priest, the Swamp is about to get infested with the virus. 

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sounds pretty major to me. Between that CPAC gathering and that COVID-19 positive DC priest, the Swamp is about to get infested with the virus. 

a lot of students on spring break or about to be and they've shut down a lot of travel abroad activities, on campus activities (lectures, events, music, whatevs) through the end of the month or first week of April.  Also, we all have to develop online classes starting now. 

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Meanwhile...

This administration’s handling of this shit is outright criminal.

F'k that--just show up.  They'll take care of you. Especially once you start coughing all up in their waiting room.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The executive branch of government just shut down a hearing being conducted by the legislative branch because they didn’t like the answers one witness was giving?

The 'meeting' at the the White House was announced right before the hearing started.  

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Best part of the hearing was when Dr. Fauci very calmly explained to the R congressman from Corpus Christi who was trying to equate this to the Flu - that in a best-case scenario we still expect Covid-19 to be 10 times as deadly with a higher transmission rate.

I think that's a change.  I recall reading an article that he had written that indicated he expected that when more asymptomatic cases were confirmed, it was likely the fatality rate would drop to be closer the flu.  I can't find the article now.  It may have been taken down, to avoid people sourcing outdated information. Or it's possibly I am remembering it incorrectly. 

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Meanwhile...

This administration’s handling of this shit is outright criminal.

A PCP has to order the test.  Sounds like her PCP is not going to do that unless she comes back negative on influenza.

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think that's a change.  I recall reading an article that he had written that indicated he expected that when more asymptomatic cases were confirmed, it was likely the fatality rate would drop to be closer the flu.  I can't find the article now.  It may have been taken down, to avoid people sourcing outdated information. Or it's possibly I am remembering it incorrectly. 

For those that want to hear that part of the briefing:

I'll hate to see this guy go, but it's just a matter of time now ...

3 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

And we have second place statues all over the south. What's your point?

Maybe lookup the great leap forward under Mao sometime genius. Genocide of 40+ million isn't quite the same as fighting on the losing side of the civil war.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

How so?

Here's how they got pulled out of the hearing:

Zero coordination with the chair of the committee, or with the staff of the people on the committee who are the actual healthcare professionals or leaders. WH gives a reason that doesn't align with agreed upon facts for why they must leave and doublespeak while doing it (pulled suddenly citing an emergency meeting, but saying it's not an emergency).

That doesn't ring true to me as a well-coordinated, active, or even functional response team for the PANDEMIC sweeping our nation.

So far, their playbook has been to lie and hide behind their toadies in the house and senate to block and tackle for him with disinformation and bad-faith arguments. CV-19 don't give a shit about truth or lies or politics. It's gonna infect us all, while trump is worried about how it'll affect his poll numbers and the economy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Here's how they got pulled out of the hearing:

Zero coordination with the chair of the committee, or with the staff of the people on the committee who are the actual healthcare professionals or leaders. WH gives a reason that doesn't align with agreed upon facts for why they must leave and doublespeak while doing it (pulled suddenly citing an emergency meeting, but saying it's not an emergency).

That doesn't ring true to me as a well-coordinated, active, or even functional response team for the PANDEMIC sweeping our nation.

So far, their playbook has been to lie and hide behind their toadies in the house and senate to block and tackle for him with disinformation and bad-faith arguments. CV-19 don't give a shit about truth or lies or politics. It's gonna infect us all, while trump is worried about how it'll affect his poll numbers and the economy.

Thanks.  I’ve seen that, thought there might be something else.

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So far, their playbook has been to lie and hide behind their toadies in the house and senate to block and tackle for him with disinformation and bad-faith arguments. CV-19 don't give a shit about truth or lies or politics. It's gonna infect us all, while trump is worried about how it'll affect his poll numbers and the economy, as well as his hotel properties.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk