CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

The same people most of us would be defending, but I believe the outcome would be the same. Our government has been a joke for so fucking long. We love to point fingers at individuals because it’s very easy but the fact that we’ve allowed ourselves to be manipulated by all these career politicians for so long just shows we’re a bunch of sheep. We feed right into their system.

fuck you comrade
  • Like 1

In the South Korean news they are reporting that a couple hundred North Korean soldiers have died and they have over 5000 cases in just their military alone. North Korea is still denying they have had any cases. I imagine the civilian population is going to suffer extremely as the military gets everything there while the civilians get the left overs. During the famines that killed millions the military got all the food. I am betting they are getting most of the health care as well. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been posted, i can't keep up:

https://apnews.com/921ad7f1f08d7634bf681ba785faf269

Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of tropical medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, last week warned U.S. lawmakers against minimizing the viruses risk for vulnerable people. During a Congressional hearing, he said the coronavirus “is like the angel of death for older individuals.”

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I can say this if Obama was president it wouldn't be getting reported like it's fucking Ebola or like the movie Outbreak. I saw somewhere on FB the list of new diseases from 2000 until now and this one is getting reported like it's the end of the world. I always think I cant be surprised by the media but we live in a trumpcentered world where they always find a way to blame him for everything no matter if it started in the stone ages.

JFC

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

JFC

Missed that one. 

1.) If Obama was President, all the dipshittery coming from the President and his inner circle wouldn't be getting reported because it wouldn't be fucking happening. These guys are the definition of amateur hour.

2.) Facebook, eh? Seems legit.

3.) Again, the reporting on Trump's actions are because they're often in conflict with recommendations from other members of his administration, as well as public health and medical professionals. And, of course, the media is obligated to highlight that his administration slashed funding for the applicable Federal tools for the response to this very event. Especially when he was publicly trying to blame Democrats, who have controlled no more than one of the three lawmaking components in this country for his entire term.

4.) It's being widely reported on because it's spreading around the world, has shown the tendency to spread rapidly when a cluster emerges, and is actually pretty goddamn harmful to older folks. We have a lot of those, many of whom have additional risk factors. It's also triggering a global economic slowdown.

But yeah, no story here, back to your regularly scheduled discussion of tan suits and emails on FOX. Feel free to head back to Texags anytime, @Rockethorn1978.

Edited by gmr548
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Missed that one. 

1.) If Obama was President, all the dipshittery coming from the President and hisinner circle wouldn't be getting reported because it wouldn't be fucking happening. These guys are the definition of amateur hour.

2.) Facebook, eh? Seems legit.

3.) Again, the reporting on Trump's actions are because they're often in conflict with recommendations from public health and medical professionals. And, of course, the media is obligated to highlight that his administration slashed funding for the applicable Federal tools for the response to this very event. Especially when he was publicly trying to blame Democrats, who have controlled no more than one of the three lawmaking components in this country for his entire term.

4.) It's being widely reported on because it's spreading around the world, has shown the tendency to spread rapidly when a cluster emerges, and is actually pretty goddamn harmful to older folks. We have a lot of those, many of whom have additional risk factors. It's also triggering a global economic slowdown.

But yeah, no story here, back to your regularly scheduled discussion of tan suits and emails on FOX. Feel free to head back to Texags anytime.

Such Bullshit above.  Anybody that isn't under the influence of the deep state via the LAMESTREAM MEDIA knows full well that Obama would have been crowing about how much he knows about viruses (viri??) and how his uncle in Kenya was the village witchdoctor and how all of the CDC people were amazed about how mu.....fuck it. I can't even finish the joke.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Three cases in Ohio now. Just saw on the news that Ohio State is canceling in-person classes through at least March 30 and moving them online. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-state-canceling-person-classes-until-march-30-over-coronavirus-concerns-2020-mar

meh.  They didn't go there to play school anyway

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So here's some food for thought from statistical reasoning: if trump shakes hands with a person infected with coronavirus, he has a 0.5% chance of becoming infected. No big deal. 

But he goes to a rally in Florida and shakes hands with all the local gomers, and 9 folks in the crowd were infected. His risk just jumped up an order of magnitude to just under 5% (4.88% for you nerds out there). Another day and rally, but it's worse here and he gets exposed to 30 more positive cases at a rally. He's clocking an 18% shot now. 

Every time he comes in contact through completely ignoring health best practices and touching his face a ton, he's creeping his number up and up. Once someone hits over a hundred exposure events it starts to get real likely. Past 140, it's over 50% likely to happen. 

I guess what I'm saying is I think it's a matter of when, not if, trump comes down with it. What say y'all?

nah.  he cakes on so much makeup, in combination with is diapers, he can't possibly get it.  

Melania fucks most of the White House hired help, including the bleks, dominicans, and Filipinos that it's almost certain that she will get it, but since they are rarely in the same room dotard seems safe.

Cross posted from the TD thread but wanted to share here too in case y’all don’t keep up with that thread.

In “Alabama is fucking stupid” news.....I work at our county’s main hospital. Non profit and public so we take everyone. Part of my job is physician relations so I spend 3-4 days a week visiting every affiliated physician office and the rest of my week in the hospital, so I will probably have a high risk of exposure.

This was in an actual physician’s office in a town about 45 minutes from here - not one of my docs but I was a pharma rep for 15 years prior to working for the hospital and I still have lots of friends in the pharma game. My former partner sent me this picture today -

62b90a363ced42c9db215b02264935cc.jpg

Now, this little town is really fucking backwards even for Alabama. They have the highest per capita rate of opioid prescriptions in the state and have had multiple physicians and pharmacists arrested over the years. One practice was a father and son practice and the father was sleeping with his son’s wife so the son shot his father in his crotch with a shotgun at their practice during the middle of the work day.

None of that means anything to do with the virus but just gives you an idea of what this town’s medical community is like and it’s a super Trumpy place. It’s also one of the only counties Roy Moore won too.

Anyway, this sign wasn’t in some dinky DO FP or chiropractor’s office - this was in a gotdamn pulmonologist’s waiting room.

It’s just unbelievable that there are actual medical doctors spouting this crap.

I told my partner I’m sending the picture and a formal complaint to the ALBME. And I may send it to the local news station too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Cross posted from the TD thread but wanted to share here too in case y’all don’t keep up with that thread.

In “Alabama is fucking stupid” news.....I work at our county’s main hospital. Non profit and public so we take everyone. Part of my job is physician relations so I spend 3-4 days a week visiting every affiliated physician office and the rest of my week in the hospital, so I will probably have a high risk of exposure.

This was in an actual physician’s office in a town about 45 minutes from here - not one of my docs but I was a pharma rep for 15 years prior to working for the hospital and I still have lots of friends in the pharma game. My former partner sent me this picture today -

62b90a363ced42c9db215b02264935cc.jpg

Now, this little town is really fucking backwards even for Alabama. They have the highest per capita rate of opioid prescriptions in the state and have had multiple physicians and pharmacists arrested over the years. One practice was a father and son practice and the father was sleeping with his son’s wife so the son shot his father in his crotch with a shotgun at their practice during the middle of the work day.

None of that means anything to do with the virus but just gives you an idea of what this town’s medical community is like and it’s a super Trumpy place. It’s also one of the only counties Roy Moore won too.

Anyway, this sign wasn’t in some dinky DO FP or chiropractor’s office - this was in a gotdamn pulmonologist’s waiting room.

It’s just unbelievable that there are actual medical doctors spouting this crap.

I told my partner I’m sending the picture and a formal complaint to the ALBME. And I may send it to the local news station too.

Wow, that makes me ragey.

Instead of a whiteboard with preventative measures such as hand-washing which is good for any viral infection, this message can only lead me to conclude *he/she is trying to add clients if he doesn't kill them off first.

*The handwriting looks female, so if the doctor is male, one of his office staff was tasked with the message?

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk