CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/investigations/defenders/coronavirus-defenders-texas-nursing-homes/269-e6b8a638-6925-439a-9687-2903f386a098

"What the state refuses to publish is which nursing homes have those coronavirus cases. 

"What benefit is there to not give the names of the providers," said Brian Lee, the executive director of Families for Better Care. "Who does that benefit? It doesn't benefit the residents. It doesn't benefit the families. It only benefits the people who own and operate the facilities.""

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

and when the smoke cleared, 71,000 people died from the coronavirus, and it could've been much worse. 

in unrelated news, 394,000 people died from mysterious unreported factors.  talk about an invisible enemy.

The enemy is quite visible, actually. He appears routinely every afternoon.

4 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

You know, when I read this the first time, I reached the same conclusion the tweeter did: it's a mistake.

Then I read it again when it was quoted. I thought again. Nothing seems innocent on second thought anymore. 

Poor ability to test seems more calculated and less just a callous bungle. Jared Kushner being assigned to problems that involve lots of money; it's not just incompetence, Jared is a bagman plain and simple.

Now this. Mightn't there be money in sending out checks to those who died in 2019 but still had taxes filed? Couldn't some of those checks be diverted to the wrong party, endorsed, and deposited? Just takes a thousand checks to get you $1.2m. Who'd know if you diverted 10k or 30k?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The DT thread is proof that it's only politics if the left does it.

It needs to be repeated, apparently over and over again:  the CR is not "liberal".  The majority of participants are actually conservative by nature, but smart enough to see the malfeasance that is being foisted on this country by what started as the "Tea Party".

I have zero doubt that, were the political state of this country to revert to where it was a while back, many of the CR regulars would also align themselves with that movement.  They're not hippies (well not, all of them).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But annual trendlines have never seen an increase of over 1.3%.  Let's see what we end up with in 2020.

As if anyone will count and compile the figures officially at the federal level. If Trump loses, though, and these numbers make him the biggest mass murderer since Pol Pot, we might see his support drop down to 35% here in Idiot World.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It needs to be repeated, apparently over and over again:  the CR is not "liberal".  The majority of participants are actually conservative by nature, but smart enough to see the malfeasance that is being foisted on this country by what started as the "Tea Party".

I have zero doubt that, were the political state of this country to revert to where it was a while back, many of the CR regulars would also align themselves with that movement.  They're not hippies (well not, all of them).

It doesn't matter to CTJ and the rest of the goobers in the DT thread who are talking more about politics and CR than anyone else. If they feel any sort of cognitive dissonance, they just shout CR and whine about straw men.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pence is blowing Trump for doing such a great job saving lives.

And Trump is threatening to shut Congress down.

This fucking clownshow.

yeah, so i wasn't fully paying attention. i think he said something about using his constitutional authority to adjourn congress. then he said they all need to be in session to pass bills?

i think that for him, the fact that he technically has the right to adjourn congress gets his loins all tingly thinking about how fascist an act that would be.

So my routine is that I try to shut work down around 4, work out, go for a walk and then flip on the TV to see what kind of mayhem is going on once Im done with all that.  I usually feel like I'm about to return to a house where somebody left a toddler unattended for a couple hours and have no idea what I'm about to see but it probably would have taken me awhile to get to "Trump threatens to unilaterally adjourn Congress in the middle of a pandemic if they don't approve his nominees" if someone had made me guess. 

2 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

So my routine is that I try to shut work down around 4, work out, go for a walk and then flip on the TV to see what kind of mayhem is going on once Im done with all that.  I usually feel like I'm about to return to a house where somebody left a toddler unattended for a couple hours and have no idea what I'm about to see but it probably would have taken me awhile to get to "Trump threatens to unilaterally adjourn Congress in the middle of a pandemic if they don't approve his nominees" if someone had made me guess. 

I watch it until I’m so ready to throw the TV out the window that I go for an hour walk. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That’s an inconvenient fact that GRUHorn will simply ignore and move on to the next troll post later on. 

Fucking annoying habit of some of our present-day conservatives. Focuses on a negative aspect... digs in...  use it as raison d'être to blame, while conveniently ignoring everything else about the subject. 

Edited by YChang
  • Like 1

following up, gloria borger on cnn said while there are ~85 appointees waiting confirmation, there are another ~150 spots that remain empty with no appointments, and most of those have been empty for a while.

to me, the underrated highlight of today's very brief briefing (it was so cold), was trump bragging about how great we're doing vs other countries, then when confronted with the actual statistics, claimed that the other countries weren't reporting their numbers accurately so we can't trust the statistics. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You know, when I read this the first time, I reached the same conclusion the tweeter did: it's a mistake.

Then I read it again when it was quoted. I thought again. Nothing seems innocent on second thought anymore. 

Poor ability to test seems more calculated and less just a callous bungle. Jared Kushner being assigned to problems that involve lots of money; it's not just incompetence, Jared is a bagman plain and simple.

Now this. Mightn't there be money in sending out checks to those who died in 2019 but still had taxes filed? Couldn't some of those checks be diverted to the wrong party, endorsed, and deposited? Just takes a thousand checks to get you $1.2m. Who'd know if you diverted 10k or 30k?

When you say Jared is a bag man...I think all he can literally do is hold a bag of money. He's too stupid and incapable to do anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

The WHO is a UN body that relies on information freely given from world governments, relies on said governments for funding, and has relatively zero leverage on world governments.  They have no ability to make decisions for any world government, it only offers guidance based on the data made available to them.  

The US has a vast intelligence gathering apparatus (human intelligence, satellite imagery, signal intercepts, the list goes on) in China, and has vast leverage on almost all world governments due to its prolific economy and military power.  Even if we couldnt directly squeeze China, we can normally get enough support to collectively squeeze something like China into getting back in line.  

Tell me again why you would put the blame on the WHO, when the president and his staff has access to better information than them on a daily basis?  

Trump took China’s word over US intelligence. Reason number 8,763 that’s he’s the worst president in history. 

• Like 3

sidenote, he keeps mentioning these 20 states that are ready to reopen sooner than others (really 29 he keeps saying).  i just looked on worldo, and if 29 is the number, that would basically be every state currently reporting ~5000 or fewer cases (missouri is 30th with 4895).  dude likes round numbers.