CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Guest Lobo

the vaccine has been known to cause bone spurs.  So if they get the shot, they could still get out of their service requirement.  

Since disinformation works so well, we need to start pushing CRAZY positive rumors about the vaccine:

"I got my second shot and my dick grew an inch"

"I got my first shot and my cataracts disappeared"

"I got the J&J shot and I'm no longer addicted to opioids!"

I got vaccinated and my herpes went into remission."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Since disinformation works so well, we need to start pushing CRAZY positive rumors about the vaccine:

"I got my second shot and my dick grew an inch"

"I got my first shot and my cataracts disappeared"

"I got the J&J shot and I'm no longer addicted to opioids!"

I got vaccinated and my herpes went into remission."

I got vaccinated and got a personal thanks from MY president, and it gave me the power to make libs cry on sight.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cool.  I'm going there in a couple of weeks.  Guess I'll find out if the J&J holds up against Delta.

If I were you . . . and I'm no doctor . . . I'd be heading to the nearest pharmacy tomorrow for a Pfizer/Moderna shot.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cool.  I'm going there in a couple of weeks.  Guess I'll find out if the J&J holds up against Delta.

Two doses of Pfizer’s vaccine are still 88 percent effective at preventing symptomatic Delta infections, according to a U.K. study, and 96 percent effective at preventing hospitalization. 

Hopefully Moderna and J&J are similar.

Edited by HenryJames
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Two doses of Pfizer’s vaccine are still 88 percent effective at preventing symptomatic Delta infections, according to a U.K. study, and 96 percent effective at preventing hospitalization. 

Hopefully Moderna and J&J are similar.

Israel isn't showing such good news. It's just one study but might warrant a bit of caution.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-drop-pfizer-vaccine-protection-against-infections-still-strong-2021-07-05/

That sucks man. You did everything right this entire time and got stuck at the J and J special kids table...

Don't die because I enjoy the hiking updates
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lots of Eric Feigl Ding level dumbassery about the Israeli data. Their data probably understate the VE for methodological reasons. But the lay press runs with the scariant headlines. Lots of people looking for holes to live in and the clicks. Look for robust real world confirmation across multiple data sources. We aren't there yet. The data show strong effectiveness at preventing serious disease and death, the real endpoints. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Israel isn't showing such good news. It's just one study but might warrant a bit of caution.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-drop-pfizer-vaccine-protection-against-infections-still-strong-2021-07-05/

It’s not been clarified in any of the reporting I’ve seen but I have a feeling that’s because of the fact that Israel went first shot heavy and probably experienced some cases in the partially vaccinated population.

Just now, gmr548 said:

It’s not been clarified in any of the reporting I’ve seen but I have a feeling that’s because of the fact that Israel went first shot heavy and probably experienced some cases in the partially vaccinated population.

I don't think that is right.  Israel followed the label protocols cause they made a deal with PFE for supply in exchange for the data. They did not have the same level of supply constraints other country had to deal with. UK and Canada are your first dose optimization examples, but adenovirus vector vaccines were heavy in those settings vs. mRNA vaccines and it complicates the picture.  I think it boils down to mRNA vs. adenovirus vector vaccines. Former being stronger than latter at delta protection.  

Son is due for his second Pfizer shot soon.  Reading these stories doesn’t help my brain.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/cdc-reports-more-than-1200-cases-of-rare-heart-inflammation-after-covid-vaccine-shots.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/07/05/13-year-old-michigan-boy-dies-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-cdc-investigating/

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
This site is odd

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I got vaccinated and got a personal thanks from MY president, and it gave me the power to make libs cry on sight.

A great big, strong man came up to me, weeping, shook my hand and said, “Sir, thank you so much for getting vaccinated.”

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Son is due for his second Pfizer shot soon.  Reading these stories doesn’t help my brain.

It shouldn’t bother you. How many tens of millions of Pfizer shots have been given? How tiny of a percentage is there of anyone experiencing complications? We’re talking about a tiny, tiny fraction of a percent. Not getting vaccinated poses a greater risk to everybody.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It shouldn’t bother you. How many tens of millions of Pfizer shots have been given? How tiny of a percentage is there of anyone experiencing complications? We’re talking about a tiny, tiny fraction of a percent. Not getting vaccinated poses a greater risk to everybody.

It’s a valid concern. There’s extremely smart, qualified docs that think our child vaccination policy is too aggressive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

It would be nice to know the baseline rates of myocarditis and pericarditis in that age group, prior to the emergence of Covid.  The article also points out that both conditions are far more likely to associate with Covid than with the vaccine, which shifts the overall risk away from the vaccine and onto the disease itself.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Your son has already received the vast majority of the benefit from the first dose while almost all of the risk of adverse effects for teenage boys is with dose 2. If you are uncomfortable with proceeding then don’t. Of course that’s not what the cdc says, but there is a good case to be made that it should be revisited, specifically the guidance for your son’s demographic. 

These are people from very reputable academic facilities such as UCSF. One of the main authors has “progressive” in his bio if it makes you, or others, feel better. Talk to your pediatrician. Good luck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

Data on VE against variants out of Canada.  All of these studies have limitations, so important not to overweight the data coming out of any one country, but to consider the balance of the different data points. The balance of the data suggest that the vaccines are very effective against delta. It's the unvaccinated that I really worry about.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.28.21259420v1.full.pdf

Effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines against variants of concern, Canada

Screenshot-2021-07-07-103909.jpg

Two additional footnotes that got cut off the screengrab:

¶VE estimated as 100% based on zero vaccinated test-positive cases

**VE not reported due to extremely imprecise 95% confidence intervals

Edited by Anastasis

^ Note also that this is coming out of Canada, where they implemented a first dose prioritization of vaccine roll out to deal with period of supply constraint.  They also allow mixed vax regimens, although those data are not really reflected in the timeframe of that analysis. Might be particularly interesting to see what happens against Delta with the mixed AZ/mRNA regimens.

40 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’ll be in more danger when he gets his driver’s license. 

That is true regardless of his vaccination status.

12 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I'm glad you've stopped pretending to be a doctor yourself

My family is littered with nurses so I was taught early on to be nice to them. It’s served me well. Also, when I first met my wife she was a trauma babe, so you can say pretty much say whatever you want and I won’t get mad. Have a great afternoon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Lots of fucking around, at least some finding out:

"
Since Jan. 1, 2021, the FAA has received approximately 3,271 reports of unruly behavior by passengers, including about 2,475 reports of passengers refusing to comply with the federal facemask mandate. We have identified potential violations in 540 cases and have initiated enforcement action in 83 cases. During the same timeframe, the FAA has proposed more than $682,000 in fines against unruly passengers, including today’s cases.
"

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=26300

• Like 1

More than 125 people who attended a church camp in Galveston County last month have tested positive for Covid:

"DALLAS — More than 125 people who attended a camp hosted by a Galveston County church late last month have since tested positive for COVID-19, the church said.

Clear Creek Community Church, based in League City, hosted a ministry for students in grades six to 12 at a campground outside of Galveston County, pastor Bruce Wesley said in a written statement. The camp was attended by more than 400 people.

“Additionally, hundreds more were exposed to COVID-19 at camp,” Wesley said. “And hundreds of others were likely exposed when infected people returned home from camp.”

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/More-than-125-people-who-attended-Texas-church-16296189.php

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

More than 125 people who attended a church camp in Galveston County last month have tested positive for Covid:

"DALLAS — More than 125 people who attended a camp hosted by a Galveston County church late last month have since tested positive for COVID-19, the church said.

Clear Creek Community Church, based in League City, hosted a ministry for students in grades six to 12 at a campground outside of Galveston County, pastor Bruce Wesley said in a written statement. The camp was attended by more than 400 people.

“Additionally, hundreds more were exposed to COVID-19 at camp,” Wesley said. “And hundreds of others were likely exposed when infected people returned home from camp.”

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/More-than-125-people-who-attended-Texas-church-16296189.php

Kids. Camp. It’s going to happen. I’m sending mine to camp for two weeks this Sunday (assuming they are negative tomorrow). 

I don't think that is right.  Israel followed the label protocols cause they made a deal with PFE for supply in exchange for the data. They did not have the same level of supply constraints other country had to deal with. UK and Canada are your first dose optimization examples, but adenovirus vector vaccines were heavy in those settings vs. mRNA vaccines and it complicates the picture.  I think it boils down to mRNA vs. adenovirus vector vaccines. Former being stronger than latter at delta protection.  

I stand corrected then. That 64 percent for Pfizer is a pretty significant outlier against other reporting I’ve seen. We’ll see how it plays out I suppose. Nearly 100 percent protection against severe illness remains, really all I care about.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1