CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Just FYI, my wife tried to go and get the third Pfizer at Tom Thumb here in Dallas and they turned her away telling her to wait her turn. (She had an appointment.) She got the first dose right around the winter storm so she was a little early. She's had two corneal transplants and had some abdominal issues that led to her gall bladder being removed a couple of years back but she's technically not in immuno-compromised group probably.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just love all the drug names.  "Ask your doctor if Flekutark/Durkumep/Stertacuzim is right for you!"
Fast talking disclaimer/ Flekutark may cause anal discharge, seizures, cramping and bloating, constipation, dizziness and depression. Flekutark can have serious side effects like heart attacks, stroke and ED. Do not take Flekutark if you drink water
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brakeman said:

I sit here in the air conditioning watching the video you posted, but my mind has the epiphany of what it must've been like in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692. The mass hysteria that people like this woman has succumbed to is not going to end up much better I'm afraid. Hope the people on the receiving end of the accusations and vitriol have security...or bear spray...or a solid right hook.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Picked up these from CVS yesterday.  (negative, yay!)

image.jpeg.67b33dd7f2881d5146e51b893ec5011c.jpeg

Super simple with pretty thorough instructions.  Only requires a swab of the inside of the nostril (not all the way deep in your skull) and results in 15 mins.  Not sure I'd trust these if my life depended on it, but certainly seem good enough to get some peace of mind for a kid.

better stock up:

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My favorite part of those disclaimers is "do not take Flekutark if you are allergic to Flekutark".

Well, alrighty.

That little disclaimer right before fading to black never ceases to make my wife and I LOL.

We also marvel at the absolute insanity of the latest schizo drug commercials (the name escapes me).

Looks like water rationing could be coming to DeSantis’ Florida:

On Friday, WFTV interrupted a speech on Afghanistan by President Joe Biden to deliver the breaking news on a water shortage.

"It is rare that we would break in to the president speaking, but we have some important breaking news out of Orlando right now that could impact how much water you can use on your lawn and maybe even further than that," anchor Greg Warmoth reported.

Warmoth reported that the Orlando Utilities Commission is urging residents to immediately begin conserving water.

The utility relies upon liquid oxygen to clean the city's water supply, but is running into shortages due to the spread of the pandemic in Florida, where GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned many public health measures to limit the spread of coronavirus.

"Liquid oxygen is now in short supply due to a record number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients, and OUC said its supply is running low," the network reported. "Liquid oxygen removes hydrogen sulfide, a colorless gas, from the water. The gas, if not removed, gives the water a strong rotten egg smell."

"This is so crazy," WFTV reporter Lauren Seabrook tweeted. "Orlando residents need to conserve water immediately!"

https://www.rawstory.com/florida/?cx_testId=6&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Looks like water rationing could be coming to DeSantis’ Florida:

On Friday, WFTV interrupted a speech on Afghanistan by President Joe Biden to deliver the breaking news on a water shortage.

"It is rare that we would break in to the president speaking, but we have some important breaking news out of Orlando right now that could impact how much water you can use on your lawn and maybe even further than that," anchor Greg Warmoth reported.

Warmoth reported that the Orlando Utilities Commission is urging residents to immediately begin conserving water.

The utility relies upon liquid oxygen to clean the city's water supply, but is running into shortages due to the spread of the pandemic in Florida, where GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned many public health measures to limit the spread of coronavirus.

"Liquid oxygen is now in short supply due to a record number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients, and OUC said its supply is running low," the network reported. "Liquid oxygen removes hydrogen sulfide, a colorless gas, from the water. The gas, if not removed, gives the water a strong rotten egg smell."

"This is so crazy," WFTV reporter Lauren Seabrook tweeted. "Orlando residents need to conserve water immediately!"

https://www.rawstory.com/florida/?cx_testId=6&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

Or.....and go with me here......the residents of Florida should just start getting used to a stinky sulphur smell.  It will help with their adjustment.....later......

15108962.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I look at it from the point of view as a father, that hopes for all to be well & healthy regardless of political affiliation...
I saw a twitter post of a little girl struggling for breath makes you wanna be there for your kids to the moon & back...

I figured might as well play the song in the screwed version since its all we have left, is a society kinda screwed up...

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

60 day countdown to the termination notices flat earthers. 

I suspect there's going to be a grace period for some.  If there are high performers that are going to help make sure that fiscal year ends successfully, I expect some companies will push that date til a month or two after their fiscal year ends just to make sure they aren't having to mass replace people in the 4th quarter.  They'll do it this way...Voluntary work from home, no in office requirement, til a month into fiscal year.  Then day 1 of new fiscal year they'll announce the date is no longer moving, but everyone must be vaccinated.  I'm actually looking forward to the shit show at my company.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Potential dumb question alert: Does Biden have any recourse here? I mean, states that are actively going against real, verifiable public safety measures. Can he do anything? (and by he, I mean anyone he can direct) At this point how is this not crimes against humanity? How many piles of dead children will it take for people to wake the fuck up? Holy shit I can barely stand this anymore. Heading to take my 100mg gummy and chug some whiskey. Fuck all of them!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Military has already been put on notice. 

The fun starts when states start adding it to required school vaccinations 

Eh, there's a solid 20-30 states that wouldn't even consider a Covid mandate.  And those states that do implement it; parents with students who are anti-covid vax will just claim a religious or philosophical exemption:

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx

All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students. Although exemptions vary from state to state, all school immunization laws grant exemptions to children for medical reasons. There are 44 states and Washington D.C. that grant religious exemptions for people who have religious objections to immunizations. Currently, 15 states allow philosophical exemptions for children whose parents object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.

5 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Thank you for all of the kind words and offers to get me blitzed. I may take y'all up on that if we make it through to the other side.

I have bad news: it is NOT Food Truck Friday and we're also short six nurses and four respiratory therapists tonight. 28/30 of our ICU COVID patients are on vents, and 14/30 of our patients in the surgical ICU are on vents. Absolutely unprecedented.

I'm also a little hung over

So what would it take for us to make it a Food Truck Friday?