CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

49 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So what would it take for us to make it a Food Truck Friday?

I don't know the formal channels but I imagine it's too late for tonight anyway. I bought the last few bags of Cheez-Its from the vending machines before the Karens take them from me. It's a stress eating night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

On an unrelated note these are the sunglasses my daughter wears:

B011C949-C311-44D5-A86A-9171000F0E7F.jpeg

I take comfort that somewhere in the multiverse, Anonymous has hacked Tucker Carlson’s Twitter account and start pushing the narrative that ingesting horse semen is an effective covid treatment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Potential dumb question alert: Does Biden have any recourse here? I mean, states that are actively going against real, verifiable public safety measures. Can he do anything? (and by he, I mean anyone he can direct) At this point how is this not crimes against humanity? How many piles of dead children will it take for people to wake the fuck up? Holy shit I can barely stand this anymore. Heading to take my 100mg gummy and chug some whiskey. Fuck all of them!

I'm wondering this too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Thank you for all of the kind words and offers to get me blitzed. I may take y'all up on that if we make it through to the other side.

I have bad news: it is NOT Food Truck Friday and we're also short six nurses and four respiratory therapists tonight. 28/30 of our ICU COVID patients are on vents, and 14/30 of our patients in the surgical ICU are on vents. Absolutely unprecedented.

I'm also a little hung over

I was gonna say, maybe alcohol enabling isn't the best idea right now. As I type this, I am drinking a Shiner.

But seriously, it is one thing to have a few, and another to get really drunk and be worthless the next day.  No judgment, I just think we all might feel better if we didn't let go just yet. If we are still here in a couple of weeks, then a reevaluation may be in order. 

Vince was down 12 with 4 minutes to go and he pulled it out.  Hang on a little bit longer and you will be richly rewarded with Surly $ and rep points.

I don't know the formal channels but I imagine it's too late for tonight anyway. I bought the last few bags of Cheez-Its from the vending machines before the Karens take them from me. It's a stress eating night.

Want us to send y’all some pizzas? For serious. Send us a name and location, I’ll send you some hot grub.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

TB doesn’t care for sausage. She prefers croissants. Or some other food metaphor for vaginas.

Vagina = taco...or peach. I'm disappointed in this board.

I mean, these are mostly men we're talking about here, soooo...

@Brisketexancheck DMs

Gotta get back to it

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And….my wife pointedly asks me “why are you ordering pizzas for a bunch of nurses, and how do you know them?”

I decide that the easiest thing to do was tell her that I’m having an affair with every nurse on the ICU floor, and I need them to keep up their strength for later. It just seemed easier than telling her the truth.

She doesn't know about this pit of sin?

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And….my wife pointedly asks me “why are you ordering pizzas for a bunch of nurses, and how do you know them?”

I decide that the easiest thing to do was tell her that I’m having an affair with every nurse on the ICU floor, and I need them to keep up their strength for later. It just seemed easier than telling her the truth.

Go with the truth.  She will pick you apart otherwise.  You married a smart one, and while that is normally a good thing, it’s a bad thing when you are trying to buy pizza for nurses behind her back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You know what’s fun? When you’ve been meticulously trying to plan a COVID-safe first birthday for your daughter and then your parents casually stop by unprompted the night before and your dad, after about 20 minutes of hanging out in the house (site of party) and playing with the kids, casually mentions that he’s been feeling a little sick lately and was actually trying to book a COVID test earlier today but didn’t.

We got him to take an at-home test and thankfully it was negative, but there was about an hour where I thought my wife was going to burn the city down.

I genuinely think they do this type of shit on purpose. Like the raptors testing the fences for weaknesses. We've been pretty firm with in-laws and grandparents during the pandemic about expectations, particularly one of the kids' grandmas who is in a very rural, very low-education location. "Before you come to visit, please stop seeing people for a week. We're really excited to have you here for 10 days." We have to do this because we know that her entire church probably didn't vaccinate. They probably formed small circles and Mongolian throat sang into each other's mouths to own the libs during a peak of the pandemic. Anyway, within 2 hours of her being here after an 8 hour drive, she starts rattling on about how she was at a potluck two days prior. Fun, fun, fun. BTW, her church had to go virtual last week because a very large portion of the congregation popped for COVID. Better now than then, at least. And she neglected to tell her parents, my great grandparents who were supposed to visit her soon, that her community is in the middle of an outbreak. I made sure they knew and they thanked me because now they're not going.

But those same great grandparents in the fall of '20 promised to isolate, as well, in order to see their great grandchildren. We strictly isolated because I'll be damned if their deaths will be caused by us. 20 minutes into the visit, great grandfather talks about how he was at a church meeting a few days before we visited. You had one job, man. It happened so often during the heart of the pandemic that 1) we stopped planning anything with anyone in our family who was rural because they just couldn't help themselves, and 2) it happened so much that it had to be on purpose. It was as if they were trying to prove some kind of point. Fast forward a year and all of our rural family have lost friends to COVID. None of our family who live in cities have lost friends to COVID. If I had a vengeful streak, I'd be reminding the rural family constantly that it is but for the grace of God that it wasn't them and that they didn't get us sick.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My folks and inlaws know to have a mask when they come visit.  If we are outdoors its different.  Everyone's vaxxed except my kids and we aren't taking any chances especially until the can get vaxxed. 

And you know what, they said, yep that's fine.  Can't be too careful.  

I have a hard time imagining the battles y'all have to go through.  Sounds like it fuckin sucks.  

Stay vigilant.

6 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I genuinely think they do this type of shit on purpose. Like the raptors testing the fences for weaknesses. We've been pretty firm with in-laws and grandparents during the pandemic about expectations, particularly one of the kids' grandmas who is in a very rural, very low-education location. "Before you come to visit, please stop seeing people for a week. We're really excited to have you here for 10 days." We have to do this because we know that her entire church probably didn't vaccinate. They probably formed small circles and Mongolian throat sang into each other's mouths to own the libs during a peak of the pandemic. Anyway, within 2 hours of her being here after an 8 hour drive, she starts rattling on about how she was at a potluck two days prior. Fun, fun, fun. BTW, her church had to go virtual last week because a very large portion of the congregation popped for COVID. Better now than then, at least. And she neglected to tell her parents, my great grandparents who were supposed to visit her soon, that her community is in the middle of an outbreak. I made sure they knew and they thanked me because now they're not going.

But those same great grandparents in the fall of '20 promised to isolate, as well, in order to see their great grandchildren. We strictly isolated because I'll be damned if their deaths will be caused by us. 20 minutes into the visit, great grandfather talks about how he was at a church meeting a few days before we visited. You had one job, man. It happened so often during the heart of the pandemic that 1) we stopped planning anything with anyone in our family who was rural because they just couldn't help themselves, and 2) it happened so much that it had to be on purpose. It was as if they were trying to prove some kind of point. Fast forward a year and all of our rural family have lost friends to COVID. None of our family who live in cities have lost friends to COVID. If I had a vengeful streak, I'd be reminding the rural family constantly that it is but for the grace of God that it wasn't them and that they didn't get us sick.

TLDR:  most of the olds suck.

Thank you for all of the kind words and offers to get me blitzed. I may take y'all up on that if we make it through to the other side.
I have bad news: it is NOT Food Truck Friday and we're also short six nurses and four respiratory therapists tonight. 28/30 of our ICU COVID patients are on vents, and 14/30 of our patients in the surgical ICU are on vents. Absolutely unprecedented.
I'm also a little hung over
I'm in for $100. Booze, dinner or Tahiti. It's time to back the ones who have to face this daily.

TB, you rock! Hook' Em..

Disclaimer......
I've had a lot to drink tonight, we're moving our oldest in at UT tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 3

Y’all are so awesome!

Hang tough trauma babe!

It’s SO bad y’all.

I just got home. 14 hour days are killing me. Spent the week revamping our testing services and got 5 new sites rolled out today.

We conducted almost 700 tests today. I bet a good half of them were kids. I had to excuse myself for a mini breakdown.

I just took a double dose of Valium and plan to pass out for about 18 hours.

PLEASE be careful. Keep your kids home if you can. This shit hasn’t even come close to peaking.

And on deck for next week? Commandeering part of our parking deck for triage and overflow ICU beds.

If COVID doesn’t get me, exhaustion and despair just might.

God - my exhaustion is the only thing keeping my rage at bay and going full Michael Douglas in “Falling Down” on the selfish morons surrounding me.
I'm in on $100 for Bama's happy hour. We're family now (Sec)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all are so awesome!

Hang tough trauma babe!

It’s SO bad y’all.

I just got home. 14 hour days are killing me. Spent the week revamping our testing services and got 5 new sites rolled out today.

We conducted almost 700 tests today. I bet a good half of them were kids. I had to excuse myself for a mini breakdown.

I just took a double dose of Valium and plan to pass out for about 18 hours.

PLEASE be careful. Keep your kids home if you can. This shit hasn’t even come close to peaking.

And on deck for next week? Commandeering part of our parking deck for triage and overflow ICU beds.

If COVID doesn’t get me, exhaustion and despair just might.

God - my exhaustion is the only thing keeping my rage at bay and going full Michael Douglas in “Falling Down” on the selfish morons surrounding me.

I'm sorry BC. Moving to the Northeast, 17 years ago was the best thing that could've happened to me now. The blissful ignorant will not be denied. I have the sad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Brisket.

De nada, for verdad. Our collective thanks to y’all.

Most of us have had a badass nurse or two take care of us (I was in an ER just a few months ago, appreciated the work they did, and their calming presence. Especially the curvy one with the flower tattoo). But the work y’all are doing is wartime-level shit, and it’s also infuriating because it’s mostly self-inflicted.

So, a hot meal is pretty close to the least we can do.

Keep your head up.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2