CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Guest Lobo
19 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Reminds me of the old comedy bit about dealing with a car salesman, "Hey folks, let's go back in the office and see what the numbers do..."

"Okay, let's hope the big ones don't go to the left."

I guess it would to the right here, but who the fuck in the Governor's office did that?  How many times did that dipshit have to move months around and have the software ask you, "Are you sure you want to move April to after May but before March?"  

Republicans have already been caught numerous times lying to try to downplay the virus. Of course they're going to propaganda this up and make up false or misleading stats. They're the enemy of truth and Americans. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 1

Morality?

Lol. Petty, stupid, and should be above the Governor of Texas. Also California had a very large projected surplus this year before COVID. So it's showing or pre-covid for one state and post- for another. We all know Texas's finances are a smoking crater right now.

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Eric Trump claimed that the coronavirus will “magically” vanish after the November election and allow the country to fully reopen.

Hoax!

Of course, he didn't trot down to the Fox News studio to make that claim. He did it remotely, in isolation. 

Hey fucker, go ahead and have your dad hold his rallies. What's stopping you? Not the Democrats, that's for sure. Go hold a rally in Kansas. Go hold one in North Carolina. Go hold one in Florida. And make sure you're there on the stage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

It’s true sadly. It’s also true that the opposite is happening. Red states will be less likely to close as fast as needed if serious flares happen. 

For instance, there’s no reason for the Cal state system to already come out and say no classes on campus in the fall.  There’s really no assessment in the threat level that can be made yet. It’s just a move motivated by politics. UT will likely have some on campus stuff in June, but California already knows what’s best through December? Cmon. 

We're 'Murica. We don't care what is happening in the rest of the world! Who cares what happened to the rest of the world when they tried opening back up?

Totally politics! The Cal State system will lose hundreds of millions of dollars by going virtual and preventing campuses from becoming hotspots....but it's politics, goddammit!

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Figured that was coming. Plenty of us former Chaps hate his fucking guts. 

Who Sam? Hate his guts for what? I don't care for his politics by any means, but let's not act like he's on the level of Buck Burnette.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florida-man-who-called-coronavirus-fake-crisis-gets-infected/

Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, issues warning
By Yaron Steinbuch

May 18, 2020 | 6:40am

Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

A Florida man who initially believed the coronavirus was a “fake crisis” that was “blown out of proportion” is now hospitalized along with his wife — and is sounding a cautionary note about the deadly bug.

“I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” Brian Hitchens told WPTV from his hospital bed.

“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” he wrote.

The Uber driver described his ordeal in a lengthy Facebook post.

“Many people still think that the Coronavirus is a fake crisis which at one time I did too and not that I thought it wasn’t a real virus going around but at one time I felt that it was blown out of proportion and it wasn’t that serious,” he wrote.

1f92e7e7204081d8f6454c0fe4254272.jpg

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florida-man-who-called-coronavirus-fake-crisis-gets-infected/

A couple of thoughts: 

1.  That "article" could have been summed up in two sentences.

2.  There doesn't appear to be much room for brains on this guy.  

(I didn't quote his photo.  You're welcome).

Sam is young enough that his politics are still mostly informed by some combination of his parents and peers.

His mom and dad were UT greeks in the 80s, he grew up in Westlake, he's associated with a bunch of meathead athletes, the white ones at least probably also inclined to be Trump-types.

On the other hand, his Dad was a PI lawyer, his mom is a suburban soccer mom type, can't speak to the monolithicness of Westlake politics, but I can tell you that other affluent, white suburban enclaves are not Trump strongholds.  And you gotta think every black player on the team is vehemently anti-Trump.

Of course, maybe athletes are just interested in opening things up for their own reasons.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

LOL.  Trump is taking HCQ. 

Some side effects:

yellow eyes or skin

feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior

feeling that others can hear your thoughts

feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there

increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid

unusual facial expressions

unusual tiredness or weakness

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychloroquine-side-effects.html

Perhaps he's been doing this for some time.  

• Like 1

Just now, MC Fresh Breath said:

I imagine whoever his personal physician is (I don't keep up) is most likely giving him sugar pills. 

Or more likely he just made it up and will eventually turn around and say he was just kidding and how could we take him seriously and not get his sarcasm.

Or door number 3, he's a lying sack of shit 

• Like 1

Of course, he didn't trot down to the Fox News studio to make that claim. He did it remotely, in isolation. 
Hey fucker, go ahead and have your dad hold his rallies. What's stopping you? Not the Democrats, that's for sure. Go hold a rally in Kansas. Go hold one in North Carolina. Go hold one in Florida. And make sure you're there on the stage. 
Shake some hands Eric. Show us you are smart and can do things, not like people say. KAGA bro!

I'd bet money that Trump is lying about taking hydroxychloroquine. (I think always betting that he's lying is probably a winning proposition but that's beside the point.) I'd like to hear the media request to see him take the drug. Let's get it on camera. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This story is so sad because his wife is probably going to die from C19.  She can’t get off the ventilator.

so he kept driving for Uber during a pandemic with zero protection or caution and assumed God would save him and now he's saying his wife and God will forgive him?

No, you just killed your wife and neither will ever forgive you. This idiot has to be a trumper, right?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd bet money that Trump is lying about taking hydroxychloroquine. (I think always betting that he's lying is probably a winning proposition but that's beside the point.) I'd like to hear the media request to see him take the drug. Let's get it on camera. 

I just heard on the radio he was taking the drug and my first thought was that he is probably lying. Dude lies about everything this is no different. Probably just floating this out there to support his miracle cure claim.

It's going to be the dumbest timeline ever if HCQ verifiably has benefits if applied early enough to covid and Trump can claim credit.  But he should not be the one talking about it.  He can't communicate anything with any depth of understanding or nuance.  Not only does he risk prompting people to take ill advised and unsupervised risks, he also stands to poison the well where some good may yet to be found.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It's going to be the dumbest timeline ever if HCQ verifiably has benefits if applied early enough to covid and Trump can claim credit.  But he should not be the one talking about it.  He can't communicate anything with any depth of understanding or nuance.  Not only does he risk prompting people to take ill advised and unsupervised risks, he also stands to poison the well where some good may yet to be found.

He’s apparently combining it with zinc so he must be watching leak prosperity YouTube videos.  

• Like 1

here's your daily dose of HCQ news:

CNN: Yet another study shows hydroxychloroquine doesn't work against Covid-19

In the most recent study, researchers at the University at Albany looked at 1,438 patients with coronavirus who were admitted to 25 New York City area hospitals. After statistical adjustments, the death rate for patients taking hydroxychloroquine was similar to those who did not take the drug. The death rate for those taking hydroxychloroquine plus the antibiotic azithromycin, was also similar.

However, the patients who took the drug combination were more than twice as likely to suffer cardiac arrest during the course of the study. Heart issues are a known side effect of hydroxychloroquine.

^^^ it's a study based on late administration of HCQ ---> 1438 ppl who had it long enough and had it advance enough to require hospitalization.

Meanwhile, this article today out France (may need your PC to translate):

Effectiveness of the measures, a factual point of view? Significant regional differences.

"In Marseille, the mortality rate is lower than that of Germany, probably because the massive screening and the treatment given early has an ESSENTIAL effect."

[...]

"In Marseille with the HCQ + AZ protocol and screening, the rate is 30 times lower than in the whole of France. "

20200516_fs_comparaison_taux_de_mortalit

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I imagine whoever his personal physician is (I don't keep up) is most likely giving him sugar pills. 

Or more likely he just made it up and will eventually turn around and say he was just kidding and how could we take him seriously and not get his sarcasm.

I imagine this when I think of Trump’s doctor.

spacer.png

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What has changed is Obama was dominating the news cycle, so Trump had to make some shit up.

This. The chemical program that controls the behavior of ants is more complicated than the one that controls Donald Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

The neuropsychiatric side effects are not to be trifled with. But hey wtf, what could it hurt. 

Extrapyramidal disease, peripheral motor neuropathy, hallucinations, mood changes, or suicidal behavior are definitely not to trifled with, absolutely.  All of those are considered RARE side effects.  It then follows, what is the approximate minimum number of doses needed for such a side effect to manifest?  Toxic retinopathy in one study happened after 5 years of daily dosing in 7.5% of subjects.  In another study, those at risk for hemolytic anemia from G6PD deficiency never had a hemolytic crisis during 700 months of combined subjects observation.

The Covid protocols getting used variably around the globe last about 5 days, not daily dosing for 5 years or more.  Show me where anyone had those kinds of rare effects happen within 5 days of dosing (could be, I haven't found any yet).  From what I can tell, the acute effects of concern are the cardiac ones.  Arrhythmia can result from a "threshold" electrophysiologic event and cause rapid onset dangerous effects.  Because we're hearing about swollen arterial linings and coagulation events related to Covid, it makes sense to consider a cutoff in medical presentation where you just don't give HCQ due to the elevated risks that disease progression represents.

Edited by triplehorn

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Extrapyramidal disease, peripheral motor neuropathy, hallucinations, mood changes, or suicidal behavior are definitely not to trifled with, absolutely.  All of those are considered RARE side effects.  It then follows, what is the approximate minimum number of doses needed for such a side effect to manifest? 

The number needed to harm is fairly well established.  What is not well established is the number needed to treat to prevent one fatal COVID case. Risk benefit and all that. 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Welp..... at least he's okay with the guilt part.  

He added: “So think about what I wrote and think about if this thing is a fake crisis.

“Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn’t and perhaps I’m paying the price for it now but I know that if it was me that gave it to my wife I know that she forgives me and I know that God forgives me.”