CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Guest Lobo

^

Isn't August 4th supposed to be meteorologically the hottest day of the year in the U.S.?  Seems like that should be out lowest death occurrence.  Certainly plenty of light out there that day.  

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

For instance, there’s no reason for the Cal state system to already come out and say no classes on campus in the fall.  There’s really no assessment in the threat level that can be made yet. It’s just a move motivated by politics. UT will likely have some on campus stuff in June, but California already knows what’s best through December? Cmon. 

This is just incorrect.  The Cal State system is listening to doctors and paying attention to the models.  Are they erring on the side of caution?  Maybe, and if so, they're to be commended for that, not accused of politicking.  They're probably also trying to make sure all of their online classes fill up since that's what they know they've got to work with for now.

The Republican party line at this point is basically "everybody back to your cubicles so we can fix the economy and our fat brokerage accounts and keep our puppet in the White House, and if another hundred thousand of you pee-ons have to die then that's just collateral damage, and if you won't go back to your lives as if nothing's wrong, you're out to get the president and you should be ashamed of yourselves for this blatant politicking!"

Fuck that noise.  Listen to the doctors, not the self-centered sociopaths in charge of this train wreck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Nancy going hard in the paint.

This is problematic for two reasons. Fat shaming and disregarding #science. 
bmi of >40 is morbid obesity. 
6’2”. You have to be 310lbs. And he isn’t. 
#followthescience

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

#followthescience

Well, he's probably lying about being 6-2.

#followthescience

Ronny Jackson has certainly proved himself to be above partisan politics and definitely would never lie about Trump’s weight.

Nope. I see people and their weights all day. He isn’t 300lbs.
Id guess more In the 250-260 range.

You piss away your credibility about the most absurd things. Actually, I guess that’s something you share with your diety. There’s no fucking way he’s 250-60 - his height, his girth, no fucking way.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nope. I see people and their weights all day. He isn’t 300lbs.

Id guess more In the 250-260 range.

I'm 6' 3" and in my days as a practicing alcoholic I got up to 245.  I was never as big as Trump is.

If Trump is actually 6' 3", he's at least 280.

I could believe he's "only" 260 if he's actually only about 6'.

I suppose it's equally possible that he's lying about his height instead of his weight.  But given who we're talking about, it's probably both.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t. Fat people are gross. But isn’t the left all inclusive?

Nope. I don't have a problem with fat shaming when it's called for.

I don't include nazis, the klan, the AB, or other assorted assholes. 

Just don't pretend you don't fat shame too. It all depends on the target. And he's fair game at any time. That comes with the position. 

So fuck off. 

He's earned every bit of scorn and derision he gets. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You piss away your credibility about the most absurd things. Actually, I guess that’s something you share with your diety. There’s no fucking way he’s 250-60 - his height, his girth, no fucking way.

Maybe he has really skinny bird legs, you ever think of that?

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

This person is fat and needs to get control of themselves.

10 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

This was a big consideration in my weight estimate. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m 6’3” and once got up to 270. I was nowhere close to as fat as Dotard is now. 

You sound like a poor.  Most of surly weighs in at 270 too, but they are also 6'6", built like Dwayne Johnson, and can take out a navy seal team single handedly while never spilling their scotch.

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You sound like a poor.  Most of surly weighs in at 270 too, but they are also 6'6", built like Dwayne Johnson, and can take out a navy seal team single handedly while never spilling their scotch.

Things a fat person says. /50000 dollar pyramid 

50 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm 6' 3" and in my days as a practicing alcoholic I got up to 245.  I was never as big as Trump is.

I suppose it's equally possible that he's lying about his height instead of his weight.  But given who we're talking about, it's probably both.

Old people bones lose density though. That knocks off a few pounds.  A normal brain weighs 3 pounds too.  Trump doesn't have one. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This was a big consideration in my weight estimate. 

Sure, he looks like he's 40 pounds heavier than he says he is, but he couldn't possibly be lying about his weight by a full 40 pounds.  He just wouldn't do that!  And to coerce a medical professional to tell that lie for him on national tv?  I don't believe it.  So he must have only lied about his weight by 20 pounds, and he only looks 40 pounds heavier, but he's got chicken legs, see?

Trumpkins are fucking amazing.  Y'all will be studied by political scientists and sociologists for centuries.

Edited by TexArcher

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Sure, he looks like he's 40 pounds heavier than he says he is, but he couldn't possibly be lying about his weight by a full 40 lbs.  He just wouldn't do that!  And to coerce a medical professional to tell that lie for him on national tv?  I don't believe it.  So he must have only lied about his weight by 20 pounds, and he only looks 40 pounds heavier, but he's got chicken legs, see?

Trumpkins are fucking amazing.  Y'all will be studied by political scientists and sociologists for centuries.

Check your sarcasm meter on my post.

Just now, GRHorn said:

Things a fat person says. /50000 dollar pyramid 

Lol. There is almost zero chance that you aren't fatter than me.  Not that I am some workout king either. I just don't have the ability to get fat.  

Also, that isn't always a good thing. 

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

For instance, there’s no reason for the Cal state system to already come out and say no classes on campus in the fall.  There’s really no assessment in the threat level that can be made yet. It’s just a move motivated by politics. UT will likely have some on campus stuff in June, but California already knows what’s best through December? Cmon. 

Really?  You're in healthcare?  You're saying there's no evidence of what happens to coronaviruses in the fall?  LOL  

You can say they overreacted to the very clear evidence of what is most likely to occur in the fall but only the dumbest MF doctor ever would say 'there's really no assessment in threat level that can be made' about what happens with coronaviruses in the fall.  Are you an ortho device rep or?  You've pretended to be a doctor in a few posts and I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. 

Here's some guy from Harvard who managed to assess the threat level of a coronavirus in the fall.  How did he ever do that?!

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/harvard-epidemiologist-beware-covid-19-s-second-wave-fall

Fall will be difficult

Lipsitch said that despite hopes that summer will bring continued relief from the spread of the virus, “fall will be very much like the spring,” and the usual pattern of coronaviruses is likely continue with new transmission peaking in November and cases peaking in December.

“We will have a harder time controlling coronavirus in the fall ... and we will all be very tired of social distancing and other tactics. The hard thing will be to keep enough of it to protect our ICUs and keep the number of cases from flaring up,” he said.

Controlling the virus may call for a return to the tactics that have worked in spring and a continued focus on maintaining resources such as personal protective equipment and increasing viral testing.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Really?  You're in healthcare?  You're saying there's no evidence of what happens to coronaviruses in the fall?  LOL  

You can say they overreacted to the very clear evidence of what is most likely to occur in the fall but only the dumbest MF doctor ever would say 'there's really no assessment in threat level that can be made' about what happens with coronaviruses in the fall.  Are you an ortho device rep or?  You've pretended to be a doctor in a few posts and I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. 

Here's some guy from Harvard who managed to assess the threat level of a coronavirus in the fall.  How did he ever do that?!

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/harvard-epidemiologist-beware-covid-19-s-second-wave-fall

Fall will be difficult

Lipsitch said that despite hopes that summer will bring continued relief from the spread of the virus, “fall will be very much like the spring,” and the usual pattern of coronaviruses is likely continue with new transmission peaking in November and cases peaking in December.

“We will have a harder time controlling coronavirus in the fall ... and we will all be very tired of social distancing and other tactics. The hard thing will be to keep enough of it to protect our ICUs and keep the number of cases from flaring up,” he said.

Controlling the virus may call for a return to the tactics that have worked in spring and a continued focus on maintaining resources such as personal protective equipment and increasing viral testing.

You really should come by more often. Yes, you should ask him about his practice. Do be sure to inquire about PPE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Controlling the virus may call for a return to the tactics that have worked in spring and a continued focus on maintaining resources such as personal protective equipment and increasing viral testing

From your own quote. And it’s my base case too, but to say officially before Memorial Day that we’re done for sure through the end of the year is premature imo. Let the data dictate, right?  

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

And if your guess isn’t accurate within 10 pounds, they get their choice of prize from the lower shelf!

Ah, it’s a profit deal.  Takes the pressure off.  Get your weight guessed right here. Only a buck. Actual live weight guessing.  Take a chance and win some crap!

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

From your own quote. And it’s my base case too, but to say officially before Memorial Day that we’re done for sure through the end of the year is premature imo. Let the data dictate, right?  

What data? The non-existent testing? Unreported deaths? 

Whose data? 

We're numero uno right now bro

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You've pretended to be a doctor in a few posts and I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. 

No we’ve gone back and forth before. Remember when you claimed there was a scenario that you could abort a fetus if the mom’s life was in danger faster than you could deliver it via c section?

Complete and utter garbage. 

Edited by GRHorn

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

No we’ve gone back and forth before. Remember when you claimed there was a scenario that you could abort a fetus if the mom’s life was in danger faster than you could deliver it via c section?

I’m not a doctor but I wish you were aborted as a fetus.  It would make this board easier to read and I have you on ignore.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

What data? The non-existent testing? Unreported deaths? 

Whose data? 

We're numero uno right now bro

I would go with the hospitalization and death data after we try to open things up. See how things evolve. it’s complex. I don’t have one data set.

UT will have students on campus in June. Should the University come out now, on May 18th, and say nope no school through 2020? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Agree to disagree 

Sam is young enough that his politics are still mostly informed by some combination of his parents and peers.
His mom and dad were UT greeks in the 80s, he grew up in Westlake, he's associated with a bunch of meathead athletes, the white ones at least probably also inclined to be Trump-types.
On the other hand, his Dad was a PI lawyer, his mom is a suburban soccer mom type, can't speak to the monolithicness of Westlake politics, but I can tell you that other affluent, white suburban enclaves are not Trump strongholds.  And you gotta think every black player on the team is vehemently anti-Trump.
Of course, maybe athletes are just interested in opening things up for their own reasons.
Maybe he was just agreeing that California is more moral than Texas.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

i think he probably weighs 275 in the morning, and 285 with a full diaper.  so whenever we see him, i'd guess he's about ~285.

i'd love to see him at a boxing weigh in.  him stepping out of his lifts must be like when you're talking to some blondo at a party and she takes off her heels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1