CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Morality?

wE'rE aLl In tHiS tOgEtHeR

Seriously, our "enemies" abroad don't even have to plot on us anymore. The division created by the far right will be the downfall of this country.

By the way our QB1 liked the tweet. 

Edited by Bruh Man

2 minutes ago, bernorange said:

* Pending SCOTUS decision this summer...

There are three key differences here in my opinion as a dildo model.

First, the the Federal Reserve is not led by a single person, which is important to the case in Seila.

Second, the "Chair of the Federal Reserve" is actually three separate positions, as I point out above, and the president appoints two: Fed Governor and Chair of the Board of Governors. The other position, Chair of the Federal Open Markets Committee, is elected by the members and is traditionally the Chair of the Board of Govs, but that's not statutory. 

Third, and most importantly, the Federal Reserve System is not an agency of the executive branch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I dunno. Staring 100,000 deaths in the face, I thought something might change

willie-its-the-economy-stupid.jpg?w=378&

Not sure what I'm trying to say here, other than the words.  A mixed message to say the least.  But it seemed to fit.

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

So there is really no federal plan. 

When in doubt, they use the fallback plan of punting on first down. In this case, they are letting States practice as "laboratories of democracy" while unnecessary damage and pain rain down on the People and economy of this nation. 

Edited by washparkhorn

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I knew that Obama was incompetent and corrupt but did that fucker really leave us absolutely no COVID-19 tests when he left office in 2016??  How can you guys defend that??  #Obamagate. #5G. #Ivankastits

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I knew that Obama was incompetent and corrupt but did that fucker really leave us absolutely no COVID-19 tests when he left office in 2016??  How can you guys defend that??  #Obamagate. #5G. #Ivankastits

This is incredibly accurate.  Extra rep for that last hashtag too.

California has a $24 billion surplus. The $54 billion is the projected deficit by the end of 2021. Texas will have a similar deficit due to COVID-19 (and a much smaller surplus to cushion the initial shock). 

An informative piece from the DMN that urges austerity measures to cope with Texas' looming funding crisis: https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2020/04/27/brace-for-the-next-coronavirus-impact-destruction-of-state-city-budgets/

Never-mind the damage at the local level. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sam liked this tweet.  He’s been liking a lot of similar stuff.  

Let's be honest here. He's exactly the type of ignorant, low intelligence red neck the republican party preys on. Solid, if unspectacular, QB though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Figured that was coming. Plenty of us former Chaps hate his fucking guts. 

Hate is a strong word. I only hate 2 people and they both aggrieved me personally. Even then, I try my best not to dwell on things too much.

Sam’s just a football player. 

As much as I dislike anyone named Trump, I think the point Eric was making is that the states with Democrats as governors will hold off on opening up until after the election to tru and hurt his Daddy.  Not that the virus will disappear literally.  

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

As much as I dislike anyone named Trump, I think the point Eric was making is that the states with Democrats as governors will hold off on opening up until after the election to tru and hurt his Daddy.  Not that the virus will disappear literally.  

It’s true sadly. It’s also true that the opposite is happening. Red states will be less likely to close as fast as needed if serious flares happen. 

For instance, there’s no reason for the Cal state system to already come out and say no classes on campus in the fall.  There’s really no assessment in the threat level that can be made yet. It’s just a move motivated by politics. UT will likely have some on campus stuff in June, but California already knows what’s best through December? Cmon. 

Edited by GRHorn

35 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

These guts?

spacer.png

I recently put rice, ranch style beans, and sausage all together in a container. Not once did it occur to me to take a picture to share. I will confirm it both looked AND tasted better than this.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I recently put rice, ranch style beans, and sausage all together in a container. Not once did it occur to me to take a picture to share. I will confirm it both looked AND tasted better than this.

Was there a massive run on Miralax that prompted you to do that instead?

• Haha 1