Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 8/3/2018 at 10:50 PM, PhillyD said:

I think Texas could push back on showing high school games.  It feels like Deloss totally rolled over on that one and didn't even try to fight.

Good luck with that.  aggy, in particular, would fight it tooth-and-nail.  They would lock arms with every other D-1 school in the state and never let it happen.

Not sure how I missed this, but :

"New for 2018: The Big Ticket seating at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium is general admission. Students are encouraged to arrive early as seating is filled on a first come, first served basis. All student seating is now in sections 29-39 in the southeast corner of the stadium.

The Big Ticket is loaded onto your UT student ID. Just scan at the gates and you’re in to find an open seat. All student seating is general admission and available on a first come, first served basis. For some high demand games, Big Ticket access will be limited, so students are encouraged to always arrive early."

https://texassports.com/sports/2014/5/29/tickets_0529144327.aspx

Edited by dcbc

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Good luck with that.  aggy, in particular, would fight it tooth-and-nail.  They would lock arms with every other D-1 school in the state and never let it happen.

How?   It’s espns channel.  Aggy can’t do shit.  We rolled over way too easy on that.  We should tell ESPN to do it.  Nobody can stop them.  

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Make it “LHN” 12 hours a day and “pac16espnbig12ish” the other 12. Demarcate but cross-promote and advertise. Officially put the HS stuff on in pac16espnbig12ish hours.

I like your kinda thought man..! 

giphy.gif

Bevo Blvd sounds like a great idea. And one hat could really get the atmosphere more lively before a game.

Apparently they switched stadium Stampede to San Jacinto and Dodds Way. I think I’ve only been To one game where it was there. Usually it started from Dedman and Dodds. 

Usually the visiting team buses come up San Jacinto because their entrance is San Jacinto (northwest side of stadium). I wonder how this will change.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:30 PM, Butch Had Not said:

What should it be? Outside of press conferences,  signing day stuff, classic games,  and the actual live games,  it needs more.  But i don't know what that is. They can't show high school football which would be awesome. More women's diving would be cool. 

We CAN show high school football.  We OWN the fucking property.   All of it.  Every division.  The entire state.  Fuck aggy, they're the ones who went postal when we first floated the idea.  They're gone.  FUCK THEM.  WALL2FUCKINGWALL High School all week long.  Replay ALL THE GAMES.  Have a weekly one-hour coaches show for every district in every division with skype interviews conducted from the LHN broadcast center.

WEPPONIZE IT.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, dcbc said:

Not sure how I missed this, but :

"New for 2018: The Big Ticket seating at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium is general admission. Students are encouraged to arrive early as seating is filled on a first come, first served basis. All student seating is now in sections 29-39 in the southeast corner* of the stadium.

The Big Ticket is loaded onto your UT student ID. Just scan at the gates and you’re in to find an open seat. All student seating is general admission and available on a first come, first served basis. For some high demand games, Big Ticket access will be limited, so students are encouraged to always arrive early."

https://texassports.com/sports/2014/5/29/tickets_0529144327.aspx

*Absolutely BRUTAL for day games.

And making it "First Come/ First Serve" means that there are going to be some absolutely LOBSTER RED, PRE-SKIN CANCER kids in rows 29-31 by the time they file out of the stadium.

This may sound great, but it is actual Cruel & Unusual Punishment for kids who can't control themselves until mid-October.

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

*Absolutely BRUTAL for day games.

And making it "First Come/ First Serve" means that there are going to be some absolutely LOBSTER RED, PRE-SKIN CANCER kids in rows 29-31 by the time they file out of the stadium.

This may sound great, but it is actual Cruel & Unusual Punishment for kids who can't control themselves until mid-October.

Why can’t they bring sun screen?

8 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Why can’t they bring sun screen?

Because they are going to be 17 to 19 year-old kids.

They're too stupid to know what's good for them.

The school is give them miles of rope with which they can use to practice making knots around their necks. It doesn't affect me, but there are going to be some beet red mother fuckers after home games in September and the start of October.

16 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

7d78c5844fd5c8741b64da5c4a664ff5.jpg

Fucking awesome

Not that I thought it would take long, but in one single move, CDC has done more good for game day than Patterson did in his entire tenure here.

When Patterson was here, I remember thinking "how is he getting this so wrong, this really shouldn't be that hard" but over and over we saw him implement things fans hated and take away things they loved.

All it took was a closed street, some food trucks, and reasonably priced beer (come on, for a sporting event, that's downright generous) to show that CDC gets it.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Because they are going to be 17 to 19 year-old kids.

They're too stupid to know what's good for them.

The school is give them miles of rope with which they can use to practice making knots around their necks. It doesn't affect me, but there are going to be some beet red mother fuckers after home games in September and the start of October.

You are right. Let’s put The olds there instead 

Students are such pussies these days. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 10:12 PM, PhillyD said:

Random thought.  

Longhorn Network hasn't been what I wanted it to be.  This guy, if he has the time, could make that happen.  A combination of is being good again in football and him putting some time into the network could make that the weapon I thought it could be.

Surly call in show with Derka. Who wouldn't watch that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

How?   It’s espns channel.  Aggy can’t do shit.  We rolled over way too easy on that.  We should tell ESPN to do it.  Nobody can stop them.  

How?  You serious, Clark?  The UIL has to agree to the broadcasts.  You don't think aggy could/would lobby them HARD to not do it?

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

How?  You serious, Clark?  The UIL has to agree to the broadcasts.  You don't think aggy could/would lobby them HARD to not do it?

I doubt UIL is going to turn down the opportunity for nationally broadcast football games.  It's good for hs players, coaches, and schools.

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’d like to do a call-in with you, me, and Derka as the round table. Turn it into a longhorn variety show. Have a political segment where jimmyjazz and Hugo Stiglitz alternate between shouting and sobbing at Johnny Sack, who lights his cigar by setting a $100 on fire and holding it to the end of the ciggy, and just generally acts smug to whatever jimmyjazz and Stiglitz are saying. Have a recruiting section where Sydney Carton basically just screams at callers while sarvanaash sits quietly in the sidekick chair and bites his fingernails. Have a current affairs segment where brisketexan attempts to read at least one headline before exploding into a tear-filled, red-faced tirade about the decline of humanity. I’d close every show by challenging the worst caller to a fight and telling Derka that Shaka Smart is a coaching genius. I like where you’re going with this. 

Underrated post.  

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Does Baylor still have the tarp in storage?  Maybe they would let us have it for those sections.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Maybe we’ll make a trade with aggy and in exchange for showing HS games, we’ll show that “one time we beat bama” game as much as we show our 2005 NC game???

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

I doubt UIL is going to turn down the opportunity for nationally broadcast football games.  It's good for hs players, coaches, and schools.

The UIL was created by, and is owned and controlled by, The University of Texas.

http://www.uiltexas.org/

Even so, I still think A&M and other schools especially in Texas, would appeal to the NCAA and claim it as an improper benefit to the program, to show high school games.  Whether or not that appeal would be successful, I don't know.  Do the SECN or BTN show high school games?  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’d like to do a call-in with you, me, and Derka as the round table. Turn it into a longhorn variety show. Have a political segment where jimmyjazz and Hugo Stiglitz alternate between shouting and sobbing at Johnny Sack, who lights his cigar by setting a $100 on fire and holding it to the end of the ciggy, and just generally acts smug to whatever jimmyjazz and Stiglitz are saying. Have a recruiting section where Sydney Carton basically just screams at callers while sarvanaash sits quietly in the sidekick chair and bites his fingernails. Have a current affairs segment where brisketexan attempts to read at least one headline before exploding into a tear-filled, red-faced tirade about the decline of humanity. I’d close every show by challenging the worst caller to a fight and telling Derka that Shaka Smart is a coaching genius. I like where you’re going with this. 

I would watch that

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Meh. That’s how dumb college students learn.

Sometimes the best way to learn is from experience... As we all know even in our youth, we were given advice that would have helped... But we elected the "your old" strategy from who was offering it...

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I assume the fraternities will send pledges in to hold blocks of seats and continue to show up toward the end of the first quarter.  

I further assume there will be some fights over seats.

It would be better if there were a handful of general admission entrances for students, at which the tickets with seat numbers were handed to them as they scanned their IDs.  Then, they have a seat, they can't leave the stadium, but they don't have to sit in the DKR easy bake oven section the entire time holding their seat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That is a great idea.  Regular features on the late Rick Barnes years also, I assume.  

And the Derka Mailbag.  That would be essential. 

Edited by runthebone

19 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Why..?

No you're right. We need to bombard our new AD with Twitter symbols, peanut allergies and offering a gluten free menu at home games within the first year.

Don't get me wrong, he's brought transparency and an open line of communications in Belmont, something we haven't seen before, and I appreciate that. Just wish we didn't have so many pompous asshats using this for trivial shit when more pressing issues need to be addressed. 

12 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

No you're right. We need to bombard our new AD with Twitter symbols, peanut allergies and offering a gluten free menu at home games within the first year.

Don't get me wrong, he's brought transparency and an open line of communications in Belmont, something we haven't seen before, and I appreciate that. Just wish we didn't have so many pompous asshats using this for trivial shit when more pressing issues need to be addressed. 

Ok, I get your point, at some point in the future he may delegate some of the more menial text to an assistant to help with what you state...

He's publicly selling $5 tallboys offered directly by our Athletic Dept. at 6:00am before the Baylor game in full view of praying/raping Baptists.  He just earned some serious street-cred.